Editing Posts

Majestyk

I don't know where to post this as this site doesn't seem to have a forum for site issues.

But anyway, it would be nice to be able to make quick edits to posts without the "This post has been edited by....." I mean if I forget to put a period in a sentence, I'm going to have this shown under my post. Seems unnecessary.

I agree.

goodpost.gif

.....sometimes under the 4-8 letter and 8-12 letter words.....I put my word and forget to tell the next person how many letters to use......i have to edit the whole thing for one number!

QUOTE (Majestyk @ Jun 10 2012, 11:25 AM)
I don't know where to post this as this site doesn't seem to have a forum for site issues.

But anyway, it would be nice to be able to make quick edits to posts without the "This post has been edited by....." I mean if I forget to put a period in a sentence, I'm going to have this shown under my post. Seems unnecessary.

Trust me, people don't care if they see that "Edited by" notice under your posts. Most people don't even notice it because they see it so often. YOU know it was edited because you added a period, but no one else does.

It's necessary to have it because in heavy conversations where people are quoting you, if you change a vital piece of info in your post, people need to know that.

I've been known to edit a post due to what I've put in it, kind of like: I don't think that looks right.

And on that subject, there's no way of editing a comment on FB.

:bump:

So I went to a post to edit it and I am not seeing the edit option. Is there some kind of time limit on editing posts?

Yes, 12 hours.

Ok. I quoted someone's post, which they deleted a short time later, so I was hoping to delete that part of my post. I didn't realize there was a time limit, otherwise I would have gotten to it quicker. Thanks.

So I went to a post to edit it and I am not seeing the edit option. Is there some kind of time limit on editing posts?

Yes, 12 hours.

Ok. I quoted someone's post, which they deleted a short time later, so I was hoping to delete that part of my post. I didn't realize there was a time limit, otherwise I would have gotten to it quicker. Thanks.

Tell me which post it is.

Yes, 12 hours.

The time limit must've been extended - I could've sworn it was about 6 hours.

I've been known to edit a post due to what I've put in it, kind of like: I don't think <i>that</i> looks right.

And on that subject, there's no way of editing a comment on FB.

Following that last comment about FB, seems there is.

Yes, 12 hours.

Tell me which post it is.

It's in the "Big Spoiler in TO" thread. I added a clip of the Debbie Downer theme song under that quote that was removed. If you can just remove that quote I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes, 12 hours.

Why not let people have the possibility to edit their posts indefinitely ? I'm not complaining btw, I'm just wondering why there's a time limit.

• Like 2

I also think that there should be a "delete post" option for a 12-hour period as well.

I like the temporary edit option. And now I know how long it's valid for!

I think the edit time should be extended I am always having to edit things one way or another because I do not have enough sense to preview the post before I post or I realize after I could've worded things more eloquently or add something me peabrain forgot to add. So I guess my question is why is there a time limit for the edit feature at all?

Please be gentile

:notworthy: :fuckwithadmin: :notworthy:

Edit; see what I mean :LOL:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory