The Truth about Subway?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wacko.gif

What the hell is wrong with Subway?!?

Man...they must stink in the States, because the Subway's I've been to here in Canada are great.

I don't eat out often, and I almost never eat any fast food, but if I eat any 'fast food', it's always Subs.

Make note: Never go to Subway in the USA.

There's nothing really that wrong with Subway. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being McDonalds and 10 being your own organically grown home cooked meals, Subway probably ranks a 6. It's not great, but it's probably the best of the "fast food" category.

Maybe it's just the ones I've been too, but the quality of Subway's I've eaten at is pretty low.

Comparing Subway to Quizno's or Firehouse Subs is like comparing Bieber to Rush.

It's not quite as bad as faux Phelps suggests, but it's not much better.

The bread especially is the opposite of fresh, the workers must take it as a challenge to keep it as flat and compressed as possible, the meat is of very low quality, and the marinara sauce almost made my son puke.

Having said that, their pizzas aren't horrible. though they're not great...they're the best thing on the menu there.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 28 2012, 10:37 AM)
wacko.gif

Man...they must stink in the States, because the Subway's I've been to here in Canada are great.

I don't eat out often, and I almost never eat any fast food, but if I eat any 'fast food', it's always Subs.

I think each one is a bit different and quality can be affected greatly by the employees since there is not a lot of supervision. Interesting that there are complaints about the bread since it baked in the restaurant every day, not shipped in.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 28 2012, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 28 2012, 10:37 AM)
wacko.gif

I think each one is a bit different and quality can be affected greatly by the employees since there is not a lot of supervision. Interesting that there are complaints about the bread since it baked in the restaurant every day, not shipped in.

Agreed. There is one near my old house in Florida where the employees made sure that everything was always fresh. They rotated the vegetables out frequently, everything was always spotlessly clean, and they always seemed to know exactly how much bread they'd need because they never had a lot just sitting around. The sandwiches were *really* good there.

On the other hand, there was a Subway located in a truck stop in Santa Rosa, New Mexico (we used to stop there on trips to visit in-laws in Portales when we lived in Albuquerque). Nothing was ever fresh, everything was dirty, and we only ever ate there one time. After that, we'd check to see if they had cleaned it up any (they never did), then get some packaged snacks - chips or whatever - and get back on the road.

I never cared for Subway. Could be that I became sick after eating one of their sandwiches, but their sandwiches lack flavor.

I usually eat sandwiches from independently owned delis.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 28 2012, 10:57 AM)
Comparing Subway to Quizno's or Firehouse Subs is like comparing Bieber to Rush.

laugh.gif So true. Quizno's is 1000x better than Subway. Never heard of Firehouse Subs, though....

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 28 2012, 01:07 PM)

laugh.gif So true. Quizno's is 1000x better than Subway. Never heard of Firehouse Subs, though....

We had a Firehouse Subs in Cary, NC where i was living. Not half bad.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 28 2012, 02:25 PM)

Firehouse is good, but Lenny's is better. But my favorite is Hungry Bear in Miami, Fl

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 28 2012, 10:26 AM)

Firehouse is good, but Lenny's is better. But my favorite is Hungry Bear in Miami, Fl

Are any of those places also in Tampa or Fort Lauderdale? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ May 28 2012, 02:09 PM)

There are five Firehouse locations in the Tampa area and eight near Ft. Lauderdale.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ May 28 2012, 12:16 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 28 2012, 02:09 PM)

There are five Firehouse locations in the Tampa area and eight near Ft. Lauderdale.

Thanks,

Going to be in Florida for the 2.gif Concert! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif

Are you going to be in Ft Lauderdale? If so, hit Laspadas. It's in Davie, just outside Ft Lauderdale, right across from the Miami Dolphins training facility. But that might be out of your way just for a sub.

QUOTE (troutman @ May 28 2012, 04:09 PM)

If you want a great sandwich while you're in Tampa I have to suggest Brocato's sandwich shop not too far away from the amphitheater. Just off of I-4 and 50th street. Place has been there since the 50s. Typically at lunch you may have to wait 20-30 minutes to get your food since the place is slammed. Their specialty is the Cuban. Also try Devil Crab or papas rellenos.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 28 2012, 04:28 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ May 28 2012, 04:09 PM)

If you want a great sandwich while you're in Tampa I have to suggest Brocato's sandwich shop not too far away from the amphitheater. Just off of I-4 and 50th street. Place has been there since the 50s. Typically at lunch you may have to wait 20-30 minutes to get your food since the place is slammed. Their specialty is the Cuban. Also try Devil Crab or papas rellenos.

Sweeeeet!,

I love those older places. I will hit that place up for sure. Thanks for the info. 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 28 2012, 04:25 PM)
Are you going to be in Ft Lauderdale?  If so, hit Laspadas.  It's in Davie, just outside Ft Lauderdale, right across from the Miami Dolphins training facility.  But that might be out of your way just for a sub.

Yes,

We are flying in to Fort Lauderdale a couple of day's before the concert. I will keep it in mind. Thanks. 2.gif trink39.gif