Opening Song Prediction

Echoes

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Apr 16 2012, 05:19 AM)
Set I or Set II:

Countdown
Losing It
New World Man
The Weapon
Digital Man
Chemistry
The Analog Kid
Subdivisions

wink.gif

I don't think we are going to see iSignals in either set, now that there is the big possibility that CA is an entire concept album. I think the first set will be taken up by CA in its entirety!

If we get even 3 songs form Signals in the second set it might be too much! But you never know! It might work like this:

Set 1:

Clockwork Angels (Entire)

Set 2:

Subdivision

Analog kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

The Weapon

New World Man

Losing It

Countdown

Manhattan Project

Jacobs Ladder

YYZ / Drum Solo

Alex's Solo/ Tears

Xanadu (Entire)

2112/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Limelight

La Villa Strangiatto (Entire)

2nd Encore: (No Orchestra)

Far Cry

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

unsure.gif

Edited by losingit2k

What about YYZ? It is of course a classic and it's something they've never used to open a show before. I think it would kick ass!! Far Cry would also be great imo.

Not sure about Freewill or Subdivisions though. Neither of them really strike me as great show openers - Subdivisions in particular I think is just too mellow to really work. It works very well as an album opener but as a show opener, I'm not too sure.

Please no

Big Money or Radio

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Apr 16 2012, 12:04 PM)
or Workin' them Angels

You are aware that a set opener is suppose to get the crowd pumped up right away not put them to sleep? wink.gif

Watch the Beer line grow

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 17 2012, 07:55 PM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 17 2012, 08:47 AM)
QUOTE (Chicken hawk @ Apr 16 2012, 12:04 PM)
or Workin' them Angels

You are aware that a set opener is suppose to get the crowd pumped up right away not put them to sleep? wink.gif

Watch the Beer line grow

music.gif Did you intend that to be to the tune of Superconductor? music.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 17 2012, 09:18 PM)
Hemispheres Prelude.

I have spoken.

tongue.gif

goodpost.gif

Or the whole thing!! trink39.gif

Either way the opening of that song would be perfect for the first song of a show!

As for subdivisions, I think that that would be kind of anticlamactic. It's s goods song yeah but a set opener?..... I just can't see it....

I guess now that it looks like there's outdoor shows on this tour, 2112 wouldn't work as an opener.

It wont be TSOR, they don't open with the same song two tours in a row. I doubt it'll be Limelight since it was two tours ago. Far Cry isn't enough of a "hit" to please the casual fans. It's been three tours since Tom Sawyer opened it up, so maybe it'll be that.

I know this is going to make me sound like some old curmudgeon (and do l care?) but what is it with all this?

Why do you waste the mental energy speculating on the opening song?

Who cares? Same with speculative set lists. Jeez it's like the board is populated by hormonal teenage females

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Sin City @ Apr 18 2012, 01:36 AM)
I know this is going to make me sound like some old curmudgeon (and do l care?) but what is it with all this?
Who cares? Same with speculative set lists. Jeez it's like the board is populated by hormonal teenage females
confused13.gif

Is the thread title not representative of the content within? Were you tricked into coming in here? smile.gif

QUOTE (Sin City @ Apr 18 2012, 02:36 PM)
confused13.gif

hormonal teenage females...is that why you came into this thread? pokey.gif

I think they will go one of two routes, either a high energy song that they used to open with in the nineties like Force 10, Dreamline, and Animate, or just a Rush radio standard like Limelight, Tom Sawyer, or SoR. Personally I hope they open with Force 10. It kicks serious ass and I haven't seen 'em do it live yet. Although it would be nice to get Limelight out of the way early. Or Show Don't Tell would be a very pleasant surprise. Well, no matter what they open with, I'm sure there will be quite a lot of amazing old tunes in the set list that they haven't played live in a while.

QUOTE (Sin City @ Apr 18 2012, 12:36 AM)
confused13.gif

I don't know, is someone asking what do you think a band will open their show with any different than when someone asks you how do you think your favorite sports team will do in the upcoming season? They're both just questions asking your thoughts on a particular subject. Just like how it's fun to speculate about what your team will do this year, it's fun to speculate what you're favortie band will choose to open their show with on their upcoming tour.

The same goes for full set predictions. Though I will admit I can't do a full set prediction for this tour until I hear the new album. It's easier to pick older songs for the set once I get a feel for what the new album is like. We're just having some fun with wondering what might be played. You know who else likes to have fun and goof around a lot? The guys in Rush biggrin.gif

I could see them doing the new album in entirety in the first half, but after a couple of familiar songs. David Gilmour did this very thing with his tour for "On An Island" - early in the tour he was opening with the new album in entirety, but after a handful of shows he changed the setlist a bit and moved the Dark Side of the Moon stuff to the beginning. Then after intermission he pulled out the standards. The "Remember that Night" DVD is spectacular.