• Please log in to reply
274 replies to this topic

#261 CantStopThinkingBig

CantStopThinkingBig

The Seeker

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I stand for like the first 3 songs, then I sit down. Sitting down doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the band any less, it means my legs are tired.

Sponsored Post

#262 Cygnus 2112

Cygnus 2112

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4651 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

I've got tickets to the show in Edmonton second tier row 29 of 40 two sections over from the stage and I'm gonna be standing the whole time. I saw Deep Purple back in February and I was in Row 5 on the floor.  My dad and I stood up for the first two songs and then sat down because absolutely nobody was standing.  When they started their encore with Woman From Tokyo I turned to my dad and said F*** this.  I then asked the woman in front of me to move over a little.  I climbed to the front row and rocked out for Woman From Tokyo, Hush and Smoke On The Water.

Edited by billybobjoe1881, 26 June 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#263 DistantEarlyRushFan

DistantEarlyRushFan

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • Interests:RUSH \M/

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

Saw them in VA Beach in '07 and we were standing up and rocking out..air drumming, air bass slapping, etc.

Some geezers behind us who were sitting down yelled at us to sit with a grimace on their faces. My friends and I just stared back at them with the same disgusted face and basically gave them a big "f**k you, we will not sit"

it's a goddamned rock concert for crying out loud

#264 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

i'll stand once in a while or if someone in front of me is standing but if the peraon in front of me is sitting i will be sitting. trink38.gif  

#265 beherit

beherit

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (DistantEarlyRushFan @ Jun 27 2012, 06:29 PM)
Saw them in VA Beach in '07 and we were standing up and rocking out..air drumming, air bass slapping, etc.

Some geezers behind us who were sitting down yelled at us to sit with a grimace on their faces. My friends and I just stared back at them with the same disgusted face and basically gave them a big "f**k you, we will not sit"

it's a goddamned rock concert for crying out loud

1022.gif  

#266 Godeater2112

Godeater2112

Th..th..THAT'S ITâ„¢ folks!!!

• Members
  • 11536 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Yefa @ Jun 24 2012, 09:05 PM)
People behind us yelled for us to sit down.  A guy right behind me got more & more abusive, telling me that his wife stands all day at work.  I responded that I did too (was true back then).  This couple was younger than me and not physically disabled at all.  I sat for the 2nd set & encore as the only way I could have shut this asshole up was to hit him in the face.  I turned around when the show was over & they were already gone.

Sorry that anyone has to deal with assholes like this.

I'm so mad that from this day forward, for every asshole that asks me to sit down at a rock concert? I will convince two other in front of them to stand up.

1287.gif  

#267 Steel Rat

Steel Rat

Watch him choose his own direction

• Members *
  • 2965 posts
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, Computer science, Theoretical science, Quantum Physics, any creative innovation that leads to fun, Music composition, music performance, rats and spiders.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I couldn't help it. My friends and I were kept getting told (politely) to sit down, and we just wouldn't listen. We'd comply, apologize, but give it two minutes and we were back to jumping and screaming. tongue.gif I feel bad about it, but it was our first Rush concert, we paid 100 bucks to be there, and well, just the fact that we couldn't BARE to sit down, we were simply forced out of our seats from the awesome. I'm sorry for anyone who likes to sit at a rock concert but AAHHHHHH! Me sitting is just not going to happen.  

#268 rushbabe

rushbabe

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Interests:All things music....

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 31 2012, 02:39 AM)
There are few things more irritating when youre at a show and some killjoy behind you keeps yelling to sit down.  Total load of bullshit.

I totally agree...this happened to me at the TMT show in Greensboro. Total BS

#269 dayglow76

dayglow76

The Seeker

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Better hope you never sit behind me. I stand up and rock out all night till it's over. and if you f**k with me about it ,it won't be pretty. I don't spend that kind of money to sit,that's called flying,we came to rock.

#270 got rush?

got rush?

The Seeker

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Anything that involves RUSH ON TOUR.
    Saving all year just to buy RUSH TIXS.
    Wearing RUSH caps, shirts and other RUSH SWAG.
    Maybe win M&G again but actually get to meet them. Lol lol

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (dayglow76 @ Sep 10 2012, 01:57 AM)
Better hope you never sit behind me. I stand up and rock out all night till it's over. and if you f**k with me about it ,it won't be pretty. I don't spend that kind of money to sit,that's called flying,we came to rock.

I totally agree. It is like "flying".
This is first tour that we are not on the floor for some
venues. I just better not have any problems.
My wife will use her visual aid cane and it won't
Be pretty! oops.gif  

#271 analogkid72

analogkid72

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

I understand this Rush and some of the fans may be a little "up in years" but it's a ROCK concert.  I have as much right to stand as you do to ask me to sit down.  I don't have to listen, but you can ask.  My seat, my choice. And this is not only a Rush thing.  Even at the younger band shows people are constantly bitching about people standing.  

#272 RMR

RMR

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Haven't had a problem with standing since the Vapor Trails Tour. We were the only people in our section standing (call it rude), but our section was the only section not standing. Eventually a hard core Rush fan behind us demanded that we sit. In between songs, he told us that he had been seeing Rush since the 70's and wanted to enjoy the show without us standing. My response was... "When You saw Rush in the 70's did you sit or stand?" He knew I was right, but it made him mad, and he ultimately got an usher that made us sit. So, we retreated to the field, so we could stand at will and not be bothered.  

#273 bootlegguy

bootlegguy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

Sitting at a rock show causes me incredible anger.   I mean nowadays I may actually sit down for a few minutes here and there if there is some mellow songs but normally on my feet rocking out.  I have pissed off a lot of people over the years.  I figure if your going to sit down you might as well stay home and watch TV.
Now if we could do something about every 3rd person holding up their iPhone the whole show.

#274 drbirdsong

drbirdsong

Bubba Fett

• Members *
  • 4332 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (bootlegguy @ Sep 10 2012, 08:58 AM)

Now if we could do something about every 3rd person holding up their iPhone the whole show.

If you could sneak a paintball gun in that would shake things up a bit, but then we wouldn't get all the youtube videos with the *excellent* sound.

#275 GernTheFish

GernTheFish

The Seeker

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jun 28 2012, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Yefa @ Jun 24 2012, 09:05 PM)
People behind us yelled for us to sit down.  A guy right behind me got more & more abusive, telling me that his wife stands all day at work.  I responded that I did too (was true back then).  This couple was younger than me and not physically disabled at all.  I sat for the 2nd set & encore as the only way I could have shut this asshole up was to hit him in the face.  I turned around when the show was over & they were already gone.

Sorry that anyone has to deal with assholes like this.

I'm so mad that from this day forward, for every asshole that asks me to sit down at a rock concert? I will convince two other in front of them to stand up.

1287.gif

Ok, I'm going to get blasted for this.  Here goes anyway...

I like to stand, but I can actually empathize with the "sitters".  They pay money to get in the show too, and should be able to see from their seats.  The problem for them is that it's sometimes tough to see over/around people standing, especially if the "standers" in front are tall and/or the folks behind are short (in their case, standing often doesn't do any good).  So the folks behind insensitive, tall "standers" often get screwed.  For this reason, I try to limit my standing.  I stand at the very beginning of the show, beginning of a fav song (briefly) or if folks in front of me are standing and I can't see.  Otherwise, if I have a clear view, I sit and let folks behind me have a clear view.  It's a common courtesy, you know, like saying "please" and "thank you", and not farting out loud in church.

If folks can't see from the seats they paid good money for due to idiots who never sit down (because it's all about them), they have every right to get help from venue security.

There...I said it.

Edited by GernTheFish, 10 September 2012 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users