06 - Best Song From Hemispheres

RushRevisited

What do you think is the best song from this album?  

1224 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best song from this album?

• Cygnus X-1: Book Two - Hemispheres
    • Circumstances
    • The Trees
    • La Villa Strangiato

VERY tough choice....I choose Freewill!

doh.gif

Wrong album.....Uh.........I picked the Trees.

Still have this picture in my head of Alex starting the song playing his Accoustic guitar and tossing it Stage Right and seeing the stage hand DROPPING IT!!

'La Villa'. Another fun piece.

Title track. Again, more individuality but with a twist. Aside from that it is awesome musically on all accounts. I cannot think of anything wrong with this album, except for the tape stock they used for recording it. Noisey.

I choose La Villa simply for one piece of work in Alexs song, I believe it is A Lerxst In Wonderland. The softness, yearning of it. That piece of music is just one of the best ever wrote, it speaks to me. Everytime I hear it I get chills! That part just does something to me that no other piece of music has ever done.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 27 2004, 04:23 PM)
I don't care how many times I've heard it, I could listen to La Villa over and over and over. It's just one of my all time faves by any band.

Amen to that - I love the Exit more than any version

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 27 2004, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 27 2004, 04:23 PM)
I don't care how many times I've heard it, I could listen to La Villa over and over and over. It's just one of my all time faves by any band.

Amen to that - I love the Exit more than any version

THat is a great version, I do miss Al's intro that he is skipping now, though. Any chance to see him shred is one to relish.

Circumstances is a great song, I play jazz guitar and after a while I tried something different and learned this song on the guitar.

Sweet, I just made it a tie between Hemis and La Villa. biggrin.gif

The title track was the first ever Rush song I listened to (and no, it did not happen in the late seventies but last September! LOL) so I suppose it will always be a bit special for that reason alone. Plus it is a musical and compositional (umm, is that a word? wacko.gif ) masterpiece. It has everything.

Edited by Proggy