92 replies to this topic

#41 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Sports

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 22 2012, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Todem @ May 22 2012, 12:04 PM)
I don't think Rush will ever do that.

They will sample and trigger the strings.

If they played Losing It I would have to pick my jaw up off the floor.

And yeah if they played both Alien Shore and Cut to the Chase....wow what a coup.  Won't happen though.

The only reason I'm suggesting that they might do it, is the whole String Section thing, If by any chance they are tour with a string section, all three songs: Losing it, Different Strings, and even Tears are on the table!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Tears is not on the table. It's not in the room, it's not in the building. There is no way they're playing that song live ever. Mark my words, you can take that to the bank.

You're right it's not on the table, room or building. it's on the setlist! Regardless, the Banks have going belly up lately, So I'll keep my money in the fantasy world. Thank you very much!

icon_alienjig.gif  common001.gif  1287.gif  cheer.gif

You know, I can't understand why people find so hard to accept that 2.gif might just play Losing It on this tour.  I'm sure they didn't play it live during the Signals tour because of Ben Mink's Violin Solo. So, if by any chance they are touring with a small string section. It's very easy for the violinist to learn the darn solo. I'm sure they have sheet music somewhere for it!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif  

Edited by losingit2k, 22 May 2012 - 02:41 PM.

Sponsored Post

#42 drgrendel

drgrendel

The Seeker

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Golfing, and Hiking.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

I pray nightly that they completely forget about playing any tracks from VT!  That effort reminds me of Springsteens Born in the USA album - gawd awful.

Having said that, Available Light and The Big Wheel would be nice to hear.

#43 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (drgrendel @ May 22 2012, 02:36 PM)
I pray nightly that they completely forget about playing any tracks from VT!  That effort reminds me of Springsteens Born in the USA album - gawd awful.

Having said that, Available Light and The Big Wheel would be nice to hear.

The only track form VT I would like to hear that they haven't ever played is the Title Track. IMHO, They should have played that one back during the actual tour !

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif  

#44 ArrowSnake

ArrowSnake

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1820 posts
  • Interests:Music, literature, art, life.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Cut To The Chase was never played live? I love that song! Vapor Trail would be cool too.

#45 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (ArrowSnake @ May 22 2012, 02:51 PM)
Cut To The Chase was never played live? I love that song! Vapor Trail would be cool too.

I've always wanted to hear Cut to the Chase. Alien Shore has also grown on me in a big way lately! I would take either one of them on this tour!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Edited by losingit2k, 22 May 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#46 EmotionDetector

EmotionDetector

Emotion-Guy

• Members *
  • 6086 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 03:35 PM)
You know, I can't understand why people find so hard to accept that 2.gif might just play Losing It on this tour.  I'm sure they didn't play it live during the Signals tour because of Ben Mink's Violin Solo. So, if by any chance they are touring with a small string section. It's very easy for the violinist to learn the darn solo. I'm sure they have sheet music somewhere for it!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

laugh.gif

We could ask the same thing about why you can't accept the fact that they probably won't!

Listen, there are 3 reasons why you feel they are playing it:

1) You're clearly a huge fan of the song.

2) You're believing in this 'orchestra' concept.

3) You bought into the 'Signals in its entirety' rumour from months ago.

None of these equal them playing it. Sorry!  cool10.gif  

#47 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 22 2012, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 03:35 PM)
You know, I can't understand why people find so hard to accept that 2.gif might just play Losing It on this tour.  I'm sure they didn't play it live during the Signals tour because of Ben Mink's Violin Solo. So, if by any chance they are touring with a small string section. It's very easy for the violinist to learn the darn solo. I'm sure they have sheet music somewhere for it!

2.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

laugh.gif

We could ask the same thing about why you can't accept the fact that they probably won't!

Listen, there are 3 reasons why you feel they are playing it:

1) You're clearly a huge fan of the song.

2) You're believing in this 'orchestra' concept.

3) You bought into the 'Signals in its entirety' rumour from months ago.

None of these equal them playing it. Sorry!  cool10.gif

Well 2-1/2 out of 3 ain't bad!

I bought into "Signals"rumor, But not in it's entirety!

no.gif Just: Subdivisions, New World Man, Analog Kid, Digital Man &

Losing It!

Look all you have are your dreams. Once you stop believing in them you slowly start dieing. So Please allow me to keep my dreams. Regardless, if they get shattered on September 7th!

fists crying.gif

I can't help it if I'm a romantic, naive, Fool! But hey;

Ignorance is Bliss!

653.gif

Edited by losingit2k, 22 May 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#48 ThinkingBig

ThinkingBig

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1599 posts
  • Interests:Family.

RUSH, movies, books, and politics.

Trying vegatable gardening.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ May 22 2012, 01:36 PM)
This list is always intriguing. The vast majority of this material is either "not particularly stellar by Rush standards" or "probably wouldn't translate that great live".

I would add to that, it is the album fillers that help us to appreciate the  really great songs off each album.  The songs we look forward to hearing live.

And of course, MP has no fillers.

I hope Alex was just spinning his wheels and as they cut the setlist down, the notion of playing some obscure 'never-played-live' song falls by the waste side.

It's also possible, Alex is looking at songs that he doesn't remember playing live (but did)...  That I could live with.

#49 ioc

ioc

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1246 posts
  • Interests:lutherie, recording, performing

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:03 PM

An orchestra could happen. They could sit under the stage, or above the lights, or maybe dangle them over Neil's drum kit like a super-awesome mobile. "Anything could happen."

#50 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 04:03 PM)
An orchestra could happen. They could sit under the stage, or above the lights, or maybe dangle them over Neil's drum kit like a super-awesome mobile. "Anything could happen."

Dangle them over Neil's drum kit? I like to see that!

rofl3.gif  z7shysterical.gif  icon_really_happy_guy.gif  

#51 Drummerrobin

Drummerrobin

The Seeker

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

Open Secrets and Cut To The Chase would definitely do it for me! Available Light would be good too.

#52 D3strukt

D3strukt

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Losing it is so freaking depressing. I think I might be borderline suicidal if I hear that song live. I don't even have it in my Signals folder on my PC, I deleted it.

#53 losingit2k

losingit2k

Setlist Swami

• Members *
  • 7471 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 22 2012, 05:10 PM)
Losing it is so freaking depressing. I think I might be borderline suicidal if I hear that song live. I don't even have it in my Signals folder on my PC, I deleted it.

Deleting Losing It is like throwing away a Diamond Ring!

dazed025.gif  

#54 ioc

ioc

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1246 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 07:01 PM)

dazed025.gif

I would categorize it more as pensive than straight-out depressing.  It's a great song.  The strings juxtaposed against Al's playing is magic. I love the muted, minimalist guitar playing...it adds more feeling to what he plays.  I suppose if you're that close to the edge, this song has enough emotional energy to push you over it, I don't know. Whatever the case, it's still a great song.

#55 D3strukt

D3strukt

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 22 2012, 07:01 PM)

dazed025.gif

I would categorize it more as pensive than straight-out depressing.  It's a great song.  The strings juxtaposed against Al's playing is magic. I love the muted, minimalist guitar playing...it adds more feeling to what he plays.  I suppose if you're that close to the edge, this song has enough emotional energy to push you over it, I don't know. Whatever the case, it's still a great song.

I just wanted to throw it out there that my mental being is in fine shape   laugh.gif  It was a play on words.

#56 ioc

ioc

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1246 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 22 2012, 07:38 PM)
I just wanted to throw it out there that my mental being is in fine shape   laugh.gif

Tell yourself that all you want, buddy. But you and I both know that you hang out here...a lot.  tongue.gif  laugh.gif  

#57 D3strukt

D3strukt

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2489 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (ioc @ May 22 2012, 09:24 PM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ May 22 2012, 07:38 PM)
I just wanted to throw it out there that my mental being is in fine shape   laugh.gif

Tell yourself that all you want, buddy. But you and I both know that you hang out here...a lot.  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

This is true  laugh.gif I do quite enjoy myself though.  2.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif  2.gif  

#58 USB Connector

USB Connector

Trek for Echo

• Members *
  • 8282 posts
  • Interests:Exploring the final frontier as captain of the Galaxy Class Starship Rocinante (registry NCC-2112).

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

I'm hoping they'll play Vapor Trail. They've never played it and Ged could definitely sing it perfectly.

#59 CrossedSignals

CrossedSignals

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1668 posts
  • Interests:digital audio, computer science, cartooning, guitar playing, beaches, oceans, sand, surf, music, television, computer games, strong female heroines in sci-fi/fantasy (see my sig), being a total spaz

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 22 2012, 11:56 PM)
I'm hoping they'll play Vapor Trail. They've never played it and Ged could definitely sing it perfectly.

I've convinced myself it's happening. I really have no evidence of any kind for believing such a thing, however. I'm probably setting myself up for a letdown.  tongue.gif  

#60 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (USB Connector @ May 22 2012, 10:56 PM)

That's why I'm also holding out for Everyday Glory. Ged could nail it, easily. It's a sad yet inspirational song, and I think it could rock live. Even though I often consider it my favorite song, I SWEAR I am not biased in any way  laugh.gif

If the future's looking dark
We're the ones who have to shine
If there's no one in control
We're the ones who draw the line
Though we live in trying times
We're the ones who have to try
Though we know that time has wings
We're the ones who have to fly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users