Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Just won a Japanese pressing of Permanent Waves (Epic Records) on eBay. I guess that's my new music.
  • Like 2

Currently in Atlanta for vacation and I managed to visit some record stores in the area and snagged a couple of records. Appropriately all are Georgian/Floridian bands.

Baroness - Yellow and Green Album (digibook CD)

Baroness - Live At Maida Vale (vinyl)

Harvey Milk - My Love Is Higher Than What My Assessment Of What My Love Could Be (vinyl)

Torche - Harmonicraft (vinyl)

• Like 1

Currently in Atlanta for vacation and I managed to visit some record stores in the area and snagged a couple of records. Appropriately all are Georgian/Floridian bands.

Harvey Milk - My Love Is Higher Than What My Assessment Of What My Love Could Be (vinyl)

f**k yeah

• Like 1

f**k yeah

I actually began listening to Baroness cause you've name dropped them on the Album You're Listening To thread a couple of times and I heard of them through a recommendation from my Last.fm account since they figured if I love Mastodon and Isis, I'm bound to love them as well. It's possibly a bias opinion, but Baroness proves the theory that I've never heard a shit band who are/were on Relapse Records. Now I just can't stop listening to them!

f**k yeah

I actually began listening to Baroness cause you've name dropped them on the Album You're Listening To thread a couple of times and I heard of them through a recommendation from my Last.fm account since they figured if I love Mastodon and Isis, I'm bound to love them as well. It's possibly a bias opinion, but Baroness proves the theory that I've never heard a shit band who are/were on Relapse Records. Now I just can't stop listening to them!

Glad to hear I can help a little. You gave way to me finding Isis (though I lost the f***ing album I own so I haven't been listening to them in a bit). They've really blown up on my speakers over the last few months

Edited by Union 5-3992

Porcupine Tree - The Sky Moves Sideways / Moonloop

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (Steven Wilson re-mix)

• Like 2

I've never heard the Wilson mix of Thick as a Brick. I have Benefit, though- that's my favorite Tull album.

The Sky Moves Sideways is top, as well. Great record.

• Like 1

I've never heard the Wilson mix of Thick as a Brick. I have Benefit, though- that's my favorite Tull album.

The Sky Moves Sideways is top, as well. Great record.

I'm listening to TAAB at the moment. I was not sure that it would sound much different from the original, but the clarity is amazing.

• Like 1

King Crimson - Red (40th Anniversary Edition)

King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black (40th Anniversary Edition)

• Like 1

King Crimson - Red (40th Anniversary Edition)

King Crimson - Starless and Bible Black (40th Anniversary Edition)

I have the 40th Anniversary edition of Larks' Tongues in Aspic, but not these two. Are they just as incredible?

• Like 1

Dream Theater - Images and Words

Genesis - Foxtrot

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Van Der Graaf Generator - Godbluff

• Like 1

I went to the music store to pick up Book of Souls and discovered that Five Finger Death Punch and Cradle of Filth have new albums out.

Iron Maiden - Book Of Souls

Five Finger Death Punch - Got Your Six

Cradle Of Filth - Hammer Of The Witches

Heya, I wanted to start an official thread for people to post what new music they have bought recently. If any of you guys have bought new music recently post it here. I will get things started.

Today I bought 4 new albums...

Yes - Going For The One

David Bowie - Scary Monsters

Pete Townshend - Empty Glass

Beethoven - String Quartets, Op. 127 / Op. 131

On a side note, I have made set a new goal in expanding my musical tastes. Every 4 weeks, I will buy 4 albums (which I did today). Of those 4, 1 has to be from an artist I dont have in my collection (Pete Townshend) and one has to be a piece of classical music.

How about you guys?

what a great idea. I love that you included classical music in that!