08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

GeddyFinal.gif my favorite is red barchetta, but yyz...limelight..and ton sawyer are greats.

moonmad.

had to go with TOM SAWYER just because it is one of the classic gateway songs for getting into rush....Lord knows it was for me!

Yeah right - ask us to pick ONE song that is better than the rest on Moving Pictures. Moving Pictures is a masterpiece from beginning to end. It is practically impossible to break it apart into pieces and select which is stronger than the others. For the purpose of this vote only, I went with Limelight. And it actually hurts to leave the others unselected. The Camera Eye probably is the Rush song that has penetrated my personal history more than any Rush song. I would do my homework to that song every night, and keep getting up to put the stylus back to the beginning of side 2. But so often I would let side 2 play out, because Witch Hunt and Vital Signs were too good to skip.

However, Limelight I suppose stands the test of time as one of the greatest songs in Rush's history (imo). For some crazy reason it is the one song that I feel encapsulizes (is that a word?) their entire career from start to finish. This song stands out amongst the others for this reason, and it gets my vote.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 23 2004, 10:38 PM)
What do you think is the best song from this album?

I liked The Camera Eye. A 11 min song. It was the last longest song that Rush ever recorded. I also liked it because it just seemed to hit me more than the other songs. Too bad it wasn't a hit on the radio. It would have done well, I think IMO. 2.gif Rules!

Edited by Ru5h F@n
  • Like 1

The Camera Eye..it paints a picture of a clean-cut, black & white world..it takes me away to that special place, & if i stay too long, i'd prolly break down & cry wink.gif

but it really is one of Rush's best songs ever IMO, & i could listen to it for days on end & not get tired of it. smile.gif 2.gif

It's Tom Sawyer for me...I never get tired of hearing it....there's just something about it that kindles something inside me. I love the music and the lyrics, I've always found it fascinating.