2012 - 10/14 - Toronto, ON

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#41 toyzshopmike

toyzshopmike

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Listening to RUSH, my family, and NHRA Top Fuel and Nitro Funny Car drag racing.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Well yesterday I got on at 12:05 and got 4 VIP for us and the two kids... Does anyone have any experience with the VIP tickets and can tell me what sort of seats we can expect with the above info?
Thanks in advance
Mike

Sponsored Post

#42 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (toyzshopmike @ May 8 2012, 12:31 PM)
Well yesterday I got on at 12:05 and got 4 VIP for us and the two kids... Does anyone have any experience with the VIP tickets and can tell me what sort of seats we can expect with the above info?
Thanks in advance
Mike

Hard to say given the fanaticism of Toronto fans.  I am sweating it and finished it at 12:03.  Hopefully the fact it was such short notice will help out and kept many from being aware to be there on time to purchase.  (Selfish I know)

#43 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8605 posts
  • Interests:Running, music, movies, travelling, reading, food.

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't have a Fan Club membership, and tickets will only be available for us poor mortals on Sat. May 12 @ 10am. What would you say I can expect in terms of seats? Should I bring my telescope?

#44 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ May 8 2012, 02:25 PM)
I don't have a Fan Club membership, and tickets will only be available for us poor mortals on Sat. May 12 @ 10am. What would you say I can expect in terms of seats? Should I bring my telescope?

Fan Club membership is free.

#45 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8605 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 8 2012, 04:26 PM)

How do I get it?

#46 1 of the 7

1 of the 7

Geddy, Geddy, Gumdrops!

• Members
  • 11919 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ May 8 2012, 04:52 PM)

How do I get it?

There really isn't a "fan club" so to speak. You can sign up for a newsletter from rush.com, but many people are having trouble receiving it, and it's often sent out too late. The best thing to do is keep checking rushisaband.com and rushisaband.com/tour regularly for announcements about pre-sales for the shows. The MusicToday presale and VIP presale are already sold out for Toronto. I'd advise getting into the general sale early, because it looks like tix will go fast. The seats may not be the greatest, but sometimes people get lucky. They may also have Platinum tickets available at that time, but they are expensive. If they have these, they will be on the same page as the regular sale, only you click the red tab that says "Platinum Tickets".

Hope this helps.

Edited by 1 of the 7, 08 May 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#47 barney_rebel

barney_rebel

The Camera Guy

• 27052 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

AMEX FOTL was crappy...

#48 P-Tor

P-Tor

The Seeker

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

F**K!  I missed the pre-sale yesterday.  I didn't even find out about it until I got home from work.  They didn't give any notice at all. F**k! F**k! F**k!  fists crying.gif  

#49 YYZ Working Man

YYZ Working Man

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2164 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

2.gif see you all at the ACC -I scored 6 floor seats

#50 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8605 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ May 8 2012, 07:38 PM)

How do I get it?

There really isn't a "fan club" so to speak. You can sign up for a newsletter from rush.com, but many people are having trouble receiving it, and it's often sent out too late. The best thing to do is keep checking rushisaband.com and rushisaband.com/tour regularly for announcements about pre-sales for the shows. The MusicToday presale and VIP presale are already sold out for Toronto. I'd advise getting into the general sale early, because it looks like tix will go fast. The seats may not be the greatest, but sometimes people get lucky. They may also have Platinum tickets available at that time, but they are expensive. If they have these, they will be on the same page as the regular sale, only you click the red tab that says "Platinum Tickets".

Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks...IŽll have to wait for the sale on Saturday then. What a sahme, I hope it doesnŽt sell out by then!

I was doing some research about Toronto to try and make the best out of the long trip, and just found out that on the same day of the show thereŽs a Marathon and Half Marathon going on! If I make it there, IŽll probably run the Half...what a great day this would be, a challenging race and a Rush concert at the end of it!!

#51 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (P-Tor @ May 8 2012, 08:50 PM)
F**K!  I missed the pre-sale yesterday.  I didn't even find out about it until I got home from work.  They didn't give any notice at all. F**k! F**k! F**k!  fists crying.gif

Yeah, I got the email the day after.

#52 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ May 9 2012, 02:51 AM)

How do I get it?

Hope this helps.

Hey, thanks...IŽll have to wait for the sale on Saturday then. What a sahme, I hope it doesnŽt sell out by then!

I was doing some research about Toronto to try and make the best out of the long trip, and just found out that on the same day of the show thereŽs a Marathon and Half Marathon going on! If I make it there, IŽll probably run the Half...what a great day this would be, a challenging race and a Rush concert at the end of it!!

Really? Odd for October. I will probably do the half.  RUSH Shirts?

#53 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8605 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 9 2012, 06:57 AM)

How do I get it?

Hope this helps.

I don't have any Rush running shirts unfortunately...I tend to run with dri-fit stuff. But hey, if there's more people doing it, I might use mine as well. Are you really up for it? I'll see what kind of seats I can get on Saturday, and if they're worth it, I'll register for the race as well. Here's the website: http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/en/index.htm

It's actually a full blown marathon, but I don't think I could run it and also make it to the concert, I'd be too tired.

#54 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ May 9 2012, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 9 2012, 06:57 AM)

How do I get it?

Hope this helps.

I don't have any Rush running shirts unfortunately...I tend to run with dri-fit stuff. But hey, if there's more people doing it, I might use mine as well. Are you really up for it? I'll see what kind of seats I can get on Saturday, and if they're worth it, I'll register for the race as well. Here's the website: http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/en/index.htm

It's actually a full blown marathon, but I don't think I could run it and also make it to the concert, I'd be too tired.

Wow, sounds and looks like a cool event!

http://www.torontowaterfrontmarathon.com/en/details.htm

They have a 5K, 1/2, and full marathon.  I've never been to Toronto so running the course along the waterfront and finishing downtown would be awesome and something to remember.  I couldn't do the full, and if I did wouldn't make the concert. laugh.gif

This is really a full blown event the entire weekend with lots going on.  

I was thinking it will likely be cooler in October there and though I run in tech shirts as well, I might have to figure something out with one of my Rush tees, make it sleeveless or something.

Something different I noticed is that they put your name on the bib which will make a cool keepsake as well.

#55 Running Rebel

Running Rebel

Faithless

• Members *
  • 23851 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:46 AM

Anyone have hotel reccomdations?

#56 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8605 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Running in cool weather makes a MASSIVE difference. I ran a half marathon in excruciating heat in Australia in 02h04minutes, but did the Half in Buenos Aires last year during winter - 01h44minutes. October should be excellent to run in Toronto, right?

I saw a Rush sports shirt for sale at the Backstage club, but it had the 2112 cover in it - too dark for running! If only they had one with the GUP cover...

Edited by RodrigoAltaf, 09 May 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#57 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 9 2012, 11:46 AM)

I absolutely love the Sheraton Centre... but it can be pricy.
However you cannot beat the location.
Right on Queen St a 2 minute walk to your choice of 2 different subway stations plus a streetcar right at the front door of the hotel.

Other than that my 2nd choice is the Days Inn on Carlton.. but thats simply due to romantic memories of gigs and games at the old Maple Leaf Gardens.
It is nicely located though right off the Yonge St. subway.

You can get cheaper if you use Hotwire and/or Priceline.  

#58 Rod in Toronto

Rod in Toronto

Crushed in Rio

• Members *
  • 8605 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 9 2012, 10:46 AM)

I've used this one a couple of times, with very good results: http://www.booking.com/

#59 Prime Mover and Shaker

Prime Mover and Shaker

SOCN Court Jester

• Members *
  • 10205 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 9 2012, 08:46 AM)

Wait until the RushCon hotel is announced.  Stay there!

#60 Snaked

Snaked

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3339 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Prime Mover and Shaker @ May 9 2012, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE (Running Rebel @ May 9 2012, 08:46 AM)

Wait until the RushCon hotel is announced.  Stay there!

I value my sleep too much.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users