• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Rush!!!!
    Astronomy!!!!
    Darts.
    Nature.
    Women. : )

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

Nocturne, if they could produce it live the way it sounds on the album.  

Also Vapor trails, I don't think it's going to happen though, kind of like I don't think Afterimage is going to happen,  they both hold too much past emotion if I'm not mistaken.

Sponsored Post

#82 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 10484 posts
  • Interests:Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock/Grunge, Metal, Classic Video Games, Playing Bass Guitar

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

There are some songs that just wouldn't sound right live.

A lot of people of want Different Strings, Losing It, and Available Light, but those songs wouldn't fit in live because of their slow style. I don't see any of the 3 getting played. Rivendell, Madrigal, Tai Shan, Heresy, The Stars Look Down wouldn't fit well live either, but those really aren't popular enough to be pulled out of the vault several years later like they did with Entre Nous, Presto, and Between Sun and Moon anyway. Cut To The Chase and Bravest Face may have a shot, though.

Edited by Super25Smasher, 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#83 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3925 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:21 AM

I'd love to hear Second Nature.  Didn't they rehearse it for R30 and drop it or something?

#84 bordercollie

bordercollie

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 651 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostDisk98, on 03 March 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

I'd love to hear Second Nature.  Didn't they rehearse it for R30 and drop it or something?

They rehearsed an acoustic version.

#85 BlairC45

BlairC45

The Seeker

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • Interests:Music, Biography (Artist/Bands) Books, Photography

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostDisk98, on 03 March 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Was just listening to that song today and thought it be a good song to play live?

#86 sethadam1

sethadam1

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

Just bumping this thread to remind everyone that they DID play Losing It live, and it was spectacular.

#87 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:31 PM

I honestly think Losing It is quite a bit overrated myself. It was awesome to see a song that had never been played live, but I would rather have seen Lessons, Cut to the Chase, The Fountain of Lamneth, or Before and After. I'm not complaining though. All in all this was one of the best set lists ever. :haz:

#88 Xanadu

Xanadu

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1703 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostSuper25Smasher, on 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

A lot of people of want Different Strings, Losing It, and Available Light, but those songs wouldn't fit in live because of their slow style. I don't see any of the 3 getting played. Rivendell, Madrigal, Tai Shan, Heresy, The Stars Look Down wouldn't fit well live either, but those really aren't popular enough to be pulled out of the vault several years later like they did with Entre Nous, Presto, and Between Sun and Moon anyway. Cut To The Chase and Bravest Face may have a shot, though.

"Losing It" turned out to be great on the R40 tour. Not so sure we'd ever hear it live again though, assuming there will ever be any future tour dates.

#89 Super25Smasher

Super25Smasher

The Oracle

• Members *
  • 10484 posts
  • Interests:Classic Rock, Punk Rock, Alternative Rock/Grunge, Metal, Classic Video Games, Playing Bass Guitar

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostXanadu, on 31 August 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

View PostSuper25Smasher, on 03 March 2015 - 11:08 AM, said:

"Losing It" turned out to be great on the R40 tour. Not so sure we'd ever hear it live again though, assuming there will ever be any future tour dates.
I loved seeing it in NYC. I just didn't think it would happen.

#90 garyg7133

garyg7133

The Seeker

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:34 AM

Was lucky enough to get Losing It AND How It Is in the same set. Kick assery right there.

#91 Disk98

Disk98

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3925 posts
  • Interests:New York Yankees
     electronics
    bass guitar
    piano

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

View Postgaryg7133, on 12 September 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

Was lucky enough to get Losing It AND How It Is in the same set. Kick assery right there.
Me, too!  :yes:

#92 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hey they gave us The Camera Eye, Jacobs Ladder, Xanadu and even Losing it this Tour. Best Tour ever :finbar: !

Edited by losingit2k, 26 September 2015 - 10:24 PM.

#93 Narps

Narps

Official TRF Pace Car Driver

• Members
  • 27721 posts
  • Interests:Exercise, my children, my new grandchildren(twin boys), the rest of my life...

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

View PostEmpty Mindless Spectre, on 30 August 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

I honestly think Losing It is quite a bit overrated myself. It was awesome to see a song that had never been played live, but I would rather have seen Lessons, Cut to the Chase, The Fountain of Lamneth, or Before and After. I'm not complaining though. All in all this was one of the best set lists ever. :haz:
:cheerleader: Yes indeed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users