Clockwork Angels, a Masterpiece

canadianice

QUOTE (canadianice @ Jun 30 2012, 01:45 AM)
Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece, a once in a lifetime classic, I could mention a few of these that have graced our ears, over the years. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp. etc. I have alwats had  a soft spot for Rush, I guess i can put that down to being a proud Canadian, living within a short distanceof the boys. From day 1, Rush caught me in there wonderful web of music. Over the years i have faithfully  followed. attende there concerts, and really enjoyed there music. I guess being a true Canuck fan, i am naturally biased.I am the same age as Alex, Ged and neil, and i just want to express my heartfelt thanks, for all the beautiful music, you have given us throug the years. And to top it off with such a classic album, well words of thanks, would not suffice. Alex, Geddy, and Neil , Heartfelt thanks for making my life a lot brighter, with all your wonderful music.    peace and love    2.gif

I'm convinced the vast majority of posters who claim that CA is a "masterpiece" (or along the same lines) have either done too many drugs, or are regular weed smokers.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 30 2012, 01:01 PM)
Clockwork Angels is truly a masterpiece, a once in a lifetime classic, I could mention a few of these that have graced our ears, over the years. The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Led Zepp. etc. I have alwats had  a soft spot for Rush, I guess i can put that down to being a proud Canadian, living within a short distanceof the boys. From day 1, Rush caught me in there wonderful web of music. Over the years i have faithfully  followed. attende there concerts, and really enjoyed there music. I guess being a true Canuck fan, i am naturally biased.I am the same age as Alex, Ged and neil, and i just want to express my heartfelt thanks, for all the beautiful music, you have given us throug the years. And to top it off with such a classic album, well words of thanks, would not suffice. Alex, Geddy, and Neil , Heartfelt thanks for making my life a lot brighter, with all your wonderful music.    peace and love    2.gif

I'm convinced the vast majority of posters who claim that CA is a "masterpiece" (or along the same lines) have either done too many drugs before, or are regular weed smokers.

Herp derp.

I love CA, but it's not a masterpiece. Sure, I'd love to label a new album by one of my favourite bands a 'masterpiece' but Rush's true masterpieces have stood the test of time with me. Hemispheres, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Permanent Waves, etc. Those are masterpieces, IMO. If CA can be placed in that list in 20 years, then yes, I may change my mind.

But for now, it still doesn't touch those. It's a great album, but it's definitely shy of masterpiece status.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 30 2012, 01:01 PM)

I'm convinced the vast majority of posters who claim that CA is a "masterpiece" (or along the same lines) have either done too many drugs before, or are regular weed smokers.

Go crawl back into the little troll cave you came from....go away...shoo shoo....come on........

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Jun 30 2012, 02:01 PM)

Why, because your brain damaged? Don't lump us all into your own private hell. atickhum.gif

Really really good album...quite possibly great with some time for it to breathe. Such a great time to be a fan of a band still creating killer material at this point of their career. An interesting story and concept...including some songs that could be all-time classics. That said, the term "masterpiece" seems like a quite a stretch though.

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Jun 30 2012, 08:47 AM)
A top 10 rush album? absolutely top tier. Masterpiece? no.

That's about how I'd judge it at this early point...