wierd Rush concert occurances

terrible_I

This is a topic for those of you who unlike me have seen Rush in concert more than once. Have any of you experienced wierd happenings at thier shows. If so please feel free to share. I saw them once in 94 and can barely remember any of it. Me and my lousy memory.

Not too uncommon, if your a musician/drummer. But in Phoenix this year, during the very first song, Neils main kick drum pedal broke. He played most of the tune with the 'aux pedal' on the left, while the drum tech changed out the broken one.

I've had this happen before and it's a real drag, especially on the first song. Thank goodness for auxillary pedals.

Mike

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Sep 28 2004, 09:40 AM)
Not too uncommon, if your a musician/drummer. But in Phoenix this year, during the very first song, Neils main kick drum pedal broke. He played most of the tune with the 'aux pedal' on the left, while the drum tech changed out the broken one.

I've had this happen before and it's a real drag, especially on the first song. Thank goodness for auxillary pedals.

Mike

So, if he didn't play a double kick, he'd have been screwed... NeilFinal.gif

This happened in the toilet at Birmingham NEC on September 11th.

A guy on a movile phone to a mate of his who had obviously scored a meet and greet

"You met who?.........Teddy Lee?..........Never heard of him"

"What?.....Alex Morrison was it?.........Who's he?"

He then went on to question his friend's parentage, before inviting him to perform a sexual act in an alternative location and hanging up. He then turned to the assembled urinating throng and blurted out in anguish

"He ****ing did meet them and all the ****ing jammy ****er".

biggrin.gif

In 1992 at the RTB show in Long Island, NY.... They wound up having a huge water gun fight on stage. Unfortunately, I did not see it cause I lost my keys and was desperately trying to find them. But my buddy told me it was something I missed. Anyone at that show? What exactly happened?

Watching rockjock Cynthia Fox rocking backstage (stage right) at Hollywood Bowl Snakes and Arrows then commenting right after on how blown away she was with how tight 2.gif 1022.gif played on local radio 95.5 KLOS... 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif

Shaking a friend of Neil Pearts' hand, whom he grew up with in Canada, and who I work with, whilst he was taking pro shots in the photog well at Irvine Snakes and Arrows '07 when all three members onstage watched... 2.gif 1022.gif

Good lord, this thread is old. wacko.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 5 2008, 04:50 PM)
Good lord, this thread is old. wacko.gif laugh.gif

No s**t. Are we that desperate for new topics?

during intermission at the KC June 7th show i was walking past a wall thing to go back to my seat and i saw this guy running towards the wall and right when i passed it that dude threw up a crap load and it splattered all over my leg and shoe. fricken sick! if i woulda had my poster in my other hand it woulda got soaked! fricken drunk ppl...

Interesting topic.

Yes, I did see something recently that I thought was weird.

I was watching a DVD "bootleg" of their 3/30/94 show at Rosemont Horizon (Chicago), IL and they were wearing those Hawiian "lei's" during the 2nd half of their set.

Archived