Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going through comments from the immediate release of BU2B and Caravan. See how many of these you guys agree with.

... It's hard, it's fresh. They're pretty hard hitting. They're pretty musically ambitious. One of the songs is longer... kind of a cross between Far Cry and Monkey Business. Another one is just the shorter kind of super energy song. ...

- Geddy

And these are all from individual fans on RIAB hearing them for the first time the night of release:

OMFG Caravan is HEAVY!

Caravan is heavy. Counterparts-ish. BU2B is definitely a step into the past.

Caravan sounds like 'Stick it out' part 2

WOW BU2B is AWESOME!! Heavy, dark, the intro sounds a bit like Soundgarden, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, etc.

"BU2B" sounds very "GUP" or "PW" like to me. Good to hear the keyboards back!!!

For some reason,BU2B reminds me of The Way The Wind Blow..Probably because of alex's Guitar parts.

BU2B must be the heaviest song ever recorded by Rush. It is along the same lines as Necromancer and the rest of Caress of Steel's heaviest parts.

Caravan really reminds me a lot of the S&A stuff.

BU2B is favorite headache Runaway Train PT. 2.

I though Caravan sounded a bit Presto-ish in terms of the synth.

Parts of "BU2B" reminds me of "Half the World."

B2UB sounds like a heavy Ozzy/Zakk Wylde tune.

Don't a whole lot of those make you go wtf.gif Those are other Rush fans describing new Rush songs for the first time. I suggest everybody chill a little bit until you hear it yourself. I'm in no way saying not to be excited or that I expect CA to be anything less than great, but the people here getting all excited about hearing "Bytor part 2" or "80-91 Rush in a blender" are probably going to be frustrated beyond belief that they created something in their mind that's pure fantasy.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 28 2012, 09:49 PM)
I'm going through comments from the immediate release of BU2B and Caravan. See how many of these you guys agree with.

... It's hard, it's fresh. They're pretty hard hitting. They're pretty musically ambitious. One of the songs is longer... kind of a cross between Far Cry and Monkey Business. Another one is just the shorter kind of super energy song. ...

- Geddy

And these are all from individual fans on RIAB hearing them for the first time the night of release:

OMFG Caravan is HEAVY!

WOW BU2B is AWESOME!! Heavy, dark, the intro sounds a bit like Soundgarden, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, etc.

For some reason,BU2B reminds me of The Way The Wind Blow..Probably because of alex's Guitar parts.

BU2B must be the heaviest song ever recorded by Rush. It is along the same lines as Necromancer and the rest of Caress of Steel's heaviest parts.

Don't a whole lot of those make you go wtf.gif Those are other Rush fans describing new Rush songs for the first time. I suggest everybody chill a little bit until you hear it yourself. I'm in no way saying not to be excited or that I expect CA to be anything less than great, but the people here getting all excited about hearing "Bytor part 2" or "80-91 Rush in a blender" are probably going to be frustrated beyond belief that they created something in their mind that's pure fantasy.

I don't expect it to sound like an 80's record but just the fact that it might have a lot of keys is enough for me to get excited. Keys mixed with a hard edge is what I've been wanting.(and more prog like which Caravan already is) Counterparts was kind of close but the keys weren't prominent enough.

Not sure if this has been posted in one of the other 18 Headlong Flight threads, but I picked this one because it had the most posts.

There was a new update on RIAB at 8:51pm tonight. Not much info, but new ambiguous info none the less:

http://www.rushisaband.com/blog/2012/03/28...-title-revealed

UPDATE - 3/28@8:51PM: There's a lot of conflicting information out there regarding when the single will get released, and I'm trying to sort it all out. In this day and age, a release can mean many things - which just adds to the confusion. We might get a short 30-second or 90-second clip, or it may be released for listening online, or it may get an early release on satellite radio, or it gets released to radio in general, or it gets release for purchase... you get the picture. Suffice it to say that we should get a chance to finally hear Headlong Flight sometime in the next few weeks - the sooner the better!

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:56 PM)

- Geddy

OMFG Caravan is HEAVY!

Don't a whole lot of those make you go  wtf.gif Those are other Rush fans describing new Rush songs for the first time. I suggest everybody chill a little bit until you hear it yourself. I'm in no way saying not to be excited or that I expect CA to be anything less than great, but the people here getting all excited about hearing "Bytor part 2" or "80-91 Rush in a blender" are probably going to be frustrated beyond belief that they created something in their mind that's pure fantasy.

I don't expect it to sound like an 80's record but just the fact that it might have a lot of keys is enough for me to get excited. Keys mixed with a hard edge is what I've been wanting.(and more prog like which Caravan already is) Counterparts was kind of close but the keys weren't prominent enough.

More keyboards?

Oh please God no...

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 28 2012, 08:56 PM)

- Geddy

OMFG Caravan is HEAVY!

Don't a whole lot of those make you go  wtf.gif Those are other Rush fans describing new Rush songs for the first time. I suggest everybody chill a little bit until you hear it yourself. I'm in no way saying not to be excited or that I expect CA to be anything less than great, but the people here getting all excited about hearing "Bytor part 2" or "80-91 Rush in a blender" are probably going to be frustrated beyond belief that they created something in their mind that's pure fantasy.

I understand, I think I basically want the same thing you do but my only point was that the descriptions we've heard today don't really tell us anything.

Just in those few comments I posted from various Rush fans BU2B was described as sounding like GUP and PW, The Way the Wind Blows, Half the World, Rob Zombie, Soundgarden, The Necromancer, Runaway Train, and Ozzy.

So when I hear the new song "feels like Bytor" you have to put it in that context.

Yeah.... no way do I think this will be a keyboard dominated record but just to have them back for texture and atmosphere is a good thing IMO.(I hope the source that said keys are back is not BS?) Supposedly it was someone who was at the listening party.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 28 2012, 10:40 PM)
ohmy.gif at this moment RIAB won't load!!! Oh no...more possible info being updated? Or just the surge of RUSH fans trying to see the latest!? confused13.gif

OR, most likely, RUSH had Anonymous attack RIAB for posting info about the new album because they want it to be a big secret!!!!

the surge. next question. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 28 2012, 10:05 PM)
Hopefully it'll be something like Counterparts mixed with Grace Under Pressure.

Now that sounds like a stellar album to me.

P/G kind of had an edge to it on quite a few of its tracks. Blend synths in with the more modern sound of CP and... Ooohh, the possibilities!

QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 28 2012, 11:55 PM)
So was the listening party for the whole album or just "Headlong Flight"? Either way, this sounds cool as hell.

I'm still waiting on confirmation that the listening party for the full record went off. Supposedly it did but we will see. The way I understand it Roadrunner reps went around to a few radio guys(I guess who weren't invited to the party...lol) and played them the new single but wouldn't let them have an actual copy of it. Roadrunner is being very careful with this. Does that mean they think they are sitting on a goldmine or just trying to create a pre-release buzz before the single hits. This whole speculation thing is fun tongue.gif

Edited by presto123