08 - Best Song From Moving Pictures

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

In the minority again. I chose this for two reasons. The bass solos at the end and the fact that it is my son's favorite Rush song. He is 10! When they played this on the last tour we were in the 12th row at SPAC. He had a look of pure enchantment when Geddy Lee came out. It was a special moment for me.

How do you chose amongst perfection? Each track is remarkably different from the other, yet they all carry an unmistakeable sound of a band at its best. I ended up choosing "Limelight" because I'm a sucker for that riff.

IMHO, Moving Pictures distills all that had come before and points the way to what comes after. Truly a seminal work.

QUOTE (HAZMAT001 @ Aug 28 2004, 10:44 PM)
The Camera Eye
Grim faced and forbidding,there faces closed tight, an angular mass of New Yorkers.pacing in rythem, race the oncoming night,they chase through the streets of Manhatten.head first humanity pause at a light then flow through the streets of the city
1022.gif

yeah great album

Red Bar - freakin' - chetta! When I saw the Presto tour back in '90, the second Alex started in with the intro to this song, the entire arena exploded in cheering, and it was hard hearing Getty's voice after that.

This is just a great song to sing along to. I adore it!

Hands down YYZ for me, not only my favorite Rush song but probably my favorite song by anyone, ever. I've literally listened to it hundreds of times - adding together all the iTunes play counts of all the different versions of it I have, the grand total at the moment is 533 plays. And I've never once gotten tired of it. I've never encountered any other song with a riff that rocks so hard, and yet the song has so much depth and is an outstanding display of musicianship - each instrument is played to absolute perfection.

The song represents what I love most about Rush, and music in general, and it is simply the most brilliant piece of musical genius I've ever heard. Specifically, Geddy's bassline. Whereas I didn't have any interest in it before, hearing the bassline to YYZ turned me into a lover of the bass and made me aspire to become a player myself.

How is Tom Sawyer got only the 6th highest amount of votes????

aside from the obvious choices, The Camera Eye and Witch Hunt just do it for me!!!

funny side note......when i first got the album, my friends and i used to play dungeons and dragons with it playing in the background. i then carried that over to me and my brother playing Othello in our bedroom while listening to it and it's been our tradition for under 30 years now! biggrin.gif