08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

I couldn't decide, so I just closed my eyes and picked one, but I couldn't force myself to just pick randomly.

I spent a good ten minutes contemplating this until I remembered I have a lot of homework (I'm probably the youngest member on this forum) and I picked Red Barchetta.

• Like 1

I couldn't decide, so I just closed my eyes and picked one, but I couldn't force myself to just pick randomly.

I spent a good ten minutes contemplating this until I remembered I have a lot of homework (I'm probably the youngest member on this forum) and I picked Red Barchetta.

We have some pretty young people here so you're not alone. Good choice, btw. :)

For, and to me, I chose "the Camera Eye". It has been my third favorite "Rush" song. The song "Vital Signs" is my second favorite from "Moving Pictures".

The Camera Eye. I'm kinda surprised Red Barchetta won, I figured it would be Tom Sawyer or Camera Eye.

I think The Camera Eye is one of the less loved epics in Rush's catalogue by many fans, partially because it's rather repetitive, so it kinda gets forgotten about. Beyond that, overexposure to Rush's most infamous song becomes an issue for many, thus Tom Sawyer doesn't score as many votes. YYZ is an instrumental that isn't La Villa, which demotes it automatically. Limelight isn't terribly progressive compared to the other tracks on side 1, which can be a mark against it. Witch Hunt is too much of a mood piece for many. Vital Signs has too much Police and new wave influence for many as well. Thus, Red Barchetta, the condensed prog mini epic with vivid imagery, iconic riffs and fills, and squealing solo, seems to capture the most of what the most Rush fans usually want to hear. Just my take on the voting patterns around here.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 4:48 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I think The Camera Eye is one of the less loved epics in Rush's catalogue by many fans, partially because it's rather repetitive, so it kinda gets forgotten about. Beyond that, overexposure to Rush's most infamous song becomes an issue for many, thus Tom Sawyer doesn't score as many votes. YYZ is an instrumental that isn't La Villa, which demotes it automatically. Limelight isn't terribly progressive compared to the other tracks on side 1, which can be a mark against it. Witch Hunt is too much of a mood piece for many. Vital Signs has too much Police and new wave influence for many as well. Thus, Red Barchetta, the condensed prog mini epic with vivid imagery, iconic riffs and fills, and squealing solo, seems to capture the most of what the most Rush fans usually want to hear. Just my take on the voting patterns around here.

Excellent Analysis Captain EP ! 😎

My Fav track is 

Red Barchetta 💥😎

followed by Tom Sawyer

my least Fav is Vital Signs … 🤔 as much as I love ‘ Police influenced Rush ‘ I think this track is at least 1 album too early if not 2 !