2013 - 05/30 - Glasgow, Scotland - SECC

Hola boys - hopefully see you all on the day. Think we're all meeting up at The Goose if you're about.

Hola Foxxi! Seems like an age since seeing you and your mob in Montreal last October. I'll be meeting Hatchet at the Solid then I'm sure we will sway over to the Goose at some point! Gotta do Birmingham this weekend first though! Are you baking again this year?

From the HeraldScotland....

That longevity hasn't tempered Lee's enjoyment of hitting the road. He speaks warmly of the "raucousness, like a soccer crowd" of Scottish shows

Lets show them some Glesga raucousness then people! We'd hate to let them down!

From the Glasgow Evening Times...

IN more than 40 years as the singer with prog-rock titans Rush, Geddy Lee has seen and heard many things.

Yet the roar of the Glasgow Apollo crowd is one of the most memorable.

"I remember the first time we played the Apollo I was shocked by how ardent the fan base was, and at what good voices they had," he chuckles, ahead of bringing the band to the SECC tomorrow.

"I remember we played Closer To The Heart there, and Glasgow was the first audience that sang along with us so loudly that we could hear them over the roar of our amplifiers [later immortalised on the band's 1981 live album Exit- Stage Left].

"It was a special gig as that crowd was so enthusiastic and there's not a lot of places where the crowd was so exuberant."

Yet another reason to show our appreciation tomorrow night!!

GLASGOW!!!!!

You rock my world! We are without doubt the best audience in the world! Ye we might not be Rio or Chile or wherever but we do welcome and appreciate with all that we are, all that we know, and all that we can give the most magnificent Rock band of all time!

I think we rocked their world tonight too...Glasgow we gave it all we could...and I think it was very much appreciated!!!

It's very true..if it ain't Rush..or Scottish...or has some Gallic in it.....it really is crap!!!!

My final gig in the SECC turned out to be the best ever. The crowd, the band, the company, the seats(5th row centre), the whisky, it was a perfect end to HATCHET'S MINI UK TOUR.The SECC has it's critics but Rush ALWAYS deliver there, and the crowd there is always mental. The new venue, The Hydro, is spectacular. I was given a guided tour of it yesterday. All I can say is WOW.

It was great to meet up with Andy Clegg & Scottishdood, and had the good fortune to meet Foxxistarr again.

Will post up a pic or two of the Glasgow gig later.

Glasgow, you ROCK.

Hey Dood and Hatchet

Great seeing you two the other night - sorry it was for such a short time ... and sorry no cake this time but WHEN they play the new Hydro Arena, then maybe - just maybe - there will be cake.

And Dood - you're right - Glasgow is ALWAYS a bloody brilliant night. You could tell the band were lapping up every second of the carnage! Utterly off the hook and so great to see so many of my Rush family there.

Ha. All the other folk are wondering what these three blootered are doing.

To help jog my memory of the night - which for some reason seems a wee bit fuzzy (must be an age thing) I found a couple of reviews of the show. Some of the photos from a distance showing the lighting give a different perspective:

http://stuartwestwood.gigape.com/user/2013/06/01/rush-explode-into-glasgow/

http://getreadytorock.me.uk/blog/2013/06/gig-review-rush-secc-glasgow-30th-may-2013/

Archived