Songs never played live

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ May 22 2012, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ May 21 2012, 08:01 PM)
EDIT: This probably should be in the tour section, my bad 653.gif

Well, Alex basically confirmed in the interview in snowdog2112's thread that they're considering busting out a few tracks never heard live before.

QUOTE (Alex)
We`ve been throwing about set lists for the last couple of weeks and the length of the set is creeping up to over 4 hours so we`ll have to reign it in and fine tune it. There`ll be a good portion of new material and some older stuff that we`ll be revisiting that you haven`t heard in a long time. There`s also a couple that we haven`t played live before that we`re thinking about doing. There`s quite a few in contention for the final set list.

Say they'll play three previously unheard songs. Which songs would you love to hear? Also, what do you think they WILL play?

I really want to hear Everyday Glory, Open Secrets, and Vapor Trail. My guess is that they actually will play Vapor Trail and Cut to the Chase. Not sure why I have this gut feeling Vapor Trail will be busted out cool.gif

Here's the full list:

Take A Friend

Before And After

Making Memories

Rivendell

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Lessons

Tears

Madrigal

Different Strings

Losing It

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Second Nature

Tai Shan

High Water

Chain Lighting

Anagram

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Available Light

Face Up

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

Cut To The Chase

Alien Shore

Speed Of Love

Everyday Glory

The Color Of Right

Totem

Dog Years

Carve Away The Stone

Peaceable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

How It Is

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

Out Of The Cradle

Bravest Face

Good News First

We Hold On

My guess there is a reason they do not play Dog Years!!

If they did, that's when I leave to go find a fire hydrant. I think that's the only Rush song I really actually hate.

Out of the list the highlighted ones are the most possible and you can even shorten that alot!

Take A Friend

Before And After

Making Memories

Rivendell

The Fountain Of Lamneth

Lessons

Tears

Madrigal

Different Strings

Losing It

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

Second Nature

Tai Shan

High Water

Chain Lighting

Anagram

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Available Light

Face Up

The Big Wheel

Heresy

Neurotica

You Bet Your Life

Cut To The Chase

Alien Shore

Speed Of Love

Everyday Glory

The Color Of Right

Totem

Dog Years

Carve Away The Stone

Peaceable Kingdom

The Stars Look Down

How It Is

Vapor Trail

Sweet Miracle

Nocturne

Freeze

Out Of The Cradle

Bravest Face

Good News First

We Hold On

I'm really hoping for these in order by importance:

Losing It

Cut to the Chase

Alien Shore

Open Secrets

Available Light

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

It would not shock me in the slightest to see Alien Shore or Cut To The Chase make it's debut live.

Both are killer tracks, that are heavy and rock.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Todem @ May 22 2012, 11:58 AM)
It would not shock me in the slightest to see Alien Shore or Cut To The Chase make it's debut live.

Both are killer tracks, that are heavy and rock.

I'd be happy if they played both! However, I truly think Losing It will get the nod for one of the songs. You know no-one has asked them if they are touring with an orchestra? What give?

confused13.gif

I don't think Rush will ever do that.

They will sample and trigger the strings.

If they played Losing It I would have to pick my jaw up off the floor.

And yeah if they played both Alien Shore and Cut to the Chase....wow what a coup. Won't happen though.

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 08:28 AM)
Everyday Glory would be great.

Yeah!

• Like 1

QUOTE (Todem @ May 22 2012, 12:04 PM)

And yeah if they played both Alien Shore and Cut to the Chase....wow what a coup. Won't happen though.

The only reason I'm suggesting that they might do it, is the whole String Section thing, If by any chance they are tour with a string section, all three songs: Losing it, Different Strings, and even Tears are on the table!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 22 2012, 08:46 AM)
QUOTE (pedro2112 @ May 22 2012, 12:05 AM)
Are you sure the list is correct? I could have sworn that I saw Open Secrets played live during the HYF tour.

Definitely never played live. The Hold Your Fire tour's setlist was completely static which didn't happen again until the R30 tour. It was the exact same set every night and Open Secrets, Second Nature, Tai Shan, and High Water weren't played on that tour or any tour since.

Yes, I checked the Power Windows website and I must have been mistaken. Wishful thinking on my part, I guess.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 12:22 PM)

And yeah if they played both Alien Shore and Cut to the Chase....wow what a coup.  Won't happen though.

The only reason I'm suggesting that they might do it, is the whole String Section thing, If by any chance they are tour with a string section, all three songs: Losing it, Different Strings, and even Tears are on the table!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Losing it, et al would not seem to be logical songs to play on tour simply because of tempo, rhythm.

However, I do suspect that the possibility of strings could happen. In which case confused13.gif who knows? Maybe we'll hear losing it on an encore or something.

This list is always intriguing. The vast majority of this material is either "not particularly stellar by Rush standards" or "probably wouldn't translate that great live".

Some good suggestions here though. I will now listen to each of these in order of release and chime in later with my two cents on the most realistic Top 5 songs they might unleash that I would enjoy.

2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 11:22 AM)

And yeah if they played both Alien Shore and Cut to the Chase....wow what a coup.  Won't happen though.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Tears is not on the table. It's not in the room, it's not in the building. There is no way they're playing that song live ever. Mark my words, you can take that to the bank.

I pray nightly that they completely forget about playing any tracks from VT! That effort reminds me of Springsteens Born in the USA album - gawd awful.

Having said that, Available Light and The Big Wheel would be nice to hear.

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 22 2012, 02:36 PM)
I pray nightly that they completely forget about playing any tracks from VT! That effort reminds me of Springsteens Born in the USA album - gawd awful.

Having said that, Available Light and The Big Wheel would be nice to hear.

The only track form VT I would like to hear that they haven't ever played is the Title Track. IMHO, They should have played that one back during the actual tour !

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ May 22 2012, 02:51 PM)
Cut To The Chase was never played live? I love that song! Vapor Trail would be cool too.

I've always wanted to hear Cut to the Chase. Alien Shore has also grown on me in a big way lately! I would take either one of them on this tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 03:35 PM)
You know, I can't understand why people find so hard to accept that 2.gif might just play Losing It on this tour. I'm sure they didn't play it live during the Signals tour because of Ben Mink's Violin Solo. So, if by any chance they are touring with a small string section. It's very easy for the violinist to learn the darn solo. I'm sure they have sheet music somewhere for it!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

laugh.gif

We could ask the same thing about why you can't accept the fact that they probably won't!

Listen, there are 3 reasons why you feel they are playing it:

1) You're clearly a huge fan of the song.

2) You're believing in this 'orchestra' concept.

3) You bought into the 'Signals in its entirety' rumour from months ago.

None of these equal them playing it. Sorry! cool10.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 22 2012, 01:36 PM)
This list is always intriguing. The vast majority of this material is either "not particularly stellar by Rush standards" or "probably wouldn't translate that great live".

I would add to that, it is the album fillers that help us to appreciate the really great songs off each album. The songs we look forward to hearing live.

And of course, MP has no fillers.

I hope Alex was just spinning his wheels and as they cut the setlist down, the notion of playing some obscure 'never-played-live' song falls by the waste side.

It's also possible, Alex is looking at songs that he doesn't remember playing live (but did)... That I could live with.

An orchestra could happen. They could sit under the stage, or above the lights, or maybe dangle them over Neil's drum kit like a super-awesome mobile. "Anything could happen."

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 04:03 PM)
An orchestra could happen. They could sit under the stage, or above the lights, or maybe dangle them over Neil's drum kit like a super-awesome mobile. "Anything could happen."

Dangle them over Neil's drum kit? I like to see that!

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif