Alex's Hentor Sportscaster

LerxstLuthier

I'm a big fan of the Bill Lawrence pickups. I recently put a 500L in my 80's Charvel, along with a mirror pickguard, (inspired by Alex's red Sportscaster). It sounds amazing.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn108/hetfieldinn/IMG_1787.jpg

• Like 1

If I get a Bill lawrence, will I need that switch?

No you don't need it...but it does come in handy when you want to switch from one pickup to another.

Rush CA Tour Trailer. At 1:20 There is a HENTOR in the background! Hope has arrived.
  • Like 1

Lerxst contacted me a few days ago to let me know that he's been recording (as a guest on somebody's album...can't tell you who it is because it hasn't been made public yet) and he has been using the Hentor! He was gushing praise about it, how it's never played or sounded better. I was walking on sunshine that day!
  • Like 6

am i the only one who thinks this is the most wasted opportunity ever to capture images of the hentor sportscaster?

3 images taken with no detail - and then all future images and photos are of the recreated guitar not the original.

:( d

am i the only one who thinks this is the most wasted opportunity ever to capture images of the hentor sportscaster?

3 images taken with no detail - and then all future images and photos are of the recreated guitar not the original.

Wasted opportunity? Surely you're joking!

I took hundreds of images of the Hentor and I logged every detail.

• Like 1

Lerxst contacted me a few days ago to let me know that he's been recording (as a guest on somebody's album...can't tell you who it is because it hasn't been made public yet) and he has been using the Hentor! He was gushing praise about it, how it's never played or sounded better. I was walking on sunshine that day!

That kicks ass! Congratulations.

• Like 1

Wow Freddy, how did I miss this! Congrats on the compliment from Lerxst. The replicas kick some serious ass, too, did Alex ever get to play one?

This is great news for all of us if we get to hear the Hentor in action again.

How the f**k do you intonate a Floyd Rose? My god, what a pain in the ass! My buddy brought over a Focus with one on it today. It needs some intonation something fierce.

How the f**k do you intonate a Floyd Rose? My god, what a pain in the ass! My buddy brought over a Focus with one on it today. It needs some intonation something fierce.

I hate Floyds with a passion. They're clunky, are a pain in the ass to set up and intonate, and they're clunky.

• Like 1

It would make WAY more sense for what is the string locking "screw" to be an intonation screw while locking the string from the other side when the string is slack rather than the other way around, there Floyd. Even the ones on the Al-Lester's are like this. Bad design.

Of course YOU'D know about that....

So that helps to slide the rolling saddle back and forth while the string is tensioned? Does it work like Strat style bridge screw with a spring? I am guessing that you attach the key, loosen the Allen screw under the string then use the screw on the key the arrive at the correct length then re-tighten the Allen screw under the string.

Do the Floyd's come with these? If not they should!

Wasted opportunity? Surely you're joking!

I took hundreds of images of the Hentor and I logged every detail.

Any chance of posting a few more I guess was his question, perhaps of the underneath the pick guard, routing, confirm serial numbers, etc.

I routed and wired my own a few years ago, it not like there would be any huge secret of how it is wired, etc....more of just a curiosity (how much wood was cut underneath, serial numbers tags maybe?, did we confirm it was a 73?). I think we all thought it was a 76 or 77 until we saw that backplate image you posted.

I also wonder why he played the black strat more that the white one (on GUP tour and video). I get why the red was 3rd since it had the fender neck radius that doesn't jive with the Floyd as well as a flatter radius neck. This is the issue I have with mine.

A simple tool called "the key" gets the job done easily.

http://www.stewmac.com/product_images/1lg/0022/The_Key_sm.jpg

Just got one of these in the mail and intonated my Epiphone Pro fx in no time. Sooooooooo worth it. :dweez:

• Like 1

have only just clicked this thread (afraid that i haven't been here for a while).AWESOME! is all i can say :dweez: :drool:

am slightly (well very) short of funds (as i bought a new guitar/amp/effects pedal in december after i had a bit of good luck).if i did have the money though,i would be giving you a call pronto :sundog:

Hey I had an idea as to what guitar replica of some sort you could do next. It would be so cool if you did a replica of Alex's Black and Orange PRS he used for Time Stand Still.

PRS+05.PNG

That one, with the Evans/Signature Pickup in the Bridge, and a Seymour duncan in the neck.

I might take this on...

Edited by TFEman