Opening Song Prediction

Echoes

QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 1 2012, 08:23 AM)
QUOTE (aaronrusso @ May 1 2012, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 1 2012, 05:31 AM)
I've just heard that 'THE ANALOG KID' will definitely be the opener for the second set. Also stated: 'Signals' will be a balance point for the upcoming shows.
The Info is from the german Rush Forum and the guy who posted this has contact to the direct periphery of the band and is also a friend of Alex's son.

when you say balance point, what do you mean?

smile.gif

That means the main focus will be on songs from 'Signals'. I personally doubt that they will play 'Signals' in its entirety but I'm pretty sure we will get 5-6 songs from the album.

As I mentioned in another post, based on what you say, I predict 6 songs, minus losing it and countdown.. not the whole album but fantastic nevertheless.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just heard that 'THE ANALOG KID' will definitely be the opener for the second set. Also stated: 'Signals' will be a balance point for the upcoming shows.
The Info is from the german Rush Forum and the guy who posted this has contact to the direct periphery of the band and is also a friend of Alex's son.

smile.gif

That means the main focus will be on songs from 'Signals'. I personally doubt that they will play 'Signals' in its entirety but I'm pretty sure we will get 5-6 songs from the album.

oh, cheers for that!

whatever they decide for the setlist im sure will be awesome either way, i just hope they pull out xanadu in its entirety biggrin.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ May 1 2012, 10:08 AM)

smile.gif

As I mentioned in another post, based on what you say, I predict 6 songs, minus losing it and countdown.. not the whole album but fantastic nevertheless.

I think four off Signals will be good enough. Doing six songs from it is a bit much considering they've got a new album that will take up a chunk of the set to. Also, I don't believe Analog Kid will be the second set opener because Rush never opens their sets with something that isn't the first song on an album. Unless you wanna count the R30 Overture but that was pretty much just the band playing their own intro music.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 1 2012, 09:39 AM)
QUOTE (greyfriar @ May 1 2012, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (Alchemical @ May 1 2012, 02:27 PM)

smile.gif

Any word on whether CA will be played in its entirety? How about Xanadu?

Nothing new in this context. As soon as I hear something about the setlist I will post it immediately.

While I'm sure your information is good faith, I'd be kind of surprised if they have the setlist figured out this far in advance of the tour. I'd tend to think they're still arguing about it. We haven't even had Alex guarantee a song everyone is dying to hear yet, that will end up being a big disappointment when they don't play it. biggrin.gif

But I hope you are right.

1. Even the band has no idea what the setlist is going to be at this point

2. Rehearsals wont begin until early July.. THAT is when we *might* get some credible info.

3. A lot can/will change between day 1 of rehearsals and day 1 of the tour.

It's fun to GUESS what they might play... but anybody who says FOR SURE they know what will be played this far out is full of..... something.

With all that being said... here are the first 3 songs of the CA 2012 Tour:

1. Overture/Temples

2. The Analog Kid

3. The Enemy Within

And yes, that is wild speculation fuled only by my maniacal little brain.

My info about the opener of the 2nd set is surely good faith, but the guy who posted this has 2 friends who are working with Alex in the studio and therefore he sounds very believable.

Personally I'm with the most of you guys thinking that the setlist isn't figured out yet. Anyway, I'm still dreaming of 'Signals' in its entirety, maybe in reverse order!!!

QUOTE (Snaked @ May 2 2012, 08:54 AM)

It's fun to GUESS what they might play... but anybody who says FOR SURE they know what will be played this far out is full of..... something.

Shit, just say it . You will feel better in the morning biggrin.gif

Man, Bastille day would be a great opener for the 1st set. And why not? since HF has recycled its riff (somewhat). Wishful thinking on my part though.

Maybe if they detuned it to a lower key for Ged, perhaps?

QUOTE (Cygnals @ May 3 2012, 05:04 PM)
Man, Bastille day would be a great opener for the 1st set. And why not? since HF has recycled its riff (somewhat). Wishful thinking on my part though.

Maybe if they detuned it to a lower key for Ged, perhaps?

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that. I think if they were able to down tume it properly to where Geddy could still pull it off, they wouldn't have gone over 30 years without playing it. If Geddy could still sing them, Batille Day and Anthem would be a great one, two punch to open the show. Sadly, that won't happen sad.gif