An Extremely Trivial Game

The Notorious B.S.G.

Ok, here's a thought for a new game here. This will complement, but certainly not replace, the BSG trivia game.

Let's do a "Rush and Roll" trivia thread. Someone poses a trivia question concerning our favorite band, or some other musical performer. Make it as hard or as easy as you wish. First correct answer gets to ask the next question. Rush trivia is good, but why limit ourselves? Make it obscure factoids, puns which we need to guess, anything that pops into your head. For example, I may pose the question:

"In what song does Geddy phonetically sing his own name? Please quote the lyric, as well."

Well, actually that IS my first question.

Good luck.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 24 2004, 11:49 PM)
So it doesnt just have to be Rush questions?

I dont have an answer to the question, but when I do eventually get an answer....

Naw, I suggest we not limit ourselves. Besides everyone here is such Rush geeks, it would be too easy.

BTW, hey dude! I looked for ya to ask your take on this game, but couldn't wait. Sorry if I jumped the gun. You ever consider moving to the East coast to be more in time with REAL people? laugh.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 07:59 PM)

I dont have an answer to the question, but when I do eventually get an answer....

Naw, I suggest we not limit ourselves. Besides everyone here is such Rush geeks, it would be too easy.

BTW, hey dude! I looked for ya to ask your take on this game, but couldn't wait. Sorry if I jumped the gun. You ever consider moving to the East coast to be more in time with REAL people? laugh.gif

Heh, its np at all, looks like a great idea for a game

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 10:59 PM)

WHADDYA MEAN REAL PEOPLE???? mad.gif

Just joshin ya... laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Sep 25 2004, 11:02 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 10:59 PM)

WHADDYA MEAN REAL PEOPLE???? mad.gif

Just joshin ya... laugh.gif

LOL, I was there for 15 years. Its your so-called real people that I was raised around. Maybe thats why im as screwed up as I am

wacko.gif bncegrn.gif 653.gif common001.gif joker.gif firedevil.gif waffen093.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 27 2004, 09:12 AM)
"Scars"

I've heard the lions hunting
in the Serengeddy night

LOL! That's gotta be it!!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Sep 27 2004, 11:00 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 27 2004, 09:12 AM)
"Scars"

I've heard the lions hunting
in the Serengeddy night

LOL! That's gotta be it!!

You got it!

See now, folks, that wasn't so hard!

Your turn. Any trivia, Rush or otherwise. Even a bad pun like mine will be nice. Go for it!

Next:

Primus bassist Les Claypool had renowned bass builder Carl Thompson build a custom six-string fretless bass for him. What did Thompson say to Claypool after he finished it about the effect the building of that instrument had on him?

Not looking for an exact quote, obviously.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 27 2004, 11:37 AM)
Next:

Primus bassist Les Claypool had renowned bass builder Carl Thompson build a custom six-string fretless bass for him. What did Thompson say to Claypool after he finished it about the effect the building of that instrument had on him?

Not looking for an exact quote, obviously.

Umm.... "I'm all strung out!"? confused13.gif

Okay wimps, I'll give the answer. This story has appeared in a few places, but I'll quote Guitar Magazine from August 1991, where Les Claypool says:

"(Carl Thompson) works out of his apartment and doesn't build too many basses anymore, but he said he wanted to make me the best bass of his life. He assembled this amazing 6-string fretless out of pieces of rare wood -- purple heart, padouk, maple, walnut -- all laminated together, butcher-block style...It's a 36" scale, and he made everything except for the machine heads and electronics. He got seriously ill while he was building it -- he says it almost killed him."

http://www.ctbasses.com/lesRain.jpg http://www.ctbasses.com/lesCTB.jpg

Oh well, you guys are weak, but I'll forgive you. tongue.gif What now, BSG? Should I post another question or let someone else try one?

Archived