Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

Not only doesn't it suck, it's their #2 all-time record IMO. It's bloody brilliant.

I sense quite a few people are very reluctant to make such statements because the way people gain imaginary status on this board is to find things to be critical of. Only a "fanboi" would be uncritical (1977 era screeching is exempt). I just know what sounds good to me.

This album has 60 fantastic minutes. What other album has that? Everything other than WTW and BU2B2 are killer. I'm not convinced WTW won't keep growing on me (not that it's bad).

Try to put aside your emotional teenage attachments to whatever you first heard when comparing.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Jun 23 2012, 09:59 PM)
Not only doesn't it suck, it's their #2 all-time record IMO. It's bloody brilliant.

I sense quite a few people are very reluctant to make such statements because the way people gain imaginary status on this board is to find things to be critical of. Only a "fanboi" would be uncritical (1977 era screeching is exempt). I just know what sounds good to me.

This album has 60 fantastic minutes. What other album has that? Everything other than WTW and BU2B2 are killer. I'm not convinced WTW won't keep growing on me (not that it's bad).

Try to put aside your emotional teenage attachments to whatever you first heard when comparing.

I don't think he's worth communicating with. He dropped a bomb and probably went out to a pub to have a laugh about it. May end up being the trolliest thread of the year.

Thats funny because i was just thinking apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

I personally see the OP as a natural reaction resulting from the teeming, undeserved positivity surrounding the album.

I mean... I think CA is good - it's not "Truly awful" like the OP said - but so many other people say things like "CA is the 2nd or 3rd best album from Rush ever," I can see this ridiculous post as a balance to equally ridiculous posts in favor of CA.

In a way, it's a bit refreshing to me to see some arrogant flaming toward CA; harsh criticism has been mysteriously lacking for an album created by a 38 year old band. laugh.gif

"Haters" often make me go like this: eh.gif , but at the same time, I kind've see myself nodding my head to each point made. Either way, I don't really see this as a troll post to incite reactions.

I can't find the so-called "bad-ass monstrous drumming," I never heard any absolutely killer guitar solos, and *most* of the bass is relatively not outstanding. CA is more of a logical step from S&A, as opposed to "the best album since Moving Pictures."

Edited by Steel Rat

No it does not suck....that's a little much, However it's nowhere near the praise it's getting, IMO. I like certain things but i'm not......oh wow oh wow oh wow. Though I kinda wish I could be.....based on the pure gushiness here wink.gif

Mick

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

Found this from a different thread:

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 12 2012, 05:52 PM)
QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Jun 13 2012, 12:30 AM)
Where's the obligatory posting of the waveform images?

http://i46.tinypic.com/2wpum1h.jpg

It's going to be a long summer, that's for sure. eyesre4.gif  I predict this mastering complaint and the "faith bashing" accusation will be the two rallying cries for the CA haterz.  I guess they have to latch onto something since CA is obviously shaping up as a near-classic for Rush.

Nope, don't hate Clockwork Angels, in fact, I love most of it. My issue is with the mastering.

Not particularly interested in religion or the "bashing" thereof.

Just don't like the mastering and the lack of sonic clarity.

So when you said you "love most of it," mastering aside, were you pretending? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

What you state to be fact is just personal opinion and what you claim about the album as fact is well... wrong. Sorry