SIT DOWN, YOUR IN THE WAY !!!

got rush?

Cell phone cameras are a nuisance.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Dream Theater twice last fall, in NY and NJ. At the NJ show I had floor seats and of course we stood the whole time, not a problem for me as I'm a sprightly guy and I knew what I was in for.

At the NY show (the following night) I was in the balcony, and everyone up there was under unspoken agreement that, though the floor folks might be on their feet, we were gonna sit and relax and enjoy some ridiculous prog metal at our leisure -- EXCEPT for one dude, who was easily 6'6" and in the second row, and of course directly in my field of vision. facepalm.gif He remained seemingly oblivious to the triangular swath of annoyed folks standing behind him (in a sea of otherwise seated concertgoers) and didn't even sit down during the acoustic "break"!

Now, say what you will about audience participation, but when you're the only one standing except for the people whose view you're blocking, you can puzzle out the correct response.

QUOTE (Todem @ Jun 8 2012, 02:15 PM)

Agree and disagree.

I will never...ever sit at a Rush concert.

Ever.

As far as the i-phone/cell thing. It is insane. I can't take this crap anymore.

True story. I took my wife to Roger Waters last year for The Wall. We had 10th row. We were stoked. We love Floyd (yeah I know not the same) and she had never seen any iteration of Floyd ever. Show begins...man with his two 20 something daughters in front of us proceeds to hold his phone up right when the lights dropped. Through the first song...through the second song.

That was it. No way I paid 300 a ticket to have some 50 something year old putz hold his f***ing i-phone up over his head blocking my wifes view all night.

I bent over into his ear and said "Listen buddy could you please put your phone down?" You are blocking my wifes line of sight and we are trying to enjoy the moment...not relive it on facebook with crappy video.

He put's it down.

Not 15 minutes later....back up it goes for another song. At that point I bent over and whispered in his ear that if he did not put that f***ing phone down not only would I call security over but I will shove it right up your ass before they get here.

Phone went down for the remainder of the show.

Now phones? That is an invasion and obstruction.

Not people.

goodpost.gif

I had a 6th row seat pretty much ruined by one of those a-holes at one of the Rush shows I went to last tour. Never again! I WILL confront anyone that does this in front of me from now on.

I agree with the whole cell phone camera issue. It's getting worse with each year. My wish/hope is that eventually everyone will come to the understanding that if you're going to use your camera (especially for extended video recordings) at an event where there are tons of people behind you, you MUST keep it at YOUR eye level*...and if your recording view is obstructed, move or let it go. If you absolutely must hold it above your head, it can only be long enough to snap a single photo and that's it.

The primary function of every ticket buyer is to watch (and enjoy) the show**, not record it.

*- I wonder if signs can be placed in strategic areas asking people for this courtesy...along with messages in various ways (printed on the tickets, shown on the video screen before the show, etc). The word needs to get out that this behavior is getting out of hand.

**- well, that, and maybe get a little buzzed. trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 29 2012, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 29 2012, 05:43 PM)
Personally, I enjoy sitting down, relaxing, and taking in the music, rather than jumping around and flailing my arms like an asshole. smile.gif

Thank You goodpost.gif

I've never heard an Iron Maiden fan agree with this. I'm seeing Iron Maiden front row two nights in a row, I'm gonna be rocking the f**k out all night!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 30 2012, 01:52 PM)
^------ screw that. Everyone else is probably a shy loser too scared to being the only one standing up... cowering... hoping... praying that someone else will show some signs of fun so that they can join in.

People want to sit? Sit. People want to stand? Stand. Yes even it there are 10 thousand people and you are the one doing it. Either way it's your choice but don't bitch if other people are standing up.

It's a goddamn rock concert not a John Tesh show. If you can't handle the VERY LIKELY possibility that at a rock show the person in front of you is going to stand and enjoy the show?

Do everyone a favor and stay the f**k home.

I noticed the cleveland DVD people sitting for BU2B that's a heavy f***ing song, I'm standing for every song I like. It's a rock show not a church service.

I cannot stand it that people are so RUDE to stand throughout a concert, no matter where they are sitting in the venue. Smaller people cannot see when people stand up. I have been to concerts where I am almost standing on my toes to see anything. Standing ought to be outlawed. Sit down or be thrown out!

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 17 2012, 10:47 PM)
I cannot stand it that people are so RUDE to stand throughout a concert, no matter where they are sitting in the venue. Smaller people cannot see when people stand up. I have been to concerts where I am almost standing on my toes to see anything. Standing ought to be outlawed. Sit down or be thrown out!

Stand on your seat

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jun 17 2012, 11:47 PM)

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 17 2012, 10:20 PM)
You've not been to a Tull show in the last 10 years..
Been there seen that and they had signs that said no standing during the show..

No offence...but that's completely idiotic.

Might as well put up a sign saying, "No FUN allowed!"

Conform or be cast out?

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Jun 18 2012, 03:39 PM)

Conform or be cast out?

haha i already made that joke earlier in the thread