What are you watching right now?

Maverick

Friends

Still on season one.

• Like 1

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes on Cinemax On Demand

That one wasn't too bad. It still doesn't feel like Planet of the Apes though...but it's still enjoyable in some parts and better than the so-so "Rise of...".

Part 3 "War for..." is due out next year with Woody Harrelson as one of the humans. I assume he's a villain.

That one wasn't too bad. It still doesn't feel like Planet of the Apes though...but it's still enjoyable in some parts and better than the so-so "Rise of...".

Part 3 "War for..." is due out next year with Woody Harrelson as one of the humans. I assume he's a villain.

I am enjoying the new Planet Of The Apes movies more than I have ever enjoyed the old ones.

This was one franchise that was lost on me until recently.

I am enjoying the new Planet Of The Apes movies more than I have ever enjoyed the old ones.

If I graded the originals it'd be like this...

Planet of the Apes [original Heston one]: A+

Such an exciting, sci-fi movie with that dark twist and powerful final scene imagery (along with the sound of the waves hitting the shoreline). Saw this as a little kid in the late 70s on tv again and again and throughout the 80s, into the 90s, and up to now even.

Beneath...: B

A step down from the original BUT it still had Heston and most of the original cast. This one also still had the original Planet of the Apes vibe so that was a plus.

Escape...: C

Conquest...: C+

Battle...: C-

I'd put "Rise..." on par with "Battle..." without any benefit of nostalgia.

"Dawn..." I'd place somewhere between "Escape..." and "Conquest...".

The Marky Mark Burton Apes I refuse to accept as anything but an asswipe stink of a film.

Such an exciting, sci-fi movie with that dark twist and powerful final scene imagery (along with the sound of the waves hitting the shoreline). Saw this as a little kid in the late 70s on tv again and again and throughout the 80s, into the 90s, and up to now even.

A step down from the original BUT it still had Heston and most of the original cast. This one also still had the original Planet of the Apes vibe so that was a plus.

The Marky Mark Burton Apes I refuse to accept as anything but an asswipe stink of a film.

I treat the Tim Burton film as I do pulp novels. Delightfully trashy. Even though that wasn't the intent.

The original may be a classic but I have never liked it beyond the awesome concept. Never bothered with the sequels.

For whatever reason, I have found the last two really captivating.

• Like 1

I treat the Tim Burton film as I do pulp novels. Delightfully trashy. Even though that wasn't the intent.

The original may be a classic but I have never liked it beyond the awesome concept. Never bothered with the sequels.

The storyline of "Rise..." is somewhat similar to "Conquest...". Though not a remake by any means, I do think the latter does a much better job. Plus, Roddy McDowell in a rubber mask is much more convincing than (the very capable) Andy Serkis CGI.

The storyline of "Rise..." is somewhat similar to "Conquest...". Though not a remake by any means, I do think the latter does a much better job. Plus, Roddy McDowell in a rubber mask is much more convincing than (the very capable) Andy Serkis CGI.

Haha funny...I am 100% in love with the CGI apes in these films!

Real Housewives of Orange County....It's a guilty please show AND this is the only "Housewives" show I watch!

... Of New York is the best one. They fight most in that one!

I am watching:

025192014277_DVD_2D-X.png?itok=KgJfTnWH

For all its flaws this is one of my favourite movies.

My Blu-ray of STAR TREK-TOS season 1

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20transporting.gif(banana Transporting up....)