144 replies to this topic

#41 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Aug 8 2012, 06:39 PM)
[QUOTE=Empty Mindless Spectre,Aug 6 2012, 09:01 AM] [/QUOTE]
I agree. I saw Time Machine there and I'd say it was the worst venue I've ever seen them play. I sat dead center 50 rows back and I thought the sound was bad. Then it took me about 90minutes to get out of the parking lot afterward. Apparently they funnel everyone out of ONE exit. I was there very early (about 4:00 PM) and thought I had a good parking spot, but it's never taken me longer to start my ride home from any event than it took me to get out of Jiffy Lube Live.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif [/QUOTE]
Don't think the sound is that bad (wouldn't say that it good either).

I will agree with you on the traffic getting out.  I recall trying to leave an Allman Brothers show about 10 years ago and moved about 50 yards in an hour.

The last few Rush shows, I haven't been in a hurry to get out.  So, we have had post-show tailgate with the TRF bunch.  Only problem is that sometimes security will come by and 'strongly' encourage you to leave, even though cars aren't moving.  I haven't been harrassed to bad though after the show.  If the cars are to the point of moving steadily, I will abide by security suggestion and get going.

Back at the hotel, we partied with the Scotts until about 3.  When we crashed, it was apparent that they weren't going to be done anytime soon.  I'm guessing they were over their jet lag by this point.

Well no one from security was harassing me, because I was legitimately trying to leave. I drove down from Delaware which was a 2.5 to 3 hour ride. That is manageable enough, but if I can't get out of the parking lot for 2 hours, trying to get home after an event becomes quite impractical... especially if you like to enjoy a few beers at the show as I do. (I was falling asleep by the time I got out of the lot). I guess the after show tailgate is a good idea if you live close by, but I wouldn't consider attempting a 150 mile trip after partaking in an after show tailgate party.

As for the sound, I caught the show in Holmdel, NJ a couple weeks prior to the Jiffy Lube Live show, and I thought the difference in sound quality was pretty dramatic.

All in all, I'm very sad to say that the disappointing experience I had at Jiffy Lube Live last year will prevent me from making the trip down for this year's RUSH concert. In fact, I am sure that I will never attend another event at this venue. sad.gif  

Sponsored Post

#42 BlameCanada

BlameCanada

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:48 PM

If anyone will be in town the night before the show, my Rush tribute band, Blame Canada, will be performing at Sullys in Chantilly, which is about 20 minutes away from Bristow/Jiffy Lube Live. At our show, we'll be giving away 2 tickets for the Rush concert. It should be a lot of fun and the more Rush fans we can get out there, the better. Hope to see some of you there! Details can be found on our website: http://www.BlameCanada4Rush.com

#43 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Got my ticket!!!

Section 101, Row V

common001.gif  common001.gif  common001.gif  

#44 ridertoo98

ridertoo98

Never misses a birthday

• Members *
  • 8234 posts
  • Interests:music,firearms,motorcycles,my GF, my kids, cars, PC games
    learning new stuff, my pet cats

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Cool in 101 too.

#45 Maverick

Maverick

SWEDGIN!

• Members *
  • 24277 posts
  • Interests:Painfully Geeky

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:49 AM

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Aug 15 2012, 06:40 AM)
Cool in 101 too.

Sweet!!!

#46 rushlady23

rushlady23

Catwoman

• Members *
  • 16924 posts
  • Interests:Rush, cats, gardening, classic rock, cooking, baking, motorcycling, auto racing, baseball, chocolate

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Aug 15 2012, 06:49 AM)
QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Aug 15 2012, 06:40 AM)
Cool in 101 too.

Sweet!!!

Row H  smile.gif  

#47 jesterhud

jesterhud

The Seeker

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Rush !, Marillion, anything to do with aviation, photography, gardening, model kits.

I am so boring.

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

Thinking of coming in from the Uk for this show.

Anyone know how long it would take to drive to Dulles Airport after the gig, or how much would a cab be to Dulles ?

Do they even have cabs at the venue ?

#48 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (jesterhud @ Aug 17 2012, 07:12 AM)

Anyone know how long it would take to drive to Dulles Airport after the gig, or how much would a cab be to Dulles ?

Dulles Airport is about 35 km from the venue and should be about a 25-30 minute drive

My best guess for a cab ride would be somewhere between $35 and $60.  

I have no clue if they have taxis available at the venue after the show, but you could certainly call for one.   (Make sure to get phone numbers before the show).

#49 workingman

workingman

The Seeker

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:Music, Guitars, Motorcycles, Computers

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

There is a cab stand at JLL. I've never used it myself, but cabs are there for people after the show.  Just ask the JLL staff when you get there.

#50 Empty Mindless Spectre

Empty Mindless Spectre

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 753 posts
  • Interests:RUSH, Fishing, Hockey, Fantasy Football

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE (jesterhud @ Aug 17 2012, 07:12 AM)

If you can make it, I would suggest you fly in for the Philadelphia show instead. The venue is about 5 miles from Philadelphia Int'l Airport. I'm sure you can make arrangements for a cab ride. Best bet is probably to discuss arrangements with the cab driver on your way from the airport to the show. I'm sure the sound will be better at the Philly show too.

2.gif    2.gif    2.gif

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre, 19 August 2012 - 10:44 PM.

#51 jesterhud

jesterhud

The Seeker

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Rush !, Marillion, anything to do with aviation, photography, gardening, model kits.

I am so boring.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

Thanks all, but wont be stopping in Washington now for the show, will be passing thru DC that weekend though on the way to Pittsburgh and family and then the Pittsburgh show 1022.gif  

#52 Tombstone Mountain

Tombstone Mountain

The Grinder of all Yukonian Blades

• Members *
  • 14365 posts
  • Interests:Picking it up. Laying it down.
    Staying on the inside track.
    Sniffin' out the truth!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (ridertoo98 @ Jul 27 2012, 11:42 AM)
The days are counting.. weeks away now!

Very stoked...can't wait...I hope they play all of Clockwork Angels. 1022.gif  

#53 rushlady23

rushlady23

Catwoman

• Members *
  • 16924 posts
  • Interests:Rush, cats, gardening, classic rock, cooking, baking, motorcycling, auto racing, baseball, chocolate

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:00 PM

A little over 2 weeks to wait  653.gif  

#54 vaportrails14

vaportrails14

The Seeker

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Listening to music, playing my bass guitar or my electric guitar jammin with my friends. Playing xbox 360. Spending time with my wife and kids.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

Anyone know if lawn seats will be made available the day of the concert

#55 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

Driving up from SC for this show, staying in the Leesburg area, how long a ride is it from Leesburg to Bristow? looks to be half an hour or so, amirite?

#56 BlameCanada

BlameCanada

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Probably closer to 45 minutes without traffic. But plan on some concert traffic that evening.  

#57 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (BlameCanada @ Aug 25 2012, 08:04 AM)
Probably closer to 45 minutes without traffic. But plan on some concert traffic that evening.

Thank you.

#58 apetersvt

apetersvt

The Professor

• Members
  • 3426 posts
  • Interests:wine (good beer and cheap liquor actually), women, and song

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (TWENTY_1_TWELVE @ Aug 25 2012, 08:50 AM)

Thank you.

Good news is that the show is a Sunday and therefore no Rush (no pun intended) hour traffic to deal with.  I've never had a problem with event traffic, but I also tend to get there plenty early to allow for maximum tailgating.

Also agree with 45 minutes as a good estimate.

#59 TWENTY_1_TWELVE

TWENTY_1_TWELVE

The Seeker

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Aug 25 2012, 09:58 AM)
QUOTE (TWENTY_1_TWELVE @ Aug 25 2012, 08:50 AM)

Thank you.

Good news is that the show is a Sunday and therefore no Rush (no pun intended) hour traffic to deal with.  I've never had a problem with event traffic, but I also tend to get there plenty early to allow for maximum tailgating.

Also agree with 45 minutes as a good estimate.

I'm a frequent visitor to the area but have not attended this venue before. Any parking tips or is it pretty much see a spot take it?

#60 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Was going to attend this show but there's nothing really different from the last one, imo.  When Rush steps up their game I'll see them again. If they quit touring soon I couldn't care less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users