Past Concerts

Pratt Boy

What bands or acts did you miss that you wish you seen.

Either you were too young, not born yet or just did not go.

I finally saw RUSH, so I can scratch them off my list.

I wish I had seen Led Zeppelin, Cream and Pink Floyd.

Led Zeppelin - Too young (just)

Rush - Only got back into them last October and am I back into them!

Paul Weller - Because I am stupid.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Played Manchester about 3 years ago only 8 miles from where I live. I am stupid.

fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif fists crying.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 9 2005, 05:25 PM)
Led Zeppelin

The Who

Chicago with "Terry Kath" cool.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Terry Kath..isn't that the dude who shot himself thinking the gun wasn't loaded??

For me...

The Who in early 70's

Pink Floyd in 70's

Jimi Hendrix

Led Zeppelin

2.gif before 2002 (my first time was VT tour)

Black Sabbath in their heyday (when Ozzy was somewhat semi-sober)

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 9 2005, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 9 2005, 05:25 PM)
Led Zeppelin

The Who

Chicago with "Terry Kath"  cool.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Terry Kath..isn't that the dude who shot himself thinking the gun wasn't loaded??

For me...

The Who in early 70's

Pink Floyd in 70's

Jimi Hendrix

Led Zeppelin

2.gif before 2002 (my first time was VT tour)

Black Sabbath in their heyday (when Ozzy was somewhat semi-sober)

Yes it was and he was a "great guitar player" just coming into his own. Jimi Hendrix said he was a better guitar than himself. They were thinking of doing some music together and Kath was just about to do some solo stuff in the studio I believe the day after his death. Plus he was a "great singer" yes.gif ROCK ON TERRY new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

I saw Pink Flyod on their last tour for "The division Bell". What an evening. biggrin.gif

But I would love to have a chance to see those bands live:

Queen

Fields of the Nephilim (before their split in 91)

Helmet (before the split)

Helloween (on the Keepers Tours)

Theatre of Tragedy (with Liv Kristine)

Concerts I wish I saw huh?

Well I've seen just about every band that I have ever wanted to, except:

*The Beatles

*Jimi Hendrix

*Elvis

That's really all there is. I've been lucky enough to see all my favorite bands at some time during my life.

Just an example:

Rush=26 times

Floyd=12 times

Van Halen=10 times

The Who=10 times

The Dead=16 times

The Stones=8 times

and...about 500 other groups. 754 concerts in all. It's a trick how I was still able to play gigs 4-5 nights a week! (saw most of my shows when I was between 15-24 yrs old)

Live rock concerts, today, are a thing of beauty!

Support Local Music!!!!!!!! 653.gif

I remember me and my friends ordering tickets by mail for LED ZEPPELIN fifteen dollars or around that amount . Alot of money back then, IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR TOUR 79. Of course never happened. R.I.P. John Bonham Would of liked to seen Waters with Floyd ANIMALS tour.(Seen PINK FLOYD ORCHESTRA . A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON ) Old Cleveland stadium good show still wish to have seen Roger Waters era FLOYD !

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 10 2005, 07:13 AM)
Concerts I wish I saw huh?

Well I've seen just about every band that I have ever wanted to, except:
*The Beatles
*Jimi Hendrix
*Elvis

That's really all there is. I've been lucky enough to see all my favorite bands at some time during my life.

Just an example:

Rush=26 times
Floyd=12 times
Van Halen=10 times
The Who=10 times
The Dead=16 times
The Stones=8 times

and...about 500 other groups. 754 concerts in all. It's a trick how I was still able to play gigs 4-5 nights a week! (saw most of my shows when I was between 15-24 yrs old)

Live rock concerts, today, are a thing of beauty!

Support Local Music!!!!!!!! 653.gif

While I've been lucky over the years, my feelings towards you Mike are oscillating between open-mouthed admiration and pathological jealousy.

I've seen Queen with Freddie, Floyd (without Roger, unfortunately), U2 several times (including a local college gig in 1980 before Boy was released), and last year, finally, Rush.

Of bands still on the road, the only one I haven't seen that I'd like to have done is funnily enough AC/DC. The rumour was they were playing Slane Castle this year, but instead it's a rap fest with Eminem, 50 Cent, Obie Trice and a cast of thousands sad.gif

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Jun 10 2005, 01:13 AM)
Just an example:

Rush=26 times
Floyd=12 times
Van Halen=10 times
The Who=10 times
The Dead=16 times
The Stones=8 times

Damn Launchpad, are these concerts ones that came to town or did you travel to see them.

Pratt-----I LOVE your AVATAR

That is my favourite Bugs Bunny episode!

I know it by heart laugh.gif (had way too much time on my hand when I was married)

Following at a close 2nd is the one with the Hatfields and McCoys when Bugs makes them square dance! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

edit for poor grammar - wacko.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 10 2005, 08:27 AM)

I know it by heart laugh.gif (had way too much time on my hand when I was married)

Sometimes I can't get that song out of my head.

It's hard to find Loony Toons classic cartoons these days.

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jun 10 2005, 06:36 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 10 2005, 08:27 AM)

I know it by heart  laugh.gif (had way too much time on my hand when I was married)

Sometimes I can't get that song out of my head.

It's hard to find Loony Toons classic cartoons these days.

The cartoon network Boomerang show has them on quite regularly.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 10 2005, 09:07 AM)
I had the chance to see Stevie Ray Vaughn the summer of 1990. I had to work and missed it. Two months later he was killed in a hellicopter crash. My heart still hurts from missing that concert.

rose.gif SRV

I was going to that 1990 concert here in Houston, too. But I did not go because he was opening up for Joe Cocker, who I was not to thrilled about.

I did see him twice before.

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jun 10 2005, 09:44 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 10 2005, 09:07 AM)
I had the chance to see Stevie Ray Vaughn the summer of 1990. I had to work and missed it. Two months later he was killed in a hellicopter crash. My heart still hurts from missing that concert.

rose.gif SRV

I was going to that 1990 concert here in Houston, too. But I did not go because he was opening up for Joe Cocker, who I was not to thrilled about.

I did see him twice before.

Man, you're lucky to have seen him. I hear he was amazing to watch live, a real instinctive and emotional player. He will always be #1 on my list of the best ever.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 10 2005, 09:56 AM)
Man, you're lucky to have seen him. I hear he was amazing to watch live, a real instinctive and emotional player. He will always be #1 on my list of the best ever.

You have got that right.

When I first saw him (1987), I was into metal at the time. (Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc.) My friends had a extra ticket and asked me to go. I had never heard of him before, but I said "What the hell, a concert is a concert."

The next day I bought his albums and was into the blues. He could literally put goose bumps on your arms when he played live.

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Jun 10 2005, 10:14 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 10 2005, 09:56 AM)
Man, you're lucky to have seen him.  I hear he was amazing to watch live, a real instinctive and emotional player. He will always be #1 on my list of the best ever.

You have got that right.

When I first saw him (1987), I was into metal at the time. (Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, etc.) My friends had a extra ticket and asked me to go. I had never heard of him before, but I said "What the hell, a concert is a concert."

The next day I bought his albums and was into the blues. He could literally put goose bumps on your arms when he played live.

yes.gif

smile.gif

Archived