07 - Best Song From Permanent Waves

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

Hey everyone, im pretty new here. this is probably my favorite Rush album, maybe tied with Signals. But the best song in my opinion on PW is definently Jacob's Ladder. If not for any other reason, the time signatures will mess with your mind!!!! fists crying.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Oct 17 2004, 09:48 PM)
Flawless album. Not a bad note from start to end. Natural Science takes it though. Freewill's solo section is a close second. 2.gif

Nothing more to add here. Natural Science (especially over the past year or so) has become solidified as one of my all time favorite Rush songs. It just gets better and better and better to listen to.

Freewill.

Great album, top to bottom. But Freewill is and will probly remain my favorite anthem of all time, from Rush or anyone else.

This is the song I'll scream at the top of my lung in the car and my wife asks, "what happened to your voice honey?" when I get home.

This is the hardest record to vote my fav song on (permanently in my top three and yes, the pun was intended laugh.gif ) so as a result, I have waited with my vote until today... But now that I think about it; which is the one song I would save if I were never again allowed to hear but one track from this album?

Natural Science, of course.

Boy am I happy the question I set to myself is only a hypothetical one, though! Imagine a life without The Spirit Of Radio, Jacob's Ladder, Freewill...no can do!!

My personal favourite album, Spirit of Radio just one of the best tunes of all time.

Love different strings, very simple but deep lyrics and amazin guitar at end.

Freewill, Jacobs Ladder and NS are classics! 2.gif Entre Nous pretty good too!! biggrin.gif

Freewill for the bass solo..and the broken tv squashed taurus pedal...and Peart like some piston engine...and the duelling guitar phrase...but then entre nous is brilliant, and natural science...ah damn the whole album...I mean diddely dlddloo...spirit of radio...aaaagh jacobs ladder!! all of it all of it...I can't decide!! help...don't get me started on moving pictures the two have to be swallowed in one sitting...thatt's what I think anyway