Aerosmith - another shite album on the way

treeduck

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 20 2012, 01:59 AM) QUOTE (Enemy Within 77 @ Jun 19 2012, 10:54 PM) QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 19 2012, 06:43 PM) I don't get all the praise that Joe Perry gets. Brad Whitford is a much better musician. It must be Perry's image.

goodpost.gif Joe Perry is one of the most overrated and shitty guitarists ever!!! This pathetic band needs to fukkin die already! 062802puke_prv.gif

Hahaha!! I totally agree with you guys!! Brad is a much better guitar player than Blow Jerry!! LOL!

John Lennon got all of the love in The Beatles when in reality George was a much better guitar player and song writer. JMO!!!!

Signed,

"Taxman"

I agree with you that Harrison was better than Lennon but did you know that Paul played the solo on Taxman? I was a bit disappointed when I found that out.

Holy Cow! I am sorry I missed your comment CFYYZ! I hope you still post here! Wow I miss metaldad and Enemy Within 77 too!! What fun we had!

To be honest back in 2012 I thought that Harrison laid down the guitar solo on "Taxman."

I was shocked to find out it was Paul. Then again how the hell can I be shocked. Paul is the MAN! So funny that right now I am listening to "Wingspan."

"JET!" is playing!

You can't go wrong with Wings!

Aerosmith is dead to me. Kramer had a heart condition. I hope he is health now but they cancelled here in my backyard! Slash was opening.

I was pissed but that's life.

I will not spend another dime on Aerosmith.

Same is true with Done With Mirrors. Great album. :finbar:

http://youtu.be/K3SAqGy8wGM

I really like Done With Mirrors. I remember when Permanent Vacation came out people were saying Angel was their best ballad since Dream On. I've always thought Angel was weak, and Darkness was fabulous.

I also really like My Fist Your Face from this one.

saw them a few months ago. They still brought it live and Tyler sounded great.

Saw them as well and agree.

Saw them in Sept. Great show and good setlist. I'll see them again next tour too.

I think it's kinda funny that I like Rock In A Hard Place and Done with Mirrors...

I think the last album of theirs I listened to was Pump. Took me a minute to remember the title of it.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, "Rock in a hard Place" is my favorite Aerosmith album. I know a couple of the original members aren't on it, but "Joanie's Butterfly" is one of their best.

I think it's kinda funny that I like Rock In A Hard Place and Done with Mirrors...

I think the last album of theirs I listened to was Pump. Took me a minute to remember the title of it.

Pump is the last good album they released.

I agree

Pump is the last good album they released.

I agree! "Pump" was it. I totally dig "Love In An Elevator." Some of Kramer's best drumming.

While "Rocks" certainly deserves the praise it gets, overall, I think Aerosmith is a very overrated band. Not saying they didn't produce some good rock and roll, just saying they do not rank among the all time greats, IMHO.
  • Like 2