Oxegen Festival Clashes

Which of the following should I go to?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following should I go to?

• New Order
    • James Brown
    • Super Furry Animals

This is annoying me - All three of the above will on on alternative stages at the same time on Sunday July 10th, the closing night of Oxegen.

It's the last gig of the event, so I want to go out on a high.

I've pretty much decided, but would be interested in your views.

I can't say I've heard anything by SFA that has stuck in my mind so scratch them.

I find New Order to be dull and thoroughly depressing so scratch them.

Simple, go and see the living legend, the godfather of soul

James Brown - simply because how many chances are you going to get to see him at a festival.

The furries and New Order are perennial bands that come around every couple of years.

I have a number of dilemmas for T in The park whcih as you know has a evry similar line up.

T Time

QUOTE (dweezil @ Jun 8 2005, 06:26 PM)
New Order 1022.gif

yup

James Brown, I saw him support The Chili Peppers last year and it was a good laugh, you may never get the chance again!

QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jun 9 2005, 02:41 PM)
James Brown - simply because how many chances are you going to get to see him at a festival.

The furries and New Order are perennial bands that come around every couple of years.

I have a number of dilemmas for T in The park whcih as you know has a evry similar line up.

T Time

All the headliners are the same with some subtle variations. The two aren't officially linked, but I know they cooperate on things like transatlantic travel expenses etc for the big US acts.

T seems to have more acts than we do, and as ever there's a plethora of Irish acts that don't do T, and I'm sure you have the Scottish equivalent. One band I'd recommend is "The Frames" - They're second headliners on the Main Stage at Oxegen and in a smaller tent at T on the Sunday.

Really good band.

For the record, I think James Brown will win the day - Much as I like New Order, I think the uniqueness of having the Godfather there can't be passed up. The funniest thing is that the fourth band in the clash is actually the Foo Fighters, who I ruled out first.

Here's the Oxegen line up - It says "in no particular order", but I think the headliners are written in stone.

Oxegen Line-up

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Jun 10 2005, 03:29 AM)
QUOTE (Milton Bridge @ Jun 9 2005, 02:41 PM)

T Time

All the headliners are the same with some subtle variations. The two aren't officially linked, but I know they cooperate on things like transatlantic travel expenses etc for the big US acts.

T seems to have more acts than we do, and as ever there's a plethora of Irish acts that don't do T, and I'm sure you have the Scottish equivalent. One band I'd recommend is "The Frames" - They're second headliners on the Main Stage at Oxegen and in a smaller tent at T on the Sunday.

Really good band.

For the record, I think James Brown will win the day - Much as I like New Order, I think the uniqueness of having the Godfather there can't be passed up. The funniest thing is that the fourth band in the clash is actually the Foo Fighters, who I ruled out first.

Here's the Oxegen line up - It says "in no particular order", but I think the headliners are written in stone.

Oxegen Line-up

I reckon its the same organisation that puts both of these on.

Hope you have a great time - I will, it is usually the highlight of my musical year.

Archived