Popular Artists you just don't like

Frank Zappa

If you heard his guitar playing in a blind test i bet that your opinion of him would change. The man is a genius.

I think he is great I just hate what he does with his talent.

• Like 1

Frank Zappa

If you heard his guitar playing in a blind test i bet that your opinion of him would change. The man is a genius.

he used in inventive ways. i don't see him as immature but as someone who could write about anything. and make it interesting and freash.

i kinda love his you don't like it......stuff it approach, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Frank Zappa

he used in inventive ways. i don't see him as immature but as someone who could write about anything. and make it interesting and freash.

Mick

I think music is big enough for anyone.

I see him as something for a certain taste and it isn't mine and I don't like it at all.

Frank Zappa

Mick

I kinda don't think the latter is true at all. He was not cynical enough to not care. He wanted to reach people, but took exception to those taking exception.

• Like 1

Frank Zappa

Mick

I kinda don't think the latter is true at all. He was not cynical enough to not care. He wanted to reach people, but took exception to those taking exception.

Could be. well whatever he did he certainly reached me big time.

Mick

• Like 1

Frank Zappa

Mick

"Took exception to those taking exception."?

Some people legitimately think he sucks and without hurting anyone's feelings I think his talent is wasted on total trash.

• Like 1

I can honestly understand why people would not like Frank Zappa, but one thing you have to admit is he is amazing on the guitar

yea. i give people a hard time about it but i really can understand.

but the Torture Never stops on Zappa in NY has one of my very fav guitar solos.

Mick

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and say it...

Prince

He doesn't have one song I can actually say, man I love that song!

He is as talented as f**k on guitar but his music does zippo for me.

Not being anything except honest.

• Like 3

Beyonce.

ever live performance is Wailing passed off as singing. can't write much beyond clubbing and hating men.

Although she did change on the new record. she went from hating men to hating one man, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Beyonce.

ever live performance is Wailing passed off as singing. can't write much beyond clubbing and hating men.

Although she did change on the new record. she went from hating men to hating one man, lol

Mick

I prefer her vocally, aesthetically and musically to Prince. Better performer as well.

Even if she did murder Purple Rain.

Beyonce.

Mick

I prefer her vocally, aesthetically and musically to Prince. Better performer as well.

strongly disagree about the performer bit. but i get it, lol

I just hate the way she sings over people in a "duet"

lol

Mick

Beyonce.

Mick

strongly disagree about the performer bit. but i get it, lol

I just hate the way she sings over people in a "duet"

lol

Mick

I always get the impression she never rehearses a duet.

And Beyonce is the greatest live performer I have ever seen outside of Michael Jackson. I would put Prince about equal with classic era Madonna.

Still Tool.

i can't stand tool.......like their are no words, lol

Everything i hated about 90's rock in a nice ball of shit.

Mick

This is how I felt about Prince and eighties music (note the use of past tense...). No joke. So I getcha! And Tool are about as nineties as they come!

I like Tool but I don't quite get the hype surrounding them.

• Like 2

Still Tool.

Mick

What does it for me it's the fact that they're often so crucially lacking in melody. There's a few reasons I don't like them, but that's the most important one.

Few are those who are brave enough to stand up against this shit that passes for "revolutionary prog rock" :LOL:

• Like 2

Still Tool.

Mick

What does it for me it's the fact that they're often so crucially lacking in melody. There's a few reasons I don't like them, but that's the most important one.

Few are those who are brave enough to stand up against this shit that passes for "revolutionary prog rock" :LOL:

the typical 90's lawnmower rock vocals do it for me, lol

And your right. no decent melodies or hooks to be had.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I like the songs I hear from Tool on the radio. But when I hear a full album I think that's it? What's all the hype about? Their best stuff gets played on the radio and there's nothing beyond that.

As for Prince, the only song that does anything for me is When Doves Cry. He was a pop icon in the 80s and 90s but his stuff doesn't do it for me as a whole. Apparently, he was a great guitar player. Which is something I never knew until he died and everyone started singing his praises again after 20 years of saying nothing about him.

• Like 1

I like the songs I hear from Tool on the radio. But when I hear a full album I think that's it? What's all the hype about? Their best stuff gets played on the radio and there's nothing beyond that.

As for Prince, the only song that does anything for me is When Doves Cry. He was a pop icon in the 80s and 90s but his stuff doesn't do it for me as a whole. Apparently, he was a great guitar player. Which is something I never knew until he died and everyone started singing his praises again after 20 years of saying nothing about him.

I was gonna say...everyone I know is now a fan around where I live but I swear NO ONE was five minutes ago.

I did out of interest play Purple Rain. Nice album.

But he is massively overhyped. Seriously, I don't get it. He sang songs about sex over and over and somehow that makes him cool and edgy but Madonna or Beyonce a slut.

Not keen on him, his persona or his pretty bog standard pop songs.

Watched some live videos, not sure what the big deal is. He dressed like a 17th Century waiter styled by Liberace.

Musically I honestly hear nothing special but he was a good guitarist. Not exactly mind blowing but yeah...

But hey ho I get ridiculed for liking Springsteen so so what.

But seriously Prince is easily the worst of the eighties pop icons for me. And I swear I haven't ever seen his work praised quite like it has been recently ever before in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Beyonce.

Mick

Here's some heresy, too.

She looks uncoordinated as hell when she dances.

• Like 2

Beyonce.

Mick

Here's some heresy, too.

She looks uncoordinated as hell when she dances.

lol. i know. Greatest live performer...........Yea if you like spastic stripper dancing and scream therapy. lol

Mick

• Like 2