07 - Best Song From Permanent Waves

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1297 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

Love em all, but have been very partial to Different Strings lately. I just wish it was a little longer...seems like it needs another verse to me.

I love that N.S. is winning. So I have a good story about that song. Perhaps 10 years ago I paid MONEY for Rush bootlegs for the first and last time. One was a craptacular copy of the second (December) 1974 Cleveland show; the other was one of those 8 zillion releases of the '80 Kiel Auditorium (St. Louis) show that was radio-broadcast, and that one I bought because - and this was VERY shortly before VT came out - I thought I would never hear my favorite song at that time, Natural Science, live. wacko.gif Now of course I have seen it performed 3 times. I always think I'll tell Ged that story if I meet him, because he once said of bootleg selling before you could free-download them easily, "I hate it. I think it is evil. I think it is theft."

Great album. So hard to choose but I must go with Natural Science. It is such a perfect Prog rock song: different times and movements with great lyrics... I could listen to it over and over -- wait! I HAVE listened to it over and over! laugh.gif