• Hold Your Fire (1987)
    • Presto (1989)
    • Roll the Bones (1991)
    • Counterparts (1993)
    • Test for Echo (1996)
    • Vapor Trails (2002)
    • Snakes & Arrows (2007)
    • Clockwork Angels (2012)

This is a hard question for me as there are albums that I know aren't objectively great (Rush) that hold a special place in my heart. There are others that are good, but because of when they came out I just don't like them very much. I'm interested to see what you guys think.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt T4E. 062802puke_prv.gif The title track is alright, but it should have been an instrumental. For the most part this album is uninspired drivel.

Who voted for CA? Even if you don't like the album I don't know how you can say it's their worst.

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Jul 19 2012, 12:18 PM)
Without a doubt T4E. 062802puke_prv.gif The title track is alright, but it should have been an instrumental. For the most part this album is uninspired drivel.

Who voted for CA? Even if you don't like the album I don't know how you can say it's their worst.

I feel the same way about T4E. It was the second album that Rush came out with since MP that people wouldn't immediately groan when I played it to them. I love the 80's output, but it doesn't hold up as well to any other period for me.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 05:25 PM)
rush haVe mAde some Pretty mediOcRe albums, buT aRe Any I've heard truLy So bad that I could say it was the WORST one? confused13.gif

i'll have to give this some serious thought...

I see what you did there. wink.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jul 19 2012, 05:06 PM)
Whoever voted GUP or Power Windows should be kicked off the board. tongue.gif Had to go with the self titled. It's like they were a different band on that record.

Their first album is what got me into Rush. My older brother was playing it and I was just pretty much blown away by the power of Ged's voice and the music. It's definitely in my top ten.

T4E is by far their worst album in my opinion.

Edited by snowdogged

WTF?! How is Test for Echo, from their worst decade ever, have the same amount of votes as Rush, which includes Working Man and In the Mood?!

Sometimes, I really don't get what's going in peoples' heads from this forum...

2.gif

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 19 2012, 05:32 PM)
WTF?! How is Test for Echo, from their worst decade ever, have the same amount of votes as Rush, which includes Working Man and In the Mood?!

2.gif

I don't really like In The Mood and always thought they played it only because Geddy wrote the thing by himself. I never understood why they played it as long as they could. But then again, I don't understand how anyone could like Presto or Counterparts more than T4E, which I think is a good album, deeper than most of their stuff from 1982 on.

To each his own...that's why Rush is great.

2.gif

It's not synthy enough for the new wavers, it's not brickwalled enough for the I-Pod squad, it's not trendy enough for the alternative rockers, it's not proggy enough for the hipster pseudo proggers and because it has Rutsey and no Peart it's not arty farty enough for the snob rockers nor lyrically advanced enough for the Lyric tards...

cat.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 19 2012, 05:44 PM)
WTF?!  How is Test for Echo, from their worst decade ever, have the same amount of votes as Rush, which includes Working Man and In the Mood?!

2.gif

It's not synthy enough for the new wavers, it's not brickwalled enough for the I-Pod squad, it's not trendy enough for the alternative rockers, it's not proggy enough for the hipster pseudo proggers and because it has Rutsey and no Peart it's not arty farty enough for the snob rockers nor lyrically advanced enough for the Lyric tards...

cat.gif

goodpost.gif rofl3.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 04:25 PM)
rush haVe mAde some Pretty mediOcRe albums, buT aRe Any I've heard truLy So bad that I could say it was the WORST one? confused13.gif

i'll have to give this some serious thought...

laugh.gif Well done applaudit.gif

I have to go with the first album. To me, Rush was born on FBN, the band was a completely different one on the first album.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 19 2012, 05:44 PM)
WTF?!  How is Test for Echo, from their worst decade ever, have the same amount of votes as Rush, which includes Working Man and In the Mood?!

2.gif

cat.gif

Thank you gentleman, both. You have saved me a good deal of typing. (FYI, the correct answer on this thread is Roll The Bones, but I will give partial credit to Test 4 Echo and Snakes & Arrows)