08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

Changed my vote to Witch Hunt. I think it is just so evocative of the darkness it seeks to describe.

But Limelight is still my favourite. I just think it is not exactly desperate for more votes...

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you already know my favorite. I've always had a love for Witch Hunt despite the fact that Rush has so many other amazing songs. I guess I was completely bewitched (no pun intended) by the way the pre-chorus riff just explodes into those big, heavenly 80s synths and my personal connection to the poignant lyrics.
  • Like 1

I'm changing my vote to the Camera Eye. I've been listening to it a lot recently and I've realised that a great song. It's definitely one of my favourites.

The Camera Eye has grown on me as well! Its testament to the greatness of this album that it isn't my favourite...that title belongs too...

Either Red Barchetta, Limelight, or Witch Hunt...gggrrr I cabnot choose...

...will go for...Red Barchetta...

Witch Hunt. That is perhaps my favortie RUSH song. I can't put my finger on it. I'm not very descriptive. I can say the lyrics are excellent and I love the use of the cowbell.

Personally, the best part of the song is the transition from the pre-chorus to the chorus, it's like a thousand orgasms at once.

This is like choosing a favorite child!! Arrg lol

Another tough one. Personally, I picked Red Barchetta. I love the imagery.

But, I would have to argue that Tom Sawyer is the best song. I know we're all sick of TS, but if it were not for the success of that song on that album, we might not be celebrating 40+ years of Rush. To most non-Rush geeks, excluding most on TRF, that song is synonymous with the band.