Popular Artists you just don't like

Def Leppard...

Candy ass bubble gum garbage.

I have to agree here. I love bands like Foreigner, Toto, Bon Jovi and even Ratt but I find Def Leppard incredibly boring and in all honesty, I think they are one of the worst commercially successful bands of all time.

I like their first two albums, when they rocked, and were there alongside Maiden and Saxon at the forefront of the NWOBHM in the early 80's.

After that...not so much

Each to their own...but Saxon and especially Maiden are in a different league altogether...

Well, I did just say that I only liked the first two albums, whereas with Saxon and Maiden, I love pretty much everything they've done ;) so, I agree with you

Oh I know I was referring to the quality of those first two albums against early Saxon and Maiden haha!

Really am not a fan...even though they are not far off other bands I like.

Saxon was never very good - an average band that came in at a exciting time ... In other words, they rode the coattails of a lot of bands, early Def Leppard being one ..

That said, after the first few albums, Def Lep became something very unfortunate

I've always thought that about Saxon too. Never understood the praise that they got from some when they're pretty much Judas Priest with half the talent. Whenever i've heard a Saxon song I always think that Priest did this much much better.

Yeah, I've wanted to like them, and I will still listen to the albums, but really just when I'm really in the mood for that era of metal ... I saw 'em in 1980 when they opened for Rush, so I have the nostalgic urge to get into them, but it just never clicked ..

Def Leppard...

Candy ass bubble gum garbage.

Their first three albums are excellent. Especially High and Dry and Pyromania.

I don't need to be convicted I don't like them do I?

High and dry is ok. Pyromania is ok, but way too bubble gum. I like some of it at the time.

I just think for a band who tours like they are sone legendary act and has a ton of fans, they suck. That's all.

• Like 1

Saxon was never very good - an average band that came in at a exciting time ... In other words, they rode the coattails of a lot of bands, early Def Leppard being one ..

Saxon were the first of the three bands to release their debut album, though, by quite a margin...so they started out coattail-free, then were later overtaken along the way.

Saxon - Saxon - May 1979

Def Leppard - On Through the Night - March 1980

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - April 1980

Maiden clearly trumps both bands for me, anyway, but I still love me some Saxon. Especially Strong Arm of the Law, which I love from start to finish.

(plus, Saxon are all Yorkshire lads, like meself ;) )

• Like 2

Journey

Foreigner

Toto

Kansas

Haha, four of my very favourite bands in the whole wide world!

To each their own...lol...

• Like 1

Saxon were the first of the three bands to release their debut album, though, by quite a margin...so they started out coattail-free, then were later overtaken along the way.

Saxon - Saxon - May 1979

Def Leppard - On Through the Night - March 1980

Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden - April 1980

Maiden clearly trumps both bands for me, anyway, but I still love me some Saxon. Especially Strong Arm of the Law, which I love from start to finish.

(plus, Saxon are all Yorkshire lads, like meself ;) )

I am probably being unfair, I know .. and I realize Saxon was one of the very early bands, I just meant that as time went by, and the style became more influential and popular, Saxon might have benefitted from the success of other bands ..

Whenever I put on Saxon or Tygers Of Pan Tang, I always think "Ok, this is gonna be it", but it never happens .. Those two bands just never did it for me, and I love that era

• Like 1

Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne

Crötley Mü

Kayne West

Justin Bieber

How does one not like Black Sabbath? That o don't get at all.

• Like 3

Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne

Crötley Mü

Kayne West

Justin Bieber

Well, a lot of people on TRF seem to love Ghost and I feel absolutely nothing for them. Diff'rent strokes and all

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17000000/Gary-Coleman-as-Arnold-diffrent-strokes-17012853-720-480.jpg

• Like 4

Black Sabbath

Ozzy Osbourne

Crötley Mü

Kayne West

Justin Bieber

Well, a lot of people on TRF seem to love Ghost and I feel absolutely nothing for them. Diff'rent strokes and all

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17000000/Gary-Coleman-as-Arnold-diffrent-strokes-17012853-720-480.jpg

Yes, but that's because Ghost stink. Black Sabbath don't.

:)

• Like 4

Hoo boy.

Bob Dylan- Terrible voice, sleep-inducing melodies.

Lots of rap/Country artists- My two least favorite genres, like no rap songs, only 1 country song (Squeeze Box, The Who)

Lots of '80s pop/New Wave bands- Too cheesy for my tastes

Lots of punk bands- Terrible singing, bland melodies

AC/DC- Terrible singing, bland melodies

The Rolling Stones- Lots of terrible songs by them, very few good

Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots- Bland grunge

Lots of cheesy pop- Too cheesy and bland

Dire Straits- Terrible singer, Sultans Of Swing is one of the most boring songs i've ever heard

The Police- Terrible, cheesy music.

Edited by Eel Yddeg

AC/DC- Terrible singing, bland melodies
AC/DC and melody don't belong in the same sentence.

This is not 100% true. Take the Back in Black album as an example, it is full of melodic gems.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Yeah. Ghost.

I would argue that they are not really that popular.

Depends how you look at it...in terms of genre and country of origin they are massive...

Edited by Segue Myles

Def Leopard for sure...later U2, Kiss, Pet Shop Boys( has it got to be rock )...be some more no doubt. Edited by queenshall

Bon Jovi yuk

He sucks. If I had the power to turn back time he would be a plummer

Bon Jovi yuk

He sucks. If I had the power to turn back time he would be a plummer

He can come and sort my sewage overflow anytime!

Velvet Underground

Yes and yes and yes...

I am sure a couple here might be like "YOU HAD TO BE THERE THEY ONLY RELEASED GREAT MUSIC YOU ARE WRONG AND MISGUIDED!"

Shush. They sucked. And so did Lou Reed. Only album of his I can finish is Lulu. Take that as you wish.

• Like 2

Velvet Underground

Yes and yes and yes...

I am sure a couple here might be like "YOU HAD TO BE THERE THEY ONLY RELEASED GREAT MUSIC YOU ARE WRONG AND MISGUIDED!"

Shush. They sucked. And so did Lou Reed. Only album of his I can finish is Lulu. Take that as you wish.

Magic and Loss is brilliant. :huh:

To each his or her own, though.

For the record, there is some Velvets stuff that I love, and some that I don't.

Velvet Underground

Yes and yes and yes...

http://images.gibson.com/Lifestyle/English/aaFeaturesImages2010/10-best-covers_velvet-underground_nico.jpg

This one is pretty solid. And Sweet Jane is a fantastic song...especially the cover by Cowboy Junkies. But yeah...their musical catalog is more of a captured vibe than a collection of great songs.

• Like 1