TicketMaster Platinum Tickets

Snaked

Well, I had a chance at very good Platinum tix this morning for Phoenix. Right at the start of the sale, these pairs were available:

row 1, right section, $475 each

row 2, center section, $495 each

I called a friend to check on the prices about 12 minutes into the sale. When I checked back about 5 minutes later, all these were gone. Now all that's left in these sections are row 14 pairs for $375. So, yes, it looks like you CAN get great seats with Platinum if you're ready to pull the trigger in the early minutes.

But I'm really not dissapointed about missing out, as these probably would have been $550+ after all the fees and taxes. facepalm.gif I was seeing very mediocre seats in the general sale, so I went ahead and ordered a VIP package. Funny, after staring down a price of $495, $325 doesn't seem THAT bad. tongue.gif At least I'll get the swag, I'll be within 15 rows, and I won't have to deal with StubHub or Craigslist.

Edited by They Bow Defeated

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ May 7 2012, 11:55 AM)
Well, I had a chance at very good Platinum tix this morning for Phoenix. Right at the start of the sale, these pairs were available:

row 2, center section, $495 each

I called a friend to check on the prices about 12 minutes into the sale. When I checked back about 5 minutes later, all these were gone. Now all that's left in these sections are row 14 pairs for $375. So, yes, it looks like you CAN get great seats with Platinum if you're ready to pull the trigger in the early minutes.

But I'm really not dissapointed about missing out, as these probably would have been $550+ after all the fees and taxes. facepalm.gif I was seeing very mediocre seats in the general sale, so I went ahead and ordered a VIP package. Funny, after staring down a price of $495, $325 doesn't seem THAT bad. tongue.gif At least I'll get the swag, I'll be within 15 rows, and I won't have to deal with StubHub or Craigslist.

Glad you're happy with what you got.

Just FYI, no taxes or fees are added to Platinum Tickets (or better to say they are included in the ticket cost). That's the total price.

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 7 2012, 03:07 PM)
Just FYI, no taxes or fees are added to Platinum Tickets (or better to say they are included in the ticket cost). That's the total price.

I ended up springing for Platinum for Detroit. Row 3, Sec. B on Alex's aisle...$350 each plus $5 to send tickets by USPS and they'll be here in two weeks from today, not within 2 weeks of the show. No added "service" fees or taxes. Better to pay TicketMaster and hope the band gets their cut, imho.

Um, that means I have extra tickets available. Anybody want my version of "Plutonium Plus" tickets for Detroit? Sec. C, row 6, toward the outside Alex's aisle. Drop me a PM if these trip your trigger. They'll cost more than face but less than TM Platinum or VIP...

Rock on!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Rush%2007%20Marysville/Rush07Marysville115.jpg

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 9 2012, 10:52 AM)
Wait...how exactly do these TM Platinum tickets work?

Where can I find them, and when do they go on sale?

On TicketMaster.

The day of the general on-sale if there are Platinum tix available you'll see a tab on the screen that says "Official Platinum Tickets"

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 9 2012, 10:56 AM)

On TicketMaster.

The day of the general on-sale if there are Platinum tix available you'll see a tab on the screen that says "Official Platinum Tickets"

Thanks Snaked!

Just checked a few other shows and I see the tab!

Expensive...but might have to be an option...

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 9 2012, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ May 9 2012, 10:56 AM)

On TicketMaster.

Thanks Snaked!

Just checked a few other shows and I see the tab!

Expensive...but might have to be an option...

Quite expensive...probably going to just go for it.

SUCH Bullshit.

Seriously...I've been going for every Platinum ticket for Toronto, and keep getting "Sorry for your inconvenience"...yet, they keep disappearing. So f'n hillarious.

People can back the process all they want, but it's all BS for fans...any way you cut it. rage.gif