Men!

• Please log in to reply
1014 replies to this topic

#1001 the masked drummer

the masked drummer

The Professor

• Members
  • 3219 posts
  • Interests:Drumming, 3-wheelers, boating, camping, snowmobiling, minibike riding, movies, video-games...

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Angua @ Jun 21 2008, 12:58 PM)
I've just got home to find the sitting room in chaos with a drum kit (wasn't there when I went out) in the midst of the chaos.  There was a sale on too good to miss...

And they say we shop like it's an olympic sport!

Yeah, but sales on drums are different, and men think about the big picture when we buy. Women are jealous about our sweet buying skills. I once went to guitar center to stock up on drum sticks and took advantage of their 65% off sale they had on this Premier kit so I snatched it up. I gigged at least 100 shows with that kit and then sold it for more than double what I paid for it. How can that be compared to clothes, shoes, & purses? What kind of resale value do purses have? I'm just asking.
confused13.gif

I'm just teasin' ladies. bekloppt.gif  I know you are smart shoppers, too, and who are we to judge what you should buy or not?  

Sponsored Post

#1002 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:32 AM

user posted image

#1003 fendergirl4001

fendergirl4001

The Seeker

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 1 2008, 10:32 PM)
user posted image

Oh god... that's oddly typical of my boyfriend... Tho he is only 18... tongue.gif  

#1004 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (fendergirl4001 @ Jul 3 2008, 09:50 PM)
user posted image

Oh god... that's oddly typical of my boyfriend... Tho he is only 18... tongue.gif

laugh.gif  a friend of mine sent that pic to my phone, and we  rofl3.gif

but this morning its not so funny   no.gif
i had forwarded the pic from my phone to my email  doh.gif
then to my computer and photobucket account  dazed025.gif
and now i'm sorry, because i'm getting some really obnoxious spam  ph34r.gif

that'll teach me  sad.gif

#1005 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (fendergirl4001 @ Jul 3 2008, 09:50 PM)

laugh.gif  a friend of mine sent that pic to my phone, and we  rofl3.gif

but this morning its not so funny   no.gif
i had forwarded the pic from my phone to my email  doh.gif
then to my computer and photobucket account  dazed025.gif
and now i'm sorry, because i'm getting some really obnoxious spam  ph34r.gif

that'll teach me  sad.gif

#1006 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:12 AM

...twice  wacko.gif  

#1007 Alsgalpal

Alsgalpal

Mermaid of the Lunar Sea

• Members *
  • 16287 posts
  • Interests:Music, sportbikes, photography and horses...

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Jul 12 2008, 04:12 AM)
...twice  wacko.gif

laugh.gif

#1008 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17132 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:55 AM

Hi girls! I want to add some more insight into a man's thought processes. This might help. We actually are a fragile breed.

Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns
Dear Walter:
I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor lady. I am 32, my husband is 34, and we have been married for twelve years.

When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Sheila:
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.
-Walter

#1009 Rolinda Bonz

Rolinda Bonz

Land Obi Zorn

• Members *
  • 10868 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 17 2008, 07:55 AM)
Hi girls! I want to add some more insight into a man's thought processes. This might help. We actually are a fragile breed.

Why Men Don't Write Advice Columns
Dear Walter:
I hope you can help me here. The other day, I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a mile down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was in our bedroom with the neighbor lady. I am 32, my husband is 34, and we have been married for twelve years.

When I confronted him, he broke down and admitted that they had been having an affair for the past six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him. He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. He won't go to counseling and I'm afraid I can't get through to him anymore.

Can you please help?

Sincerely, Sheila

---------------------------------------------------

Dear Sheila:
A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the vacuum pipes and hoses on the intake manifold and also check all grounding wires. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber.

I hope this helps.
-Walter

sarcasm.gif

laugh.gif  

#1010 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:26 PM

I hope this isn't still too raunchy a picture for here.  I tried to fix it up a bit so it wouldn't be.  Apologies if it still is.

user posted image

#1011 OriginalFan

OriginalFan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1438 posts
  • Interests:Stargazing, camping & hiking, being outdoors, music of all kinds, cooking, wine, coffee, exploring new places, meeting new people. Philosophy, anthropology, history, reading, playing Scrabble, opera.

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Oct 7 2008, 10:26 PM)
I hope this isn't still too raunchy a picture for here.  I tried to fix it up a bit so it wouldn't be.  Apologies if it still is.

user posted image

rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif   That's a good one!  I don't think it's too raunchy personally... wink.gif

#1012 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

sure, that could be a microphone she's holding!  laugh.gif

The original was pretty realistic looking though so I thought I'd better touch it up just to be safe.

#1013 telegraphcreeklocal

telegraphcreeklocal

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Interests:Motocross, superbike races. Heavy Metal. Marvel comics. Art. Cooking. Hiking and fishing, music, women.

Posted 09 October 2008 - 01:30 AM

Rather cocky... 2.gif  1022.gif  

#1014 OriginalFan

OriginalFan

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1438 posts
  • Interests:Stargazing, camping & hiking, being outdoors, music of all kinds, cooking, wine, coffee, exploring new places, meeting new people. Philosophy, anthropology, history, reading, playing Scrabble, opera.

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Oct 9 2008, 12:30 AM)
Rather cocky... 2.gif  1022.gif

z7shysterical.gif  

#1015 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3058 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, Holy Trinity of Metal, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Opeth

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

Someone asked me,  "What is your definition of 'a good man'? Handsome? Rich?Gentle? Rough? Caring?"

This was my reply:

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users