69 replies to this topic

#41 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:Football, hockey, cycling, golf, music

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ May 7 2012, 03:47 PM)
QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ May 3 2012, 03:25 PM)
If anybody is still looking for tickets...

I just shelled out for TM Platinum seats so now have an extra pair for the Detroit show.  Sec. C, row 6, toward the outside aisle.  I'll sell them for more than face but less than VIP or Platinum.  PM to discuss the details.

Rock on!

MOD EDIT:  You can try to sell your tickets here, but you CAN NOT sell them for more than face value.  We do not allow that on TRF.

user posted image

Row 3, sect B, $350... one available.  I'll be in the other seat of this pair on Ged's aisle just 3 rows from the stage.  Come rock with me, won't you?

user posted image

Edited by Huge Ackman, 07 September 2012 - 12:58 AM.

Sponsored Post

#42 liddybuck01

liddybuck01

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1259 posts
  • Interests:music, tv, food, fun.

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

still no tickets for me. I'm very upset about this.  sad.gif  

#43 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Sep 6 2012, 10:44 PM)

I just shelled out for TM Platinum seats so now have an extra pair for the Detroit show.  Sec. C, row 6, toward the outside aisle.  I'll sell them for more than face but less than VIP or Platinum.  PM to discuss the details.

Rock on!

MOD EDIT:  You can try to sell your tickets here, but you CAN NOT sell them for more than face value.  We do not allow that on TRF.

user posted image

Row 3, sect B, $350... one available.  I'll be in the other seat of this pair on Ged's aisle just 3 rows from the stage.  Come rock with me, won't you?

user posted image

I'd buy this off you for face value.. $350 certainly isn't face value no.gif

#44 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 7 2012, 10:10 AM)

Rock on!

user posted image

user posted image

I'd buy this off you for face value.. $350 certainly is face value yes.gif

Face value, printed on the ticket from Ticketmaster, is $350.   So, should I consider your willingness to buy at face value an offer to buy this one? 1022.gif  trink39.gif

Edited by Huge Ackman, 07 September 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#45 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Sep 7 2012, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 7 2012, 10:10 AM)

Rock on!

user posted image

user posted image

I'd buy this off you for face value.. $350 certainly is face value yes.gif

Face value, printed on the ticket from Ticketmaster, is $350.   So, should I consider your willingness to buy at face value an offer to buy this one? 1022.gif  trink39.gif

Oh dang. Why so much?

#46 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 7 2012, 06:06 PM)
Oh dang. Why so much?

Ticketmaster "Official Platinum" seats.  Take a look at the current offerings to get an idea of the going rate for decent floor seats from TM.  Basically, TM is scalping tickets in the primary market instead of allowing scalpers to buy at face and sell them at inflated prices in the secondary market.  I'm OK with that as long as the band gets their cut of the increased ticket sales, which I'm pretty sure is how it goes.  

Here is how TM explains it:
Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.

Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?
No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.

Why can't I buy Official Platinum Seats for certain events?
Currently, Official Platinum Seats are not available for all events. Be sure to check back often as new events are continually being added.

How are my tickets delivered?
Depending on the event, Ticketmaster offers TicketFast® or standard UPS ticket delivery options. In some cases, will call may be offered or required. Learn more about TicketFast®.

What is the Current Price per ticket?
The price you pay is the original price of the ticket. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster on behalf of the artist or event provider.

Other amounts or fees may also be included in the Current Price, or may be added on top of the Current Price. If additional amounts are added on top of the Current Price, they will be displayed on the website before you complete your purchase.

That's why so expensive.  I'm only trying to recover what I paid for the ticket.   1022.gif  2.gif

user posted image

Edited by Huge Ackman, 07 September 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#47 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Sep 7 2012, 09:02 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 7 2012, 06:06 PM)
Oh dang. Why so much?

Ticketmaster "Official Platinum" seats.  Take a look at the current offerings to get an idea of the going rate for decent floor seats from TM.  Basically, TM is scalping tickets in the primary market instead of allowing scalpers to buy at face and sell them at inflated prices in the secondary market.  I'm OK with that as long as the band gets their cut of the increased ticket sales, which I'm pretty sure is how it goes.  

Here is how TM explains it:
Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.

Are Official Platinum Seats resale tickets?
No. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.

Why can't I buy Official Platinum Seats for certain events?
Currently, Official Platinum Seats are not available for all events. Be sure to check back often as new events are continually being added.

How are my tickets delivered?
Depending on the event, Ticketmaster offers TicketFast® or standard UPS ticket delivery options. In some cases, will call may be offered or required. Learn more about TicketFast®.

What is the Current Price per ticket?
The price you pay is the original price of the ticket. Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster on behalf of the artist or event provider.

Other amounts or fees may also be included in the Current Price, or may be added on top of the Current Price. If additional amounts are added on top of the Current Price, they will be displayed on the website before you complete your purchase.

That's why so expensive.  I'm only trying to recover what I paid for the ticket.   1022.gif  2.gif

user posted image

Fair enough. A little too expensive for me though. I'm only 20 rows back for less than half that price  wink.gif

But... if you're really desperate to sell it and it's a few hours or so before the show, I can certainly make you an offer.

Edited by SchemingDemon, 08 September 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#48 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Anybody wanna meet up and pregame/tailgate in the parking lot before the show? BYOB? BYOW? wink.gif cool10.gif

#49 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Sep 6 2012, 08:44 PM)
Row 3, sect B, $350... none available.

Sold....

user posted image

Edited by Huge Ackman, 09 September 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#50 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 9 2012, 02:55 PM)
Anybody wanna meet up and pregame/tailgate in the parking lot before the show? BYOB? BYOW? wink.gif cool10.gif

Yes, meet up.  I don't know the area so somebody pick a spot and time and I'll be there...  
trink38.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

user posted image

#51 SchemingDemon

SchemingDemon

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1357 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Huge Ackman @ Sep 9 2012, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 9 2012, 02:55 PM)

Yes, meet up.  I don't know the area so somebody pick a spot and time and I'll be there...  
trink38.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

user posted image

The parking lot, an hour or two before the show tongue.gif

Really I don't know, somebody mentioned a Steak N Shake earlier, but I want something alcoholic before the show to save on beer prices at the venue trink38.gif I'm not terribly familiar with Auburn Hills, and no way in hell are we meeting up somewhere in Detroit

#52 usscarrera73

usscarrera73

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

There is an italian and mexican joint about a mile south of the Palace, not finding much else. Must be one of those things get a caravan going and just stop and eat.

#53 ladirushfan80

ladirushfan80

Dawn's Early Light

• Members
  • 12338 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with friends and family. Spirituality. Music. Getting out in the world and trying to appreciate and make the most out of each and every day. Always a work in progress...

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

There's a group of froods meeting @ O'Malley's Tavern Auburn Hills before the show...

I've heard they have a shuttle that will take you to & from the venue.

I plan on being there.

coy.gif

#54 Gompers

Gompers

10,000 posts, and I got nothin'

• Members *
  • 17108 posts
  • Interests:Jaywalking. Not smoking meth. Selling my air guitars on eBay. Cooking Chinese and Italians. Giving blood so I can get drunk faster. Being a stickler for detale.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 12 2012, 11:11 AM)
There's a group of froods meeting @ O'Malley's Tavern Auburn Hills before the show...

I plan on being there.

coy.gif

You posted on 11:11. You get 3 wishes.

smile.gif  

#55 ladirushfan80

ladirushfan80

Dawn's Early Light

• Members
  • 12338 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with friends and family. Spirituality. Music. Getting out in the world and trying to appreciate and make the most out of each and every day. Always a work in progress...

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Gompers @ Sep 12 2012, 11:15 AM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 12 2012, 11:11 AM)

I plan on being there.

coy.gif

You posted on 11:11. You get 3 wishes.

smile.gif

YES!

common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  

#56 Cygnus The God Of Balance

Cygnus The God Of Balance

God of Sound Clips

• Members
  • 2120 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

Ok....there's a POSSIBILITY that we'll be able to come down to the show; we're waiting for confirmation.  Those coming from out of town, where are you staying?  Would love to see my old (and meet some new) Rush friends!  Where's the meetup??

Keeping my fingers crossed and lighting candles for this to happen...

#57 bashton

bashton

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

One week from today, I'll be in the 8th row and loving every minute!

Can't wait...have seen Rush every time they have been in the Detroit area since 1977!

BA

2.gif  

#58 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Sep 12 2012, 08:11 AM)

I plan on being there.

coy.gif

O'Malley's Tavern - Auburn Hills

Looks like a fine place to start the evening.  I'll be there...   trink38.gif  1022.gif  2.gif

Turns out that O'Malley's does not offer shuttle service but Hoops does.  Hoops shuttle is $5 for the round-trip and they do stop at local hotels... O'Malley's is connected to a hotel and the Hoops shuttle makes a stop there.

Any thought from locals about meeting at Hoops instead of O'Malley's?  Or plan on meeting at O'Malley's and scheduling the shuttle service offered by Hoops.  No big whoop to me either way...  If our group grows to larger than 10 bodies, Hoops just wants to hear from us so they have the correct vehicle to get everybody where they need to be.

user posted image

Edited by Huge Ackman, 15 September 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#59 sundog

sundog

Million Dollar Smile

• Members *
  • 11485 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 9 2012, 05:55 PM)

Official Meet up is at O'Malley's (with a room reserved for our party and a free shuttle to the show.)

O'Malley's Tavern Auburn Hills
1500 Opdyke Road, Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

Official Michigan Rush Fan Pre-Show Meet Up

th1245.gif  

#60 ladirushfan80

ladirushfan80

Dawn's Early Light

• Members
  • 12338 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (sundog @ Sep 16 2012, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 9 2012, 05:55 PM)

Official Meet up is at O'Malley's (with a room reserved for our party and a free shuttle to the show.)

O'Malley's Tavern Auburn Hills
1500 Opdyke Road, Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326

Official Michigan Rush Fan Pre-Show Meet Up

th1245.gif

*like*

see ya'll tomorrow froods!!

chickendance.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users