• Presto
    • Counter Parts
    • Moving Pictures
    • Snakes & Arrows

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 28 2012, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 28 2012, 08:12 PM)
"caress of steal"

C'mon, give the kid a break! dazed025.gif

agreed, nice poll kid i had to go for permanent waves but so many come extremely close, like grace under pressure... or caress of steel for that matter, which i'm listening to right now for first time in ages and totally awed by the fountain of lamneth again

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:55 AM)
"caress of steal"

agreed, nice poll kid i had to go for permanent waves but so many come extremely close, like grace under pressure... or caress of steel for that matter, which i'm listening to right now for first time in ages and totally awed by the fountain of lamneth again

Exactly what is so "nice" about a generic Rush poll riddled with misspellings, omissions (where is Grace Under Pressure?), and chronological mixups?

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 28 2012, 11:35 PM)
This kid expects some intelligent conversation and debate about what we think is the best Rush album, and what happens? Nothing but ridicule and sarcasm right from the start. We should all be ashamed, very ashamed.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

dazed025.gif

cool10.gif

moon.gif

goodpost.gif

It's seems quite sad when a 14 year old comes on the board and is more mature than a lot of the people three times his age.

I choose Caress of Steel. I get lost in that album.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 29 2012, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 29 2012, 12:42 PM)
guys be nice! he's 15!!!!! waaaah maturity

So you're sixteen then (referring to an earlier post)

...Explains a lot

sorry i made fun of the kid but you have to admit "caress of steal" is funny as shit, no matter how PC and loving you are

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Jul 29 2012, 06:46 PM)
It's about time the rest of this forum realized the brilliance of Feed Back.

Right ahead of Moving Pictures, where it should be. I guess it's a grower?

tongue.gif

I've never heard Feed Back, but if a song from Feedback starting growing on me, I'd have it removed before it metastasized.

I haven't really spoken my thoughts up until this point...

We know nothing about the guy. Even saying he's 15 years old is an assumption; not everyone enters their true age. In the pictures in his sig / on his profile from 3 years ago, he looks like he could be anywhere from 7-13, giving him some leeway.

Still, we know nothing about about his educational background, upbringing, how big of a Rush fan he really is...

My point is, it should be easier to just be a decent person and let things like this slide...

It's normal teen behavior to bully, and it's not even that much of a surprise when an adult pokes at a kid - it's just pretty bleak is all.

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 29 2012, 01:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 29 2012, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 29 2012, 12:42 PM)
guys be nice! he's 15!!!!! waaaah maturity

So you're sixteen then (referring to an earlier post)

...Explains a lot

sorry i made fun of the kid but you have to admit "caress of steal" is funny as shit, no matter how PC and loving you are

No worries. But I wouldn't categorize this as a PC issue, as it's not behavior that's offending a group but rather a particular individual (...potentially)

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 29 2012, 08:35 PM)

We know nothing about the guy. Even saying he's 15 years old is an assumption; not everyone enters their true age. In the pictures in his sig / on his profile from 3 years ago, he looks like he could be anywhere from 7-13, giving him some leeway.

Still, we know nothing about about his educational background, upbringing, how big of a Rush fan he really is...

My point is, it should be easier to just be a decent person and let things like this slide...

It's normal teen behavior to bully, and it's not even that much of a surprise when an adult pokes at a kid - it's just pretty bleak is all.

wouldnt call this bullying, dude wrote "caress of steal" and it's funny as hell

if he's mad or sad or whatever, 2.gif 1022.gif trink39.gif

Save the speeches. I don't care what age he is, he made a poll about one's favorite Rush album and couldn't even be bothered to list all the albums. Just because some people aren't afraid to point out that, doesn't make their maturity beneath yours.

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 09:07 PM)

Save the speeches. I don't care what age he is, he made a poll about one's favorite Rush album and couldn't even be bothered to list all the albums. Just because some people aren't afraid to point out that, doesn't make their maturity beneath yours.

think about the children! schla03.gif

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:07 PM)

Well, now you're just putting words in my mouth.

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 29 2012, 06:58 PM)

Classify it as anything you'd like to:

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 04:53 PM)

Wow, we're setting the bar pretty low for 15-year olds these days. It might be time to worry.

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Jul 30 2012, 12:57 AM)
QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 29 2012, 06:58 PM)

Classify it as anything you'd like to:

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 04:53 PM)

Wow, we're setting the bar pretty low for 15-year olds these days. It might be time to worry.

cool10.gif

caress of steal

QUOTE (NYM86 @ Jul 29 2012, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jul 29 2012, 07:55 AM)
"caress of steal"

Exactly what is so "nice" about a generic Rush poll riddled with misspellings, omissions (where is Grace Under Pressure?), and chronological mixups?

who cares u know what i ment ok