Clockwork Angels, a Masterpiece

canadianice

Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece, a once in a lifetime classic, I could mention a few of these that have graced our ears, over the years. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp. etc. I have alwats had a soft spot for Rush, I guess i can put that down to being a proud Canadian, living within a short distanceof the boys. From day 1, Rush caught me in there wonderful web of music. Over the years i have faithfully followed. attende there concerts, and really enjoyed there music. I guess being a true Canuck fan, i am naturally biased.I am the same age as Alex, Ged and neil, and i just want to express my heartfelt thanks, for all the beautiful music, you have given us throug the years. And to top it off with such a classic album, well words of thanks, would not suffice. Alex, Geddy, and Neil , Heartfelt thanks for making my life a lot brighter, with all your wonderful music. peace and love 2.gif
  • Like 3

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 30 2012, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 30 2012, 07:20 AM)
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22751345.jpg

Hehe

The comments on Fark about Ged's favorite albums was priceless. Five posts in before someone flames. It's hilarious

Hilarious!

My lunch nearly went airborne when I read this one....

"3. Jethro Tull - "I'll Stick My Flute up your Arse - OMG He Likes It""

rofl3.gif

On topic, is it a masterpiece? I don't think so, but it is very good indeed.

Sarcasm-o-meter at 11!!

"karmaceutical: There isn't a lot of variety in there. Not very surprising, actually. Rush is about as one-dimensional as it gets."

"Yes, I frequently can't tell the difference between Led Zeppelin an Bjork. Totally the same style."

1022.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

"Thwack: DarKrow: What about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy."

Geddy Lee's singing voice is much lower than it was in the late 70s. I would not call it low by any means, but it is much mellower now. That's another way I can tell someone who has not listened to Rush in ages, they still think he sings in a "screech" or a "banshe wail". As for his speaking voice, it's perfectly "normal".

*whoosh*

God almighty, this is a scream.

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 30 2012, 01:45 AM)
Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece, a once in a lifetime classic, I could mention a few of these that have graced our ears, over the years. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp. etc. I have alwats had a soft spot for Rush, I guess i can put that down to being a proud Canadian, living within a short distanceof the boys. From day 1, Rush caught me in there wonderful web of music. Over the years i have faithfully followed. attende there concerts, and really enjoyed there music. I guess being a true Canuck fan, i am naturally biased.I am the same age as Alex, Ged and neil, and i just want to express my heartfelt thanks, for all the beautiful music, you have given us throug the years. And to top it off with such a classic album, well words of thanks, would not suffice. Alex, Geddy, and Neil , Heartfelt thanks for making my life a lot brighter, with all your wonderful music. peace and love 2.gif

Appreciate your post. To me, it's close to a masterpiece but not quite.....but still love it. Like your enthusiasm. Just wish the haters well and thank your stars you're not them..... tongue.gif

It's time like this I wish I was a fanboi. But it's not my nature. I'm just very critical when it comes to this stuff. I till give CA a solid 6/10. Not perfect but has stuff i'd come back for.

I've started skipping tracks now too

Caravan

BU2B

Carnies

Seven Cities of Gold

BU2B2

That's 5 tracks.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Certainly one of Rush's best albums ever.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 30 2012, 08:55 AM)

The dissenters of CA are vastly outnumbered by the lovers of CA, and they know it and they hate that fact.

I am so happy Rush made an album this good! Not many bands can make a late career album like this. Its rare. I thought we would get another S&A, WHICH I DO NOT HATE! ....but its just an average record, imo.

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Jun 30 2012, 08:39 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 30 2012, 07:20 AM)
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22751345.jpg

Hehe

The comments on Fark about Ged's favorite albums were priceless. Five posts in before someone flames. It's hilarious

Edited because I can't grammar unsure.gif

Read the article that is linked through fark. I'm happy that the internet is providing access to more writing than in the past but I am still shocked by the quality of much of it.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 30 2012, 08:30 AM)
It certainly is a Masterpiece!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Careful.....SOMEONE will start labeling you....... laugh.gif

Y'mean like a fanboi... girl, I mean..? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 30 2012, 09:06 AM)
QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Jun 30 2012, 08:55 AM)

The dissenters of CA are vastly outnumbered by the lovers of CA, and they know it and they hate that fact.

I am so happy Rush made an album this good! Not many bands can make a late career album like this. Its rare. I thought we would get another S&A, WHICH I DO NOT HATE! ....but its just an average record, imo.

My opinions very closely match yours..... trink39.gif

While I was blown away by the entire album upon the 10 or so listens I've given it so far, I find it's too early to tell. Right now I consider it to be one of their best albums, but the hype train is still well in effect. I think that once the tour starts winding down people will be able to look at it much more objectively.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 30 2012, 12:45 PM)
While I was blown away by the entire album upon the 10 or so listens I've given it so far, I find it's too early to tell. Right now I consider it to be one of their best albums, but the hype train is still well in effect. I think that once the tour starts winding down people will be able to look at it much more objectively.

I think I can safely say my feelings won't change at this point. Its an all time great album.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 30 2012, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Jun 30 2012, 08:30 AM)
It certainly is a Masterpiece!  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Careful.....SOMEONE will start labeling you....... laugh.gif

Which is why it is [ironically] underrated by, of all people, serious Rush fans. This album is #2 to only Moving Pictures in my book.

Fawning over early Rush is fashionable. Fawning over new Rush makes you a fanboi. IMO all of the other concept pieces (really long songs) are wildly overrated with the exception of 2112.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jun 30 2012, 11:45 AM)

good point goodpost.gif