Rush's best "modern" slow song:

JohnnyBlaze

Which of these "modern" slow songs is KING?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these "modern" slow songs is KING?

• The Pass
    • Bravado
    • Resist
    • The Garden

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Jul 4 2012, 04:51 AM)
As "The Garden" is the only great song on the list, my choice was easy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the other songs, and some are quite good (Pass, Bravado), but none are great.

The Pass is a pretty great song for me. Love it. Still went with The Garden though.

Instant answer for me.

Bravado.

One of their brilliant songs. Just classic. It has everything. And Alex's solo is just amazing on this tune.

Edited by Todem

seriously, i hope the band decide their next album should be balanced more with this type of slower track, rush are fantastic at writing this stuff and we dont get anywhere near enough of it... clockwork angels and vapor trails in particular are great albums but balanced way too up tempo for me like they dont give you a break from the faster stuff

dont get me wrong by any means i luv faster rush but thats all we seem to get these days... slow it down a bit guys you're magicians give your music time to breathe smile.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Jul 4 2012, 10:18 AM)
seriously, i hope the band decide their next album should be balanced more with this type of slower track, rush are fantastic at writing this stuff and we dont get anywhere near enough of it... clockwork angels and vapor trails in particular are great albums but balanced way too up tempo for me like they dont give you a break from the faster stuff

dont get me wrong by any means i luv faster rush but thats all we seem to get these days... slow it down a bit guys you're magicians give your music time to breathe smile.gif

You listen at all to S&A? Plenty of mid-tempo tunes there. Rush is a hard rock band for pete's sake. If I want slow I'll listen to someone else. Bring the METAL boys! 1022.gif

They are all worthy. Certainly, the lyrics are fantastic on all four.

However, only The Garden feels like a song that has been around forever. It is really special.

It was close between Bravado and The Garden, but I feel The Garden is slightly superior.

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Jul 5 2012, 04:33 PM)
Bravado (excellent)
The Pass (OK)
The Garden (OK, but highly overrated)
Resist (yuck)

This is almost it for me. I don't really "get" resist, but I like it more than "yuck". I generally don't skip it.

Hearing "The Pass" for the first time, along with seeing the "Show Don't Tell" video got me into Rush, and set me on my journey of becoming a fanatic biggrin.gif ...so easy pick for me!

The Garden ..Just a beautiful Song and musically appealing,Christ 98.1 chfi in TO actually was going to play it.They instead played Limelight...are we older Rush fans happy or sad about that ...... doh.gif