unpopular opinions?

beherit

Since the "unpopular opinions" on Rush thread was interesting, what are some unpopular opinions you have on music in general?

1. death metal and black metal are good

2. there is good hip-hop

3. meddle's the best floyd record

4. kate bush is the best female artist ever (or at least my favorite)

I've got plenty more, I just can't remember them right now...share yours!

1. Going For The One is Yes' best album.

2. Steve Hogarth-era Marillion is better than the Fish-era.

3. Red is a better album than In The Court of the Crimson King (though both are superb).

4. My 2 favorite Opeth albums are Damnation and Heritage (may not be unpopular here but a lot of Opeth fans hated Heritage).

That's all I can think of right now.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 11:03 PM)
3. Red is a better album than In The Court of the Crimson King (though both are superb).
4. My 2 favorite Opeth albums are Damnation and Heritage (may not be unpopular here but a lot of Opeth fans hated Heritage).

Heritage ruled!

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 20 2012, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 11:03 PM)

Heritage ruled!

trink39.gif

I love the old school prog/hard rock vibe. They mastered it perfectly.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jun 19 2012, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 19 2012, 09:27 PM)
I don't like U2.

You are in good company on this forum when it comes to this.

I was under the impression that everyone here liked 80s arena rock

German metal is the best thing ever.

Find myself listening to music in English less and less.

Not to say there isn't a lot of bands that I like that aren't German...Muse, Porcupine Tree, Dream Theater, Rush (obviously), A7X, Apocalyptica, etc. I just feel German metal is on a whole other level.

Feel like my boyfriend and I are the only people in the world who feel that way, but I pretty much only listen to Neue Deutsche Harte bands and Rush right now.

Feel free to call me crazy.

QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 20 2012, 02:15 AM)
Kate Bush is best female artist ever
There's good hip-hop
"prog" as a term is stupid and should be discarded

yeah kate bush f*ckin rules

my dream is for her to tour one day, i don't care if she doesnt dance or is fat now or whatever, i just wanna see her

1. Pink Floyd gets too much credit for Dark Side of the Moon

2. Madonna was the best female artist in the 80s, but Kate Bush came out virtually unscathed

3. Kiss are not good and were never good because they were the typical radio/stadium rock group of the 70s and 80s

4. Radiohead is good (waiting for the shitstorm...)

5. Yes hasn't been good since the Union tour, though the album supporting it is absolute shit

6. Many fans of Tool, Puscifer, and anything related to James Maynard Keenan are dumb pricks who think all those projects are for "thinking individuals"

7. There IS good hip hop in the underground music scene, just as there is other good genres

8. Steven Wilson is becoming more self absorbed and that depresses me

9. Porcupine Tree will never release another album as great as Signify. Do not argue this, you will not win

10. The Orb are highly underrated by the mainstream music press, even though their last album with Dave Gilmour is stellar

11. The Zappa Family Trust has not properly given Frank Zappa's catalog the proper remastering/remixing it so desperately needs (we're still running off the damn Ryko reissues for f*ck's sake)

12. Wild Honey is better than Pet Sounds

13. Incubus has become more pop-metal than I am comfortable with

QUOTE (Oracle @ Jun 20 2012, 02:18 AM)
1. Pink Floyd gets too much credit for Dark Side of the Moon
2. Madonna was the best female artist in the 80s, but Kate Bush came out virtually unscathed
3. Kiss are not good and were never good because they were the typical radio/stadium rock group of the 70s and 80s
4. Radiohead is good (waiting for the shitstorm...)
5. Yes hasn't been good since the Union tour, though the album supporting it is absolute shit
6. Many fans of Tool, Puscifer, and anything related to James Maynard Keenan are dumb pricks who think all those projects are for "thinking individuals"
7. There IS good hip hop in the underground music scene, just as there is other good genres
8. Steven Wilson is becoming more self absorbed and that depresses me
9. Porcupine Tree will never release another album as great as Signify. Do not argue this, you will not win
10. The Orb are highly underrated by the mainstream music press, even though their last album with Dave Gilmour is stellar
11. The Zappa Family Trust has not properly given Frank Zappa's catalog the proper remastering/remixing it so desperately needs (we're still running off the damn Ryko reissues for f*ck's sake)
12. Wild Honey is better than Pet Sounds
13. Incubus has become more pop-metal than I am comfortable with

who doesn't like radiohead? i don't care how obsessed you are with 70s and 80s dad music, radiohead have some good ass records

here's one: yes hasn't had a great record since relayer

QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 20 2012, 02:19 AM)
Pleasantly surprised at all the Kate Bush worship around here. She is indeed awesome! trink39.gif

yeah and what sucks is no one in my area wants to check her out. they assume she's like, 80's pop like tiffany or debbie gibson.

i'm like omg you gotta hear kate bush but people just don't care

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 20 2012, 02:27 AM)
QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 20 2012, 02:19 AM)
Pleasantly surprised at all the Kate Bush worship around here. She is indeed awesome! trink39.gif

yeah and what sucks is no one in my area wants to check her out. they assume she's like, 80's pop like tiffany or debbie gibson.

i'm like omg you gotta hear kate bush but people just don't care

It's funny, I used to dj years ago and we played a ton of Kate- 1996 or so, I haven't even heard her name mentioned since then! Nice to see some people remember her.

have you heard her 2 newest albums?

12 years after the red shoes came out she released AERIAL which is one of her best records. and then last year she put out 50 WORDS FOR SNOW which is also great

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 20 2012, 12:31 AM)

12 years after the red shoes came out she released AERIAL which is one of her best records. and then last year she put out 50 WORDS FOR SNOW which is also great

Aerial is her best album* 1022.gif

QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 20 2012, 02:40 AM)

ooh, an unpopular opinion! I still gotta go with Hounds

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 20 2012, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (t2s @ Jun 20 2012, 02:40 AM)

ooh, an unpopular opinion! I still gotta go with Hounds

Sitting and watching the sun set while I listened to Aerial sealed the deal for me. Hounds if a close second though.