What is your least favorite Rush album

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

Poll: What is your least favorite Rush album (160 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your least favorite Rush album

1. Rush (1974) (24 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. Fly by Night (1975) (1 votes [0.62%])

Percentage of vote: 0.62%

3. Caress of Steel (1975) (20 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. 2112 (1976) (1 votes [0.62%])

5. A Farewell to Kings (1977) (1 votes [0.62%])

6. Hemispheres (1978) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Permanent Waves (1980) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Moving Pictures (1981) (1 votes [0.62%])

9. Signals (1982) (2 votes [1.25%])

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

10. Grace Under Pressure (1984) (2 votes [1.25%])

Percentage of vote: 1.25%

11. Power Windows (1985) (6 votes [3.75%])

Percentage of vote: 3.75%

12. Hold Your Fire (1987) (9 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

13. Presto (1989) (7 votes [4.38%])

Percentage of vote: 4.38%

14. Roll the Bones (1991) (18 votes [11.25%])

Percentage of vote: 11.25%

15. Counterparts (1993) (5 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

16. Test for Echo (1996) (31 votes [19.38%])

Percentage of vote: 19.38%

17. Vapor Trails (2002) (21 votes [13.12%])

Percentage of vote: 13.12%

18. Snakes & Arrows (2007) (8 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

19. Clockwork Angels (2012) (3 votes [1.88%])

Percentage of vote: 1.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 69766 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

S&A

Sponsored Post

#22 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 8915 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

This is an impossible question to answer. There is no one album I like the least.

I hate Presto & RTB equally.  1022.gif  

#23 NYM86

NYM86

The Seeker

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

The debut. No amount of 'rawness' or 'youthful energy' can hide the fact that the songwriting just ain't very good. Peart's importance to this band cannot be overstated.

#24 Cyclonus X-1

Cyclonus X-1

Yurts >>>>>>> Gers

• Members *
  • 61637 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, sports.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

Power Windows, though I do love The Big Money and Emotion Detector.  

#25 GeddyLeeRoth

GeddyLeeRoth

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1214 posts
  • Interests:My family. Music- Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, and Metal. Revisionist History and Anthropology, UFOlogy, Astronomy, Tolkein, Game Of Thrones (books), Star Wars, Weight Training, not completely growing up.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 19 2012, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 19 2012, 05:32 PM)
WTF?!  How is Test for Echo, from their worst decade ever, have the same amount of votes as Rush, which includes Working Man and In the Mood?!

Sometimes, I really don't get what's going in peoples' heads from this forum...

2.gif

It's not synthy enough for the new wavers, it's not brickwalled enough for the I-Pod squad, it's not trendy enough for the alternative rockers, it's not proggy enough for the hipster pseudo proggers and because it has Rutsey and no Peart it's not arty farty enough for the snob rockers nor lyrically advanced enough for the Lyric tards...

cat.gif

Thank you gentleman, both. You have saved me a good deal of typing. (FYI, the correct answer on this thread is Roll The Bones, but I will give partial credit to Test 4 Echo and Snakes & Arrows)

#26 Stormtron

Stormtron

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 7034 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

The debut rules. Test for Echo stanks.

#27 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 04:25 PM)
rush haVe mAde some Pretty mediOcRe albums, buT aRe Any I've heard truLy So bad that I could say it was the WORST one?  confused13.gif

i'll have to give this some serious thought...

Very nice!

#28 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5017 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Jul 19 2012, 06:06 PM)
Roll the Bones.

Two words:  rapping skeleton.

Two more words:  Face Up.

This just about says it....Roll the Bones by a country mile. Also, I would like to add You Bet Your Life as part of the reason.

#29 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Jul 19 2012, 03:32 PM)
WTF?!  How is Test for Echo, from their worst decade ever, have the same amount of votes as Rush, which includes Working Man and In the Mood?!

2.gif

Besides the fact that 2.gif is a truly great kick-ass rock and roll album that actually rates pretty highly in the Rush discography, I don't know how anyone, at the minimum, could rate it lower than Presto, Roll the Bones, Test For Echo or Vapor Trails. confused13.gif fing.gif

#30 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14371 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 09:20 AM)

2.gif

Besides the fact that 2.gif is a truly great kick-ass rock and roll album that actually rates pretty highly in the Rush discography, I don't know how anyone, at the minimum, could rate it lower than Presto, Roll the Bones, Test For Echo or Vapor Trails. confused13.gif fing.gif

Any record with Neil on it beats the first record. That was a different band altogether. But I smell what your steppin in!

trink39.gif  

#31 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 20 2012, 07:25 AM)

2.gif

Any record with Neil on it beats the first record. That was a different band altogether. But I smell what your steppin in!

trink39.gif

I can't accept that argument when I'm looking at "great fun album I enjoy listening to" compared to "mediocre album where I enjoy one or two songs, if that."  Neil or not, their debut is just better than several of their other albums.  Jeez, Working Man alone beats ALL of T4E and ALL of VT.  I rate it somewhere between 8th and 10th.

#32 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14371 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 09:37 AM)

2.gif

trink39.gif

I can't accept that argument when I'm looking at "great fun album I enjoy listening to" compared to "mediocre album where I enjoy one or two songs, if that."  Neil or not, their debut is just better than several of their other albums.  Jeez, Working Man alone beats ALL of T4E and ALL of VT.  I rate it somewhere between 8th and 10th.

It's not Rush to me. I mean, you hate Vapor Trails...to me that album is a revelation. take the songs that suck on Roll the Bones...i'd prefer listening to them than the self titled debut.

No big deal goobs. You have a different history with the band than I do...no two experiences are alike.

trink39.gif  

#33 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 05:25 PM)
rush haVe mAde some Pretty mediOcRe albums, buT aRe Any I've heard truLy So bad that I could say it was the WORST one?  confused13.gif

i'll have to give this some serious thought...

laugh.gif  goodpost.gif  

#34 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 20 2012, 07:45 AM)

2.gif

trink39.gif

It's not Rush to me. I mean, you hate Vapor Trails...to me that album is a revelation. take the songs that suck on Roll the Bones...i'd prefer listening to them than the self titled debut.

No big deal goobs. You have a different history with the band than I do...no two experiences are alike.

trink39.gif

No problem - you enjoy the hell out of Heresy, Neurotica, You Bet Your Life and Face Up while I'm rocking out to Working Man, Finding My Way, In the Mood and Here Again. tongue.gif

Bazinga!

#35 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

Professor Gumby

• Members
  • 63097 posts
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 03:37 PM)

2.gif

trink39.gif

goodpost.gif  trink39.gif  

#36 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14371 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 10:00 AM)
I can't accept that argument when I'm looking at "great fun album I enjoy listening to" compared to "mediocre album where I enjoy one or two songs, if that."

No problem - you enjoy the hell out of Heresy, Neurotica, You Bet Your Life and Face Up

while I'm rocking out to Working Man, Finding My Way, In the Mood and Here Again. tongue.gif

Bazinga!

The title of the thread is "least favorite Rush album", not "great fun album YOU enjoy listening too"

Oh and when I picture you rocking out to those songs...I think of "40 year old virgin" star Steve Carell walking around his apartment in the movie playing the tuba!!! Rock on with that buddy!

Bazinga--wtf does that mean?

#37 rushgoober

rushgoober

Vapor Troll

• Members
  • 29999 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Jul 20 2012, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 10:00 AM)
I can't accept that argument when I'm looking at "great fun album I enjoy listening to" compared to "mediocre album where I enjoy one or two songs, if that."

No problem - you enjoy the hell out of Heresy, Neurotica, You Bet Your Life and Face Up

while I'm rocking out to Working Man, Finding My Way, In the Mood and Here Again. tongue.gif

Bazinga!

The title of the thread is "least favorite Rush album", not "great fun album YOU enjoy listening too"

Oh and when I picture you rocking out to those songs...I think of "40 year old virgin" star Steve Carell walking around his apartment in the movie playing the tuba!!! Rock on with that buddy!

Bazinga--wtf does that mean?

z7shysterical.gif

Well, don't tell my wife I'm a 40-year old virgin! tongue.gif

All I can say is that 2.gif is a truly awesome album, even without Neil and without the lyrical sophistication that would come later.  Hell, Alex's guitar solos are worth the price of admission alone, but the whole album rocks hard. yes.gif 1022.gif

Bazinga is from The Big Bang Theory.

#38 rushlady23

rushlady23

Catwoman

• Members *
  • 16924 posts
  • Interests:Rush, cats, gardening, classic rock, cooking, baking, motorcycling, auto racing, baseball, chocolate

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 11:00 AM)

2.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

No problem - you enjoy the hell out of Heresy, Neurotica, You Bet Your Life and Face Up while I'm rocking out to Working Man, Finding My Way, In the Mood and Here Again. tongue.gif

Bazinga!

laugh.gif  goodpost.gif

Vapor Trails!

#39 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

• Members *
  • 14371 posts
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jul 20 2012, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 20 2012, 11:00 AM)

2.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

Bazinga!

laugh.gif  goodpost.gif

Vapor Trails!

Thanks for the love sista--Goobs was goosin' me!!!

rofl3.gif  

#40 Tommy Sawyer

Tommy Sawyer

I Must Respond!

• Members
  • 6672 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Music, Backpacking, Hammocks, Theatre, Science, Math

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 19 2012, 06:53 PM)
Their debut album is criminally underrated.  That and HYF.

Signals is criminally overrated.

I voted for Signals bekloppt.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users