Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Just picked up a dvd of the Counting Crows playing the album August and Everything After. I really liked the album when it came out. The live show allowed Adam to bring the songs to life and add emotion on a level that wasn't heard on the album. If you liked the album or want to see an amazing front man performance, check out the concert on dvd!

:rush: - 2112 (hologram vinyl)

Got it on release date, and it sounds fantastic! I turn 21 tomorrow, so I should be expecting to celebrate the occasion by going out and buying some more records which I'll post here as soon as I get them.

• Like 1

:rush: - 2112 (hologram vinyl)

Got it on release date, and it sounds fantastic! I turn 21 tomorrow, so I should be expecting to celebrate the occasion by going out and buying some more records which I'll post here as soon as I get them.

Got mine as well, but haven't listened yet.

And Happy Birthday one day early!!

• Like 1

Really outdid myself this time on my latest new music spree...

Harvey Milk - Life... The Best Game In Town (2xLP and in "Rainbow Sprinkle" vinyl too I might add :LOL:)

Execration - Morbid Dimensions

Bloodyminded - Within The Walls

Dir En Grey - Average Sorrow (music video BluRay collection)

Dir En Grey - The Marrow Of A Bone (CD)

Dir En Grey - Agitated Screams Of Maggots (CD single)

Cave In - Jupiter (I'm not sure if it's the RSD 2014 release, but I think it is since the 3rd party seller from Amazon said it comes in an orange and clear vinyl)

Katatonia - Sanctitude (BluRay possibly will get the vinyl later)

Those DEG CDs I bought for $1(!) each. I guess with their first American label being defunct since 2008, they're desperate to load off whatever they have left in their merchsite's stock, but w/e I totally lucked out on that one. I saw Barnett + Coloccia's Retrieval vinyl at that record shop I visited on my birthday which I didn't get (and kind of regret not doing so) but I'm likely gonna come back there later in the week to get it (if they still have it, which is likely).

Went to Camden Market today. Found a beautiful copy of Tales From Topographic Oceans for £7 on vinyl!

Sooooo beautiful!

This arrived in the mail on Monday:

http://d3mjk82f332v2.cloudfront.net/themes/site/images/splash/vault/vault23/vault23_admat_900.jpg

Also just got these:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/images/wealp61833.jpg http://thirdmanstore.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/t/m/tmr301_front.jpg

and this is arriving tomorrow:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/loudwire.com/files/2015/01/fnm-superhero1.jpg

• Like 1

http://newnoisemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/The-Gentle-Storm-The-Diary-cover.jpg

The four disc Limited Edition Artbook.

If Nightwish and Jethro Tull had a baby it would be beautiful. it would also be this.

• Like 1

Barnett + Coloccia - Retrieval (vinyl)

Zond - Zond (vinyl)

Wonderful keyboard/electronic driven ambient/drone record the Barnett + Coloccia one, especially if you listen to it in a suburban, city, or forest environment at night. Bought the Zond record used at a local shop for $6 on the basis of its description of the hypesticker (which was still on the shrinkwrap it at the time I bought it) "Psychedelic shoegaze metal on R.I.P. Society like Jesu, Bailterspace, Grey" Definitely lives up to the "psychedelic shoegaze metal" hype I can tell you that.

The Killers- Hot Fuss

I don't care what anybody thinks, I have always loved The Killers. This is a fantastic debut, but overall my third favourite Killers album (after Battle Born and Day And Age).

Here's what I got for Record Store Day 2015.

Mastodon - Atlanta (12" picture disc)

Swans - Swans (12" EP)

And I got this for my sister who couldn't make it to this year's occassion:

Ryan Adams - Come Pick Me Up [Alternative Take] (7" single)

Old Man Gloom - The Ape Of God I

Been on an Old Man Gloom kick for awhile now. Might buy another copy of Christmas on vinyl if they ever reissue it on vinyl again (I bought my copy from a 3rd party source), and frame the one copy I currently have cause I love that album and the artwork that much.

:rush: - A Farewell To Kings (2015 vinyl reissue)

Bought it today, and playing it right now! Sounds fantastic. This album is meant to be heard on vinyl!

What album, say prior to 1985, wasn't meant to be heard on vinyl?

• Like 1

Bought Steven Wilson's Hand.Cannot.Erase. on vinyl at the merch table tonight. Still need The Raven on vinyl and they were selling that on vinyl as well but I could only afford one of the two at the moment.
  • Like 1

Well, the other night I traded out some unwanted music at my local record store and used store points on my store account and picked up the A Farewell To Kings reissue lp, 2112 BMG music club edition cd, Signals/Moving Pictures cds with USA atomic logos and All The World's A Stage cd for $18.

The next day I received some UK pressings of Closer To The Heart with Bastille Day/Temples on a 45 vinyl as well as Tom Sawyer live with A Passage To Bangkok live on another 45.

Just ordered the reissue of the Permanent Waves lp yesterday.

Right now I'm trying to score another old Rush lp.

• Like 1