Saw Clutch last night

Went to the Clutch/Hellyeah show last night and Clutch was fukking killer! These guys are one of the best rock bands out there. They played 3 new songs that were awesome. Jean- Paul is one of the most underrated drummers out there- same goes for Tim Sult, the guy is a fukking riff monster! Just really impressed at how great these guys are live. Thanks God they went on before Hellyeah, because if I had to sit through that shit, I don't think I'd be able to. We left at the beginning of their second song- most of the place cleared out after Clutch too. Man, how people like that shit is beyond me. CLUTCH 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif
  • Like 2

Glad you had a good time - well, at least for 1/2 the show! laugh.gif A friend introduced me to Clutch's music a few years ago. He knows I'm a big Dream Theater fan, and he hates DT, so he gave me some Clutch to listen to because he thinks they are the "anti-DT" band... and I shocked him when I told him I liked it! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Priest of Syrinx @ Apr 20 2012, 10:39 AM)
Glad you had a good time - well, at least for 1/2 the show! laugh.gif A friend introduced me to Clutch's music a few years ago. He knows I'm a big Dream Theater fan, and he hates DT, so he gave me some Clutch to listen to because he thinks they are the "anti-DT" band... and I shocked him when I told him I liked it! rofl3.gif

trink39.gif

I never got into them . I did see them booed off the stage in NYC ohmy.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 20 2012, 10:50 AM)

Really?...Who were they playing with?...I know they have a good rep in the underground circles..surprised they would get booed off stage

id be curious to know as well, I was probably at it unless it was in the mid 90's..and Ive never seen that happen.

I saw them at the Soundwave Festival in Perth, Australia, in 2010. I hadn't heard anything from them until then, and what a surprise! great riffs, funky yet fierce drumming, and a singer with a badass attitude. What more can you ask for?

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Apr 20 2012, 11:08 AM)
I never got into them . I did see them booed off the stage in NYC  ohmy.gif

Really?...Who were they playing with?...I know they have a good rep in the underground circles..surprised they would get booed off stage

Slayer in 97 or 98

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Apr 20 2012, 11:25 AM)
I saw them at the Soundwave Festival in Perth, Australia, in 2010. I hadn't heard anything from them until then, and what a surprise! great riffs, funky yet fierce drumming, and a singer with a badass attitude. What more can you ask for?

Great way to describe their music. trink39.gif

I love Clutch, but I have no questions for you that you wouldn't think of anyway.

One thing I always like hearing is an answer to "who are the artists you listen to that you think more people should listen to?" Or something along those lines.

Sometimes I discover new music that way.

• Like 1

I love Clutch, but I have no questions for you that you wouldn't think of anyway.

One thing I always like hearing is an answer to "who are the artists you listen to that you think more people should listen to?" Or something along those lines.

Sometimes I discover new music that way.

That's a great question! I'll make sure to fit that into the interview. It hasn't been confirmed yet, but it should be in the next few days

• Like 1

Resurrecting this thread to post my interview with Neil Fallon from Clutch: https://www.sonicperspectives.com/interviews/interview-with-neil-fallon/

That was a great interview. You could tell he was diggin the questions. The conversation flowed. Good job!

• Like 1