Tour Leak

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14440 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

Inside Clockwork Angels: Performances of a Lifetime

yukonbladegrinder.com

July 25, 2012
Music Field Correspondent
By Ahmet Rozier

In what can be only described as a phenomenal period of success for the band, Rush continues the hard work of rehearsing for the highly anticipated Clockwork Angels world tour. Toronto’s own Maple Leaf Gardens has been a hive of activity, with celebrities going back and forth through barricades to venture inside, only to hold confidentiality agreements in our faces upon any question we ask. Nobody’s talking it seems. However, The Yukon Blade Grinder is always looking for an entry point into the world of Rush, and today’s edition brings forth more news bound to ease the minds of fans all over the world, and beyond.

We reported earlier this month the dismissal of cellist Manfred Belsorus for his confrontation with then conductor, Ulee Wrentozek.  Information has been slow in materializing, but Rush manager Ray Danniels appeared on The Colbert Report and explained away some of the mysteries, and also revealed a little more into what is going on in Clockwork Angels land. Make no mistake my friends, information is being held under lock and key.

In a show of solidarity with Mr. Belsorus, The British Repertoire’s Acclaimed Wee Legion (or BRAWLer’s as their known on the local club scene) were photographed wearing lavender puce armbands, and carrying a bound and gagged conductor. Then tossing him in a rubbish bin behind the arena. With Wrentozek being summarily dismissed from his duties, Belsorus has been invited back into the fold—this time as conductor. “I’m glad to be back. What an opportunity to do something special with a great cast of characters. There is an unfamiliar harmony on the stage. Laughing children running about, dwarves becoming great friends and establishing deep relationships with the orchestra…a fantastic group has been assembled. The new versions of Cygnus I & II, Jacob’s Ladder, Xanadu, aaahhh, I’m here to tell you...it will be a profound experience for all fans.” Belsorus continued, “In addition, I and the irrepressible Mr. Ungerleider, have come to a meeting of the minds regarding steam-pipe emissions and orchestral safety.”

No secret here, it is now known fact the Clockwork Angels Orchestra is comprised solely of the lovely and curvaceous employees of the Bo Peep’s Sheep franchise. Highly specialized, these ladies are talented musicians of the highest caliber when called upon, but also vixens of love performing interpretive dance where appropriate. They are known as the “Seven Cities of Gold Dancers.” This double duty can be taxing for the performer, but a task they are all up too says the cougar of French Horns, Lakiesha Carpentier (stage name--Coco Budda). “I just can’t believe I’m on stage with these wonderful icons of Canada. They mean so much to our country and to me personally. Plus, I get to look at Geddy’s ass during the show and get PAID to do it. Life…is good!!!” Nolven Laughren, from the Moose Nut branch of Bo Peep’s had this too add, “I am somewhat in the proximity of Neil’s Kit. When he plays sometimes I get a bit of sweat my way…secretly—I taste it…but don’t tell anyone about it.” No worries--your secret is safe here my darling.

For the BRAWLer’s, they have different jobs, some that require great agility. With their roles during the performances Carnie’s and The Wrecker’s, those feisty members of the Wee Legion will be performing high stage art, with a circus atmosphere and pirate’s swords. Longtime friend of drummer Neil Peart known as Tiny Dynamite, shares some insights. “I knew Neil when he was broke as a joke distributing pamphlets for the local poetry jams in London back in the day. We’ve always stayed in touch from tour to tour, so it’s nice to see him every day. I’m glad for a change of pace. Been working the Harry Potter scene for the last 8 years, so this is nice. I have a trapeze act during Carnie’s that takes place directly over his drum riser. When we look at each other during rehearsal of the song, there’s a sense of WE MADE IT on our faces…it’s a laugh. After rehearsals, we have massage therapy, which is wonderful. Then we retire to our hotels, kind of 9 to 5. We eat dinner with the dancers and then hit the bar scene together. We’ve been duly designated body guards for the tarts, a job that pays great dividends when we tuck them in…thank God for Totem”

And a last tidbit of news, internationally acclaimed filmmaker  and documentarian Werner Herzog was interviewed upon leaving the arena yesterday. Questions filled the air like confetti about his visit to the Garden. He did issue a kernel of a clue behind his visit, “I’ve been busy starting the process of making the documentary of my dreams. Many of the actors of the Wee Legion were in one of my first films, Even Dwarves Started Small. Re-establishing those connections in the context of this phenomenal music event is what I intend to capture. I’m always searching for answers on why people do things, what I call “the ecstatic truth”, the eureka moment in our psyche’s where we learn something very deeply about ourselves, our human nature…that is what I will bring to the screen.”

Rock on my brothers and sisters as we wait for the next word…

Edited by Tombstone Mountain, 25 July 2012 - 01:22 PM.

Sponsored Post

#2 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7485 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:45 AM

Bravo, I can't wait to hear Jacobs Ladder with strings. I hope Neil's friend doesn't fall on his drum set. That could be bad for the cymbals.

ohmy.gif

#3 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

can we stop these now?

#4 deathlikesilence

deathlikesilence

The Seeker

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 25 2012, 11:45 AM)
Bravo, I can't wait to hear Jacobs Ladder with strings. I hope Neil's friend doesn't fall on his drum set. That could be bad for the cymbals.

ohmy.gif

uh, dude

#5 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7485 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 25 2012, 11:55 AM)
can we stop these now?

Why? These things are funny, they aren't hurting anyone? You're not a midget are you?

unsure.gif

Come on iLuvGeddy05, It's much better to laugh than to cry! I'll take this over the numerous negative Rush Threads here any day. They are creative and humours. At least I think so.

I say give us more Yukon Blade Grinder Reports. Since we're not getting anything out of the RUSH camp on the set list and probably won't until opening night just like on The Time Machine Tour.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Edited by losingit2k, 25 July 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#6 deathlikesilence

deathlikesilence

The Seeker

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

yeah, these threads are better than geminirising thread, so you're right

#7 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7485 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 25 2012, 11:45 AM)

ohmy.gif

uh, dude

Yes?

confused13.gif  

#8 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7485 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:14 PM)
yeah, these threads are better than geminirising thread, so you're right

They're funny, They're creative. I'm sure the boys would like them if they read them too. Specially Alex!

yes.gif  

#9 deathlikesilence

deathlikesilence

The Seeker

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

nothing, i misread your post

#10 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7485 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:16 PM)
nothing, i misread your post

Now I'm curious, what did you think you read?

confused13.gif

#11 deathlikesilence

deathlikesilence

The Seeker

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

nah....

#12 drgrendel

drgrendel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Golfing, and Hiking.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 25 2012, 01:12 PM)
can we stop these now?

Why? These things are funny, they aren't hurting anyone? You're not a midget are you?

unsure.gif

Come on iLuvGeddy05, It's much better to laugh than to cry! I'll take this over the numerous negative Rush Threads here any day. They are creative and humours. At least I think so.

I say give us more Yukon Blade Grinder Reports. Since we're not getting anything out of the RUSH camp on the set list and probably won't until opening night just like on The Time Machine Tour.

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

+1

2.gif  

#13 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14440 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jul 25 2012, 12:46 PM)
can we stop these now?

unsure.gif

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

+1

2.gif

Thanks guys!!! I'm happy someone get's enjoyment out of them.

trink39.gif

2.gif  

#14 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jul 25 2012, 12:12 PM)
can we stop these now?

unsure.gif

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

They are funny the first one or two times, yes.  But it gets old really fast.

I don't come on here nearly as much as "back in the day" (things like this are probably why), so when I do, I want to get the most bang for my (imaginative) buck.  Not every single thread is going to be serious and true, I realize, but if I am looking for information on tours, songs, anything NEW, I don't care to click on and through dozens of fake threads to find what is real.  Waste of my time.

#15 drgrendel

drgrendel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Golfing, and Hiking.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 25 2012, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ Jul 25 2012, 12:46 PM)
can we stop these now?

unsure.gif

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

+1

2.gif

Thanks guys!!! I'm happy someone get's enjoyment out of them.

trink39.gif

2.gif

Much better than the majority of the "polls" that are posted out there.

Keep up the good work!

2.gif  

#16 jaski

jaski

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:NHL, MLBS, NFL :) Aviation

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 25 2012, 08:25 PM)
can we stop these now?

unsure.gif

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

I don't come on here nearly as much as "back in the day" (things like this are probably why), so when I do, I want to get the most bang for my (imaginative) buck.  Not every single thread is going to be serious and true, I realize, but if I am looking for information on tours, songs, anything NEW, I don't care to click on and through dozens of fake threads to find what is real.  Waste of my time.

Absolutelly Luv ! When i read about sort of dancing with circus and pirates climate kind of thing i "said to myself" interesting, why it cant be true and above all get scared smile.gif Good that this is fake smile.gif

#17 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 25 2012, 01:25 PM)
can we stop these now?

unsure.gif

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Thank you...I agree completely.

#18 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

• Members *
  • 23041 posts
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:55 PM)
can we stop these now?

Yes please. Or at least warn us. I think this is as bad as the "Clockwork ANGLES News!". I'm tired of his trolling.

Edited by Union 5-3992, 25 July 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#19 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14440 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Jul 25 2012, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:55 PM)
can we stop these now?

Yes please. Or at least warn us. I think this is as bad as the "Clockwork ANGLES News!". I'm tired of his trolling.

funny how opinions vary...some people love these!!! Good luck in school!

#20 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ Jul 25 2012, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 25 2012, 01:25 PM)
can we stop these now?

unsure.gif

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Thank you...I agree completely.

goodpost.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users