Ya Know What? It's about the board!

The Notorious B.S.G.

Ok peeps, hear me out, 'k?

I am a fanatic about this-here band called Rush. I dig 'em. They rock quite well. From "Working Man" to "Summertime Blues" to "Hemispheres" these dudes GOT IT DOWN!

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Sayin'?

I love learning new Rush trivia, hearing tales of Rush shows past, getting the first links to new, cool Rush stuff, and lemme tell ya, when I wanted to get pumped for my first Rush shows in 14 years, I hung with the good folks at the message boards. Which brings me to my point...

After the shows, and now that the R30 tour is winding down, I asked myself, 'what now?' I pictured myself hanging out on the board, but not as much as before. Ya know, just check the board once or twice a day? Nice plan. Didn't happen that way. Uh uh! no.gif

I'm keeping up the pace, I'm hanging out. I'm even venturing into the chat room now and again to "chat up da ladies". tongue.gif I'm a "playah"! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

And why, you ask? Why do I keep hanging, posting, reading, and joking? Why do we have one of the coolest threads ever as folks share their fun, goofy, weird, clever poetry. A thread so cool, even the Admins joined in. Why do we have an entire forum dedicated to our fine (FINE!) sisters and their assorted lusts and ponderings? We got games, we got sports, we got politics (oh boy, do we have politics!), we have a cinematic forum, we got the Astronomy Picture of the Day for goshsake! So why are we here? C'mon! WHY are we here?

Because WE'RE here!

DUDE! It's the PEOPLE! (Didja think I was gonna say something else?) biggrin.gif I don't know 'bout y'all but I LOVE reading the thoughts, diatribes, ramblings, vents, rants, and ponderings of the assortment of cool, intelligent, wise, silly, maddening, folks who call themselves "Rush Fans".

wub.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif tempted.gif cool.gif common001.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif bncegrn.gif gg.gif joker.gif bsg.gif

My point is not to get all Hallmark-Moment-y on y'all, but think about it? What keeps YOU coming back for more? I know MY answer, baby! trink39.gif

And for anyone contemplating joining us, or just hanging around the fringes, c'mon and join the club! We won't bite (too hard).

Ya hit the nail on the head, BSG! It's the people here. We've got some very intelligent, very funny, very creative folks here! This is a GREAT board! HUGE PROPS to RR and the gang for keeping this baby rolling! You guys rock! The best band and the best board! The Rush Forum rules! 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I would have to agree with you all. This board is great, and I am making some really cool friends (you know who you are... biggrin.gif ) I can be myself, (wild and wooley) and as BSG and Test4Vital called me CRAZEE!!!! I am accepted for who I am, and guess what??? You actually like me and get my humor!!!! That part is the real miracle!!! Ye, I would have to say, I like it here too, you all are wonderful!!!! wub.gif 653.gif

:ebert:To all the admins!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

In my best Ernie voice -

"The Rush fan is a person in your neighbourhood

in your neighbourhood

in your neighhhhhhhbourhood"

Or should that be "Netbourhood".

The reason I'm here is that I've found a gang of people as intellectually warped as I am...and they like ny favourite band as well.

Looks like a result to me

trink39.gif

The people are what make the board here! YOU people!

We have been up one month (yes, yesterday was our 1 month anniversary here!) and we already have 190+ members, 13,000 posts... We will grow greatly over the next year while Geddy, Alex, and Neil work on the new studio album (which is guaranteed to ROCK) and get to know each other over the next year before the tour starts up.

Stay tuned here, membership has it's priveledges (and what the hell, membership is free LOL) and members will always have the latest, up to date information on RUSH.

We have a ton of very cool things in store for the near and far future, things that will blow the mind of our members.

You all rock. trink38.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 24 2004, 09:58 PM)
The people are what make the board here! YOU people!

We have been up one month (yes, yesterday was our 1 month anniversary here!) and we already have 190+ members, 13,000 posts... We will grow greatly over the next year while Geddy, Alex, and Neil work on the new studio album (which is guaranteed to ROCK) and get to know each other over the next year before the tour starts up.

Stay tuned here, membership has it's priveledges (and what the hell, membership is free LOL) and members will always have the latest, up to date information on RUSH.

We have a ton of very cool things in store for the near and far future, things that will blow the mind of our members.

You all rock. trink38.gif

trink38.gif (In honor of our admin.)

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Sep 25 2004, 02:01 AM)
Damn BSG! Lay off the blow.

doh.gif

Geez! Get a little teary-eyed and they calls ya a coke-head! Oy! wacko.gif biggrin.gif bsg.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

LOL, thats hilarious rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

But you're right, TRF is definatly the place to be. Much better then the other, nearly same in name acronym (TRL, new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif )

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 24 2004, 09:58 PM)
The people are what make the board here!  YOU people!

We have been up one month (yes, yesterday was our 1 month anniversary here!) and we already have 190+ members, 13,000 posts...  We will grow greatly over the next year while Geddy, Alex, and Neil work on the new studio album (which is guaranteed to ROCK) and get to know each other over the next year before the tour starts up. 

You all rock.  trink38.gif

trink38.gif (In honor of our admin.)

trink38.gif Here Here!!! AGP, BSG, Madra, Riv, (and everyone else) I agree completely smile.gif I would not have thought to find such a wonderful place as this, and have it encompass my favorite band in the universe, AND to make such awesome friends as y'all smile.gif Thanks RR smile.gif trink38.gif

You folks are the best...I never knew I could make such real, lasting friendships via the "Inter-thingy" (bless you, Neil smile.gif)...PLUS so many NEW acquaintances that have such promise. I'm just tickled pink AND proud as punch to be a part of TRF.

Okay....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/a09.jpg everybody!

Completely agree with all of you....this board rocks because we got some of the "raddest" people on here! and of course RUSH!!! has "mad skills" in the music deparment!! (had to use the snowboarding lingo!) biggrin.gif

Good job ADMINS!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Sep 25 2004, 02:04 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Sep 25 2004, 02:01 AM)
Damn BSG! Lay off the blow.

doh.gif

Geez! Get a little teary-eyed and they calls ya a coke-head! Oy! wacko.gif biggrin.gif bsg.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

cat.gif

rofl3.gif

upyours.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/bsg2112/doom.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/GIFs/sterb272.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/GIFs/sterb130.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/GIFs/sterb252.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/GIFs/sterb112.gif waffen093.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/bsg2112/GIFs/fing06.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 24 2004, 05:57 PM)
Ok peeps, hear me out, 'k?

I am a fanatic about this-here band called Rush. I dig 'em. They rock quite well. From "Working Man" to "Summertime Blues" to "Hemispheres" these dudes GOT IT DOWN!

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

Sayin'?

I love learning new Rush trivia, hearing tales of Rush shows past, getting the first links to new, cool Rush stuff, and lemme tell ya, when I wanted to get pumped for my first Rush shows in 14 years, I hung with the good folks at the message boards. Which brings me to my point...

After the shows, and now that the R30 tour is winding down, I asked myself, 'what now?' I pictured myself hanging out on the board, but not as much as before. Ya know, just check the board once or twice a day? Nice plan. Didn't happen that way. Uh uh! no.gif

I'm keeping up the pace, I'm hanging out. I'm even venturing into the chat room now and again to "chat up da ladies". tongue.gif I'm a "playah"! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

And why, you ask? Why do I keep hanging, posting, reading, and joking? Why do we have one of the coolest threads ever as folks share their fun, goofy, weird, clever poetry. A thread so cool, even the Admins joined in. Why do we have an entire forum dedicated to our fine (FINE!) sisters and their assorted lusts and ponderings? We got games, we got sports, we got politics (oh boy, do we have politics!), we have a cinematic forum, we got the Astronomy Picture of the Day for goshsake! So why are we here? C'mon! WHY are we here?

Because WE'RE here!

DUDE! It's the PEOPLE! (Didja think I was gonna say something else?) biggrin.gif I don't know 'bout y'all but I LOVE reading the thoughts, diatribes, ramblings, vents, rants, and ponderings of the assortment of cool, intelligent, wise, silly, maddening, folks who call themselves "Rush Fans".

wub.gif 1022.gif biggrin.gif tempted.gif cool.gif common001.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif bncegrn.gif gg.gif joker.gif bsg.gif

My point is not to get all Hallmark-Moment-y on y'all, but think about it? What keeps YOU coming back for more? I know MY answer, baby! trink39.gif

And for anyone contemplating joining us, or just hanging around the fringes, c'mon and join the club! We won't bite (too hard).

Were you drunk when you wrote this? rofl3.gif

Sayin? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Singularity @ Sep 25 2004, 09:30 PM)

Sayin? laugh.gif

GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No. no.gif

Gimme a break, youze guys! confused13.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Believe me, if some of you keep it up, I'll never say a nice thing about ANY of ya again! pokey.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Besides, the quality people here KNOW who I was referring to, and who I most emphatically was not. nasty.gif bsg.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 25 2004, 08:48 PM)
QUOTE (Singularity @ Sep 25 2004, 09:30 PM)

Sayin?  laugh.gif

GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No. no.gif

Gimme a break, youze guys! confused13.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Believe me, if some of you keep it up, I'll never say a nice thing about ANY of ya again! pokey.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Besides, the quality people here KNOW who I was referring to, and who I most emphatically was not. nasty.gif bsg.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif rofl3.gif

BSG great thread man, I love that first post it was awesome. I couldn't have wrote it better myself. .................Hey man were you eating some psilocybin mushrooms when you wrote it? LOL j/j rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Archived