Official New Music Thread

Moonraker

Despite initially thinking that I wouldn't be able to find a place to go for this year's Record Store Day, there was a record store that I found outside the city and went home with a few gems:

Opeth - Watershed (Record Store Day exclusive release)

Dream Theater - Illumination Theory 12" (Record Store Day exclusive release)

Unfortunately they did not have the Katatonia RSD release "Kocytean" which was on the top of my must buy list, which means that I'm gonna have to wait tomorrow and see if there's extra copies that are selling anywhere online for a decent price. In the meantime, I also pre-ordered the 10th anniversary edition of Isis's Panopticon album off of Amazon, and the day before, I pre-ordered Steven Wilson's Bass Communion box set.

Blackfield - IV

meh

I liked the songs they played off of it live though. Pills and Jupiter were the only 2 songs that I've heard from it prior. I'm probably not going to like it as a whole, but I felt that since I saw them and it was at the merch booth I might as well get it anyway (it was either that or Blackfield Live in NYC which I already have)

No Doubt- Return Of Saturn

I love Gwen Stefani.

• Like 1

Dream Theater-Dream theater.

I don't care what anybody says the Mangini albums Have been awesome. This new one is no exception. Great stuff. They seemed to have regained their melodic sensibility that they lost when Portnoy came bearing down. Face it Mangini's been great for them. I thing he re-energized them. You can just hear it.

Mick

Won't receive it till early August, but he's been offering it through some sort of Fan-Deal thing of some sorts on his Facebook...he's signing them too I might add.

Devin Townsend - Unplugged

Speaking of which, I pre-ordered this back in June, but it should be arriving at the end of next month.

Opeth - Pale Communion (deluxe box set edition)

And there's a clusterf**k of vinyls I'm eyeing on at the moment, but I'm not sure which one I'll buy yet. I might even spend that money I would've bought on vinyl for an Isis tee instead just because I've been on an Isis high since late March and feel inclined to get one as a result, but it seems like they don't have tees in my size with good artwork/designs on them.

• Like 1

Dir En Grey - Uroboros (vinyl and CD/DVD)

Really lucked out on the vinyl version. Costed me $9.99 brand new on eBay. Pretty quiet month for new music so far, but in the coming days I think it'll start picking up again for me.