Confirmed songs for Tour

LedRush

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifeson said with Alice Cooper that songs like TS and TSOR have to be played when discussing the current setlist. Alice offered TS and Alex offered TSOR.

And sorry about the wrong forum. I'd move this if I could. This is the second time...meaning I'm not a smart man.

Even though it should have been posted in the other forum, there are no surprises here. Trust me, there won't be any setlist leaks until we near closer to local rehearsals.

But this should be moved shortly with a scolding from a Mod. bolt.gif

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Jul 24 2012, 09:57 PM)
Is it really a spoiler to say that Rush will playing The Spirit Of Radio at any concert since 1980? tongue.gif

Probably not. I do, though, hope that some of these standards are in a medley, rather than being played yet again. I understand that they almost have to play the classics for the new fans, but I still hope they drop a staple or two, and so confirmation of what they're not dropping is interesting to me, at least.

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ Jul 25 2012, 10:57 AM)
I think I'm Going Bald

I think Alex is going to sing this one

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 25 2012, 07:13 AM)
I think I'm Going Bald

biggrin.gif

Is it really a spoiler to say that Rush will playing The Spirit Of Radio at any concert since 1980? tongue.gif

no, i was just curious as to whether or not it had been revealed as an opener or closer or encore or what

cause i'm expecting TSOR to open but if i find out it's not i can have fun playing rush guessing games

Well, Geddy has been talking about how much he's going to have to rehearse The Anarchist in order to be able to play the basslines and do the vocals at the same time when they perform the song in concert. Here's one instance:

"As soon as I recorded the bass line for The Anarchist', and then put the vocal on it, I looked at Nick and said, This song is going to be a motherf*cker to play live!', and he goes, 'What? Really? It's not so complicated.' The thing is, it's not about what's complicated, it's about the direction they're moving in; the bass is moving in one direction and the vocals are moving in another direction. I'm going to have to play that f*cker so many times that I can't think about it anymore, and that's why we've left ourselves more rehearsal time before this tour than we have for any other record, because I think we're going to need it - at least I know I will!"

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:36 PM)
Well, Geddy has been talking about how much he's going to have to rehearse The Anarchist in order to be able to play the basslines and do the vocals at the same time when they perform the song in concert. Here's one instance:

"As soon as I recorded the bass line for The Anarchist', and then put the vocal on it, I looked at Nick and said, This song is going to be a motherf*cker to play live!', and he goes, 'What? Really? It's not so complicated.' The thing is, it's not about what's complicated, it's about the direction they're moving in; the bass is moving in one direction and the vocals are moving in another direction. I'm going to have to play that f*cker so many times that I can't think about it anymore, and that's why we've left ourselves more rehearsal time before this tour than we have for any other record, because I think we're going to need it - at least I know I will!"

1. Tom Sawyer

2. TSOR

3. Carnies

4. The Anarchist

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:07 PM)

no, i was just curious as to whether or not it had been revealed as an opener or closer or encore or what

cause i'm expecting TSOR to open but if i find out it's not i can have fun playing rush guessing games

I wouldn't expect Spirit of Radio to be the opener this time around given that it was the opener last tour.

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Jul 25 2012, 12:41 PM)

I wouldn't expect Spirit of Radio to be the opener this time around given that it was the opener last tour.

one would think that, but it was the opener for three tours in a row back in the 80s

and honestly i think it's the perfect opener no matter how many times it's been done

QUOTE (deathlikesilence @ Jul 25 2012, 12:47 PM)

one would think that, but it was the opener for three tours in a row back in the 80s

and honestly i think it's the perfect opener no matter how many times it's been done

Agreed. Everyone claps their hands and gets excited, pumping them up for the concert.

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Jul 25 2012, 12:36 PM)
Well, Geddy has been talking about how much he's going to have to rehearse The Anarchist in order to be able to play the basslines and do the vocals at the same time when they perform the song in concert.  Here's one instance:

Wow, Geddy doing his best Andrew Dice Clay with the F-Bombs....can't remember ever seeing any of the boys talk like that in an interview....it was kind of funny to read

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

OK...to be a little more clear then - Spirit of Radio is NOT the opener this tour! smile.gif

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Jul 25 2012, 11:02 PM)

OK...to be a little more clear then - Spirit of Radio is NOT the opener this tour! smile.gif

damn alright sweet

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 25 2012, 06:13 AM)
I think I'm Going Bald

rofl3.gif

z7shysterical.gif

1022.gif