CA in the charts

Alexmai

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fanpack is Number 3 on the pre-orders chart on play.com, amazing!

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/6-/PreOrderChart.html

I didn't think CA would chart well in the UK due to the staggered release, but it seems the fanpack may have sold enough for it to get a respectable position on the official chart.

Album sales are very poor in the UK at the moment, only approx 13,000 needed for Number 1... just sayin' 2.gif

Edited by Unobtrusive Companion

Why does it matter? Their albums dont sell more than 500k copies anyway so it shouldnt matter to us how much it sells. I doubt the band even really cares all that much. It's been a long time since they sold a lot of albums.

QUOTE (trenken @ May 30 2012, 06:21 AM)
Why does it matter? Their albums dont sell more than 500k copies anyway so it shouldnt matter to us how much it sells. I doubt the band even really cares all that much. It's been a long time since they sold a lot of albums.

It's been a long time since any rock band sold a lot of records I think.

You can't compare eras in this downloading age. Somebody needs to come up with a formula or something. I think about 300,000 units sold is about equal to the old platinum.(1 million) confused13.gif

Edited by presto123

A believable source on Counterparts forum wrote:

"Rolling Stone is heavily rumored to be ready to print a 4 1/2 star review of Clockwork Angels and a Rush feature shortly. Personally I could give 2 shits what RS has to say or review but this would be their highest rating of any Rush album in their history. I know a few journos over there and they say it is likely that RS will be streaming Clockwork Angels by next weekend. They have done this for other artists in the past as well. "

I think the charts will be good for Rush trink39.gif

QUOTE (Alexmai @ Jun 1 2012, 03:58 AM)
A believable source on Counterparts forum wrote:

"Rolling Stone is heavily rumored to be ready to print a 4 1/2 star review of Clockwork Angels and a Rush feature shortly. Personally I could give 2 shits what RS has to say or review but this would be their highest rating of any Rush album in their history. I know a few journos over there and they say it is likely that RS will be streaming Clockwork Angels by next weekend. They have done this for other artists in the past as well. "

I think the charts will be good for Rush trink39.gif

I don't think RS gave Rush a good review until Power Windows came out. I remember buying the RS issue right after I purchased PoW and about fainted when I read the positive review.

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ May 30 2012, 03:55 AM)
The fanpack is Number 3 on the pre-orders chart on play.com, amazing!
http://www.play.com/Music/CD/6-/PreOrderChart.html

I didn't think CA would chart well in the UK due to the staggered release, but it seems the fanpack may have sold enough for it to get a respectable position on the official chart.

Album sales are very poor in the UK at the moment, only approx 13,000 needed for Number 1... just sayin' 2.gif

# 2 laugh.gif