Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Today I bought this record, since I have been starting to explore Pink Floyd and their solo stuff. I can also say that I was on this tour, great tour!

http://i.imgur.com/MAIApPi.jpg

• Like 1

Bought these three all from last night's Mallory Knox gig:

Fatherson- I Am An Island

Fatherson- Open Book

Lonely The Brave- Things Will Matter

Today I got my hands on some Queen / Freddie Mercury solo singles in kinda good condition.

The Queen singles:

http://i.imgur.com/I4SrXub.jpg

The Freddie Mercury solo singles:

http://i.imgur.com/rtkQr50.jpg

I'd like to like this a few more times.

• Like 2

Grabbed these tonight during Planning For Burial's record release show...

Planning For Burial - Below The House (vinyl)

Planning For Burial & Mother Room - Split 7" (vinyl)

And earlier in the day during a visit to Rough Trade NYC...

The Dillinger Escape Plan w/ Mike Patton - Irony Is A Dead Scene (vinyl)

• Like 1

Aldaria - Land of Light (I got it signed by Frode Hovd and it came with a sticker as a pre-order bonus)

Electric Light Orchestra - The Essential Electric Light Orchestra

-I haven't gotten much else lately since I tried my best to save up for my guitar-

Edited by LakesideShark

All right, time to show you guys my new records that I got today, after spending a whole day in different record stores!

First one is a new pressing of Pink Floyd - The Wall:

http://i.imgur.com/iZzP6rm.jpg

Second one is also a new pressing of Bad Company - Straight Shooter:

http://i.imgur.com/ua4RWBa.jpg

• Like 2

And the last 2 is:

A original pressing, tho not in mint condition, Queen - Sheer Heart Attack:

http://i.imgur.com/5R7SXvl.jpg

And last is a Brian May single called Too Much Love Will Kill You:

http://i.imgur.com/GfPYTAN.jpg

I got another vinyl record today that I ordered weeks ago from discogs. I was starting to get nervous that I would not get it, but today it arrived! It is a first Japanese pressing of the Queen album Sheer Heart Attack in near mint quality:

http://i.imgur.com/WDynhEj.jpg

Nirvana- Nevermind

Nirvana- In Utero

Stevie Nicks- Bella Donna (3 disc expanded and remastered edition)

Stevie Nicks- The Wild Heart (2 disc expanded and remastered edition)

Fleetwood Mac- Tango In The Night (2 disc expanded and remastered edition)

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers- Anthology: Through The Years (2 CD set)

• Like 1

I ordered these 2 singles like a week ago from discogs. But got them today! They are both in great quality. I also bought Queen - Greatest Hits II on vinyl record today, but I will return it, so I wont link it here. But here is my 2 new singles:

http://i.imgur.com/06tGSwB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/U10wmxu.jpg

I got another vinyl record today that I ordered weeks ago from discogs. I was starting to get nervous that I would not get it, but today it arrived! It is a first Japanese pressing of the Queen album Sheer Heart Attack in near mint quality:

http://i.imgur.com/WDynhEj.jpg

Why did you buy more than one copy of Sheer Heart Attack? It makes me wonder if one is for show and the other is for playing. If so, I can understand the ideology behind that, but I do not agree with it. Records were made to be played and cherished, not hoarded. If you aren't using one, sell it or pass it on. Odds are somebody else will love it too. If that isn't why you bought two, then I apologize, but I'd really like to know why you did.

• Like 1

I got another vinyl record today that I ordered weeks ago from discogs. I was starting to get nervous that I would not get it, but today it arrived! It is a first Japanese pressing of the Queen album Sheer Heart Attack in near mint quality.

Why did you buy more than one copy of Sheer Heart Attack? It makes me wonder if one is for show and the other is for playing. If so, I can understand the ideology behind that, but I do not agree with it. Records were made to be played and cherished, not hoarded. If you aren't using one, sell it or pass it on. Odds are somebody else will love it too. If that isn't why you bought two, then I apologize, but I'd really like to know why you did.

First of, I am a collector, not just a listener, so I want all the different pressings. And second, a first UK pressing and a first Japanese pressing can sound very different. Japanese pressings sound most of the cases very nice. And I bought the UK pressing for 3 reasons.

1. I am a collector, like I said

2. It is the first original pressing

3. I like to compare the UK original pressing with the Japanese pressing.

I got another vinyl record today that I ordered weeks ago from discogs. I was starting to get nervous that I would not get it, but today it arrived! It is a first Japanese pressing of the Queen album Sheer Heart Attack in near mint quality.

First of, I am a collector, not just a listener, so I want all the different pressings. And second, a first UK pressing and a first Japanese pressing can sound very different. Japanese pressings sound most of the cases very nice. And I bought the UK pressing for 3 reasons.

Queen records are hard to come by in many places (like here). I understand the appeal of collecting records, but sadly I don't agree with it. I feel lucky to have A copy of SHA on vinyl.

Queen records are hard to come by in many places (like here). I understand the appeal of collecting records, but sadly I don't agree with it. I feel lucky to have A copy of SHA on vinyl.

You probably have a very different outlook on life. Music is a pleasure and a joy and a source of comfort for me. I research the best editions and best value for money. Some bands I replace copies of albums for deluxe editions but rarely keep every edition. I pass them on to friends who would like them instead.

But my interest in music spans many genres and dozens of bands have my rabid enthusiasm so if I approached collecting like Zumbi I'd need a whole village to store everything.

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers- Damn The Torpedoes

Tom Petty- Full Moon Fever

Tom Petty- Wildflowers

Fleetwood Mac- Behind The Mask

Mastodon- Remission (remastered)

Mastodon- Blood Mountain

Mastodon- Crack The Skye

I bought the Mastodon albums as I have lost my old copies over the course of moving house a couple of times. Oops.

• Like 3

You probably have a very different outlook on life. Music is a pleasure and a joy and a source of comfort for me. I research the best editions and best value for money. Some bands I replace copies of albums for deluxe editions but rarely keep every edition. I pass them on to friends who would like them instead.

But my interest in music spans many genres and dozens of bands have my rabid enthusiasm so if I approached collecting like Zumbi I'd need a whole village to store everything.

A great pro-tip!

I guess it's nice that this is what Zumbi does for a hobby, but he's got his way of consuming music and I've got mine. And quite frankly, I find I'd rather spend money on a much eclectic collection ranging many formats, bands, genres, etc. than multiple copies/pressings of the same album.

I misspoke here. Said I don't agree with collecting records. This is false. What I'm not so much a fan of is collecting editions for the purpose of collection over listening to and enjoying music. I think your point still stands, and I suppose it isn't my place to tell anyone else to change the nature of their favorite hobby, but I did want to clarify for the sake of posterity. I myself collect records, but I shoot for good deals on cheap things (except in very certain scenarios) because I like to get more bang for my buck as far as exploring music.

I think really what made me respond in the first place was my inner Queen fan being very annoyed how hard it is for me to find any Queen records while someone else has multiple copies of them for reasons I just don't agree with. Or, in the words of Freddie, "Jealousy, you got me somehow..."

Sorry. I still don't agree, but I'll keep my mouth shut about it.

Some of these I've had on order for a while now. The first two albums are pre-orders, and the 2nd/3rd albums are sort of a late "birthday" present.

Full of Hell - Trumpeting Ecstasy (vinyl)

Oxbow - Thin Black Duke (vinyl)

Full of Hell & Merzbow - Full of Hell & Merzbow (vinyl)

Sunn O))) - 2017.3.17, Knockdown Center, Maspeth, NY, NYC (digital)

Wouldn't be surprised I'll add the new ENDON album by the end of this week as it's been teased that pre-orders for it will happen soon.

I'm skipping RSD this year. There's 2 releases I like but neither of which I "need" tbh.

Edited by PolarizeMe

Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail

Stevie Wonder - Talking Book

Weezer - Pinkerton

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny

• Like 1

Deep Purple - inFinite (CD & DVD digipack)

Kreator - Gods of Violence

Diamond Head - Diamond Head

Megadeth - Youthanasia

Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

ABBA - Gold: Greatest Hits

The Defiants - The Defiants

Sanctuary - Refuge Denied (cassette tape)

• Like 3

Today I picked up some viny and a NOFX DVD:

Yes - Going For The One

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

REO Speedwagon - You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish

The J. Geils Band - Showtime!

Ted Niugent - Weekend Warriors

NOFX - 10 Years of f***in' UP

• Like 1

Got two LPs today!

Saxon - Into the Labyrinth (Record Store Day exclusive picture disc)

The J. Geils Band - Sanctuary