Clockwork Angels sucks....

Terrapin

Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

No, it doesn't "Kick Ass" and no, it's not their best since... ?

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

• Like 1

I do wish that when people choose to criticize Rush it wouldn't be so predictable.

Personally, I like Clockwork Angels. It's probably my favorite Rush album since Hold Your Fire. And I don't think it's a masterpiece.

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 08:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing, but the songwriting, vocal melodies, song structures, arrangements are an example of a band that are completely devoid of any ideas as regards a musical future...

The mastering is so bad that the individual instruments and vocals are difficult to hear.

Quite obviously, to anybody with a pair of ears this album has been cut and pasted beyond belief and not particularly well

To be honest, I would prefer to read the novel than to have to listen to Pearts backing band trying to come up with some dodgy music in an effort to support his narrative.

"In the fullness of time" this album will go down as sucking as much as the rest of the Rush catalogue since "Signals"

I remember reading on this forum how great "Snakes and Arrows" was, only to be slagged of a few moths later, once the childish euphoria wore off..

CA is truly awful... you'll all agree with me in a few years - or through the "fullness" of time...

schla03.gif

Blah blah yea yeah...we've heard it all before.....

Next.....

• Like 1

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Jun 23 2012, 06:33 PM)
Apologies to everybody out there who are pretending to like this thing

you don't honestly believe we're "pretending" to like it, do you?

at least no one's pretending to like you. wink.gif

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1338580457649193098.jpg

Edited by rushgoober

And everything after Signals sucks to you? Wow, most Rush fans I know, and I know a lot, would disagree. That statement there by itself completely discredits your opinion of CA IMO. You haven't been a fan of Rush in ages, so why post in a Rush forum 30 years later? wtf.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 23 2012, 08:54 PM)
QUOTE (RushIslander @ Jun 23 2012, 08:39 PM)
Suck a rotten potato.

rofl3.gif  1287.gif

Trolls.....they're everywhere..... laugh.gif

Thank your stars you're not that way

Turn your back and walk away

Don't even pause and ask them why

Turn around and say goodbye

653.gif 653.gif 653.gif

• Like 1

I tell you what.....If anybody has been vocal about the mix/mastering its ME.

I have good reasons for the way I feel about it because I've been in the studio before. I know what they did, and I know why they did it.

Still, it is frustrating to know what it could have "been".

However, I think your off your rocker if you think the music is bad.

Your post is absurd.

Individual taste aside, this is one monster album and I have to wonder if you've even given it a few listens yet.

The mix/mastering is NOT that bad. Far from it. (Even if I'm on the side of "could be better")

The music is fantastic and the judging from the Forums and reviews the consensus is the same.

If your the lone little birdy who doesn't like it then, fly away.

Ridiculous post.

And no, i'm not pretending.

Edited by Two0neOneTwo

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jun 23 2012, 07:54 PM)
QUOTE (RushIslander @ Jun 23 2012, 08:39 PM)
Suck a rotten potato.

rofl3.gif  1287.gif

Trolls.....they're everywhere..... laugh.gif

not really......he's been here 5 years. He just doesn't like the album. Imagine that.

QUOTE (Two0neOneTwo @ Jun 23 2012, 09:02 PM)

I tell you what.....If anybody has been vocal about the mix/mastering its ME.

I have good reasons for the way I feel about it because I've been in the studio before. I know what they did, and I know why they did it.

Still, it is frustrating to know what it could have "been".

However, I think your off your rocker if you think the music is bad.

Your post is absurd.

Individual taste aside, this is one monster album and I have to wonder if you've even given it a few listens yet.

The mix/mastering is NOT that bad. Far from it. (Even if I'm on the side of "could be better")

The music is fantastic and the judging from the Forums and reviews the consensus is the same.

If your the lone little birdy who doesn't like it then, fly away.

Ridiculous post.

And no, i'm not pretending.

goodpost.gif

The guy wants a rise out of those who like the album. Gives the loser thrills. Troll comes in here, sees the majority praising the album like crazy, and he cant stand it, so he creates a crap post. Feel sorry him too. He and Gemenirising are in the same category....would not be surprised if the same person.

I dont mind people disliking the record and I have had no issues with some on here who who dont care for CA much because when they say it, they dont sound like a complete troll. This guy, you csn just tell.....he's posting it for attention and thrills, wants to see CA fans pissed off. Oh, it's so obvious the way he worded it. And unfortunately, here I am giving him the attention he wants.

eyesre4.gif

• Like 2

The album is okay, nothing more, to me. I like Caravan, BU2B, Headlong Flight and The Anarchist but nothing else does anything for me, but am I going to turn around and say the album isn't good at all? No. It is good, especially for a band of their age, and if somebody likes it then good for them, they were able to find enjoyment in it even if I can't. That said, I think some people's positions on the album will change after the newness wears off, I put it at around 7/10 as is..