Come On Children Film

RushFanForever

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jun 30 2012, 10:58 AM)
Posted in its entirety:

Come on Children Film 1973

Started watching it last night!

I watched the whole thing, (immobilized due to a bad sunburn obtained kayaking last weekend).

It is really moving. Could have been a chapter from the book "Go Ask Alice".

It was obviously a confusing time for him. 20 years old..musical ambitions..dropping out of school..his own child at home that he obviously cared about... lots going on. Perfect timing to shack up with a bunch of kids for 10 weeks!

The first thing out of Alex's mouth in the movie is a reference to his own son, and he discusses him several times. It is sweet how he takes over care of the pregnant girl- taking her to the doctor, and helping with the baby. (apparently, Alex was separated at the time from Charlene, who was taking care of their infant son).

I was surprised how long the scene discussing his goals with his parents really was, only a small part of which was in the BTLS documentary. The other kids did not get nearly the parental trip laid on them that he did in the film

Now, I am a huge and highly biased fan of Alex. But seriously, though, how could you not love him more after watching this film? Young, confused, ambitious, trying to do the right thing. Maybe not always succeeding, but obviously trying.

QUOTE (Animate @ Jul 4 2012, 07:07 PM)
I watched the whole thing, (immobilized due to a bad sunburn obtained kayaking last weekend).

It is really moving.  Could have been a chapter from the book "Go Ask Alice". 

It was obviously a confusing time for him.  20 years old..musical ambitions..dropping out of school..his own child at home that he obviously cared about... lots going on.    Perfect timing to shack up with a bunch of kids for 10 weeks!

The first thing out of Alex's mouth in the movie is a reference to his own son, and he discusses him several times.  It is sweet how he takes over care of the pregnant girl- taking her to the doctor, and helping with the baby.  (apparently, Alex was separated at the time from Charlene, who was taking care of their infant son). 

I was surprised how long the scene discussing his goals with his parents really was, only a small part of which was in the BTLS documentary.  The other kids did not get nearly the parental trip laid on them that he did in the film 

Now, I am a huge and highly biased fan of Alex.  But seriously, though, how could you not love him more after watching this film?  Young, confused, ambitious, trying to do the right thing.  Maybe not always succeeding, but obviously trying.

He was the most mature of the bunch. I can see why he of all of them succeeded. He seemed to be the only one with a goal, or direction, or an idea of what he wanted to do and what he wanted to get away from.

BTW in the party scene when everyone is tripping and Alex is playing guitar, around 54:30 it sounds like alex is playing the Working Man riff.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

Canadian accents sure were funny back then.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2012, 11:14 AM)
Don't Google this movie title at work or you may set off alarm bells, klaxons and so forth.

sad.gif

Ya you don't want the boss man looking up your internet search history and have that come up...

i love the part where he is petting the cat, with a creepy look on his face. laugh.gif

was interesting to hear about his son, but then i felt bad, like i was invading his privacy. strange feeling about that.

the part that showed alex's personality the best was when he was walking around in his robe and goes "has anyone seen my brush? it's brown. it's got bristles on it." i died! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jul 10 2012, 11:14 AM)
Don't Google this movie title at work or you may set off alarm bells, klaxons and so forth.

sad.gif

laugh.gif

Sick!

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 11 2012, 11:45 PM)

the part that showed alex's personality the best was when he was walking around in his robe and goes "has anyone seen my brush? it's brown. it's got bristles on it." i died! laugh.gif

I agree, although I didn't die, I just found it witty.

One thing that really bothered me (and this is a me thing) about that movie was I kept wondering what that house smelled like....I mean everyone was smoking all the time...It was old, and kinda dirty, and cluttered, with cats and cooking grease, and garbage and filmed in Canada in the winter so I'll bet a window hadn't been opened in months...I never could'a done that.

Edited by OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ Jul 11 2012, 10:45 PM)

Didn't think he owned a brush back then!